A very simple solution for Dragon's End?

Wait, this meta takes place on an explorable map I read?
So according to this idea, people would be ported out of any situation they are in without their consent. I can imagine the kitten-storm of people who have problems getting somewhere and finally make it and then get ported...

I personally would be mega pissed.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

For me i think the actual soo won fight should be instanced and the actual dragons end meta is the prep work to open up the instance.

You open up so many avenues here doing that, public instance which could be an easier version for people who just wanna do the fight, a private lobby version which could be nerf free and that could even have a challenge mode, plus the prep work meta would still have all the buffs that influence your loot in the end for those who want to do it all.

I enjoy the meta and would love to add it to my daily rotation but man i don't got 2 hours a day to spend on it, a 20 odd minute daily cm soo won though? sign me up!

Edited by Bookah pls.9352
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

Maybe Dragon's End should have been a completely dedicated meta map with nothing else to do, so ppl not interested in the meta wouldn't even get in, besides story and completion, maybe?

Yes, that was one of the suggestions that were made nearly from day one after the release of EoD. Also several players suggested to make it a 50-player instance. Both suggestions could solve that problem.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Appreciate trying to find solutions, but...

There are so many reasons to be on the map other than the meta:

Ah, there's my next story step! *yoink* WTH?

Ah, the last POI/Vista I need for map completion is just over... *yoink* WTH?

Finally got max fishing stacks, let's see if I can catch... *yoink* WTH?

Almost got my daily quota of jade, there's the last node I need to mine... *yoink* WTH?

Almost done with Canthan daily... Just 1 more Naga to slay, and there it... *yoink* WTH?

Sorry, it's an absolutely terrible idea to teleport unsuspecting players somewhere they don't want to go.

I don't mind the meta and have successfully done it twice.  My problem is that I rarely get a 2 hour block of time and when I do there are other things that are a priority for me.  Same reason I've only done the Mordy meta a few times. It's just Too kitten Long. 

If they moved it to an instance, it'd still be too long, unless it was only the final fight and then people would show up just for that with zero buff stacks.

The "best" solution is probably a mechanism for squad commanders to open a new/exclusive instance of a map which auto-adjusts max squad size to the max map population and then let the community handle it from there.  Public maps would be generally non-meta, do what you want.  People wanting to run the meta would have to use LFG and look for a commander with a private instance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's not a solution, that's a problem in the making.

The fishers have as much right to be on that map doing their stuff as anyone else. If Anet did not intend them to be there, they would not have placed fishing spots there.

Adding to your comments.

This has happened: I'm fishing on a map with zero contribution towards moving along the "low" bar. I have a decent number of stacks of fishing, so I've been on that map a while. Then someone asks "is this map doing the meta?". Then someone sticks up a commander tag and states that the map is doing the meta. Then the commander tells everyone not doing the meta to leave the map. More than once. I recall a statement of "I know you're fishing down there". 

Which comes down to: if people really want to get pedantic about this, the fishers were there first. The fishers had stacks before someone "decided" for everyone else that the map was doing the meta.

Also, say just for argument's sake that the buffs will be retained upon map swap. How would fishers swap to a new map? The map closing hasn't come up. The only way to swap instances is to group with someone in another IP and then join on them. That person would be in LFG wanting people to come into a meta-map.

Edited to add, for clarity: I have contributed nothing, and the map has got zero movement in the "low" bar indicating that no-one is working on events.

Edited by Hesione.9412
Clarity.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Wait, this meta takes place on an explorable map I read?
So according to this idea, people would be ported out of any situation they are in without their consent. I can imagine the kitten-storm of people who have problems getting somewhere and finally make it and then get ported...

I personally would be mega pissed.

It does. You need map complete on DE in order to make your legendary Aurene weapon, just like you need map complete on the other three maps. Additionally, there are commune mastery points in DE.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/31/2022 at 9:14 PM, KeoLegend.5132 said:

I agree with you. I also question myself. Thats the issue. Thats why they need to be forced up if the time expires. There's nothing more demotivating than working 2 hours on a map just to have 34 people in the plateau

You don't always need to hold the hand of players you know. That can easily be a slippery slope where now suddenly players are accustomed to beinh handheld and carried as opposed to thinking for themselves, so now they wont engage in content if requires them to pay attention.

Its akin to what groupfinder did to wow, taking the soul of the interaction among the community and why games that don't hold your hand feels much more rewarding to play rather than being fed "free stuff", which is quite honestly a flat feeling.

Im just saying, you hold the hands of players and that is exactly what they will expect and demand going forward, and that is the beginning of the hollowing out from below, from which 10 years later all life shall be sucked.

Edited by Crackmonster.2790
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Im not supporting the OP’s suggestion, but wondering I add m wondering about the arguments against people getting teleported against their will. Once the fight starts, there’s twenty minutes before it ends, plus a little of the post fight time, then the map will reset, right?

So at some point the yoink is coming. If not at the start of the fight, a little while after.

• Like 1

No.  If I am on the map - it is for other reasons. I have no interest in the meta, and would not want to be teleported into it.  If I had any interest in it, I would be paying attention and going there. I am not.  Sounds more like you want an instanced event. Open world has options. I opt not to do it. 😎

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1