DX11 Rendering BETA

Yeah, I fully expect I'll lose my consistent 120fps in instanced content once dx11 is out of beta, if they restore all the currently broken features. That's got to be some overhead, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're very slowly rolling it back in as they squash other bugs like the glowing white textures, the constant full screen technicolour flashes when moving between different environments like above/below water (As a player with epilepsy, I would like to suggest this being a priority) and the like. I'm happy for them not to rush this job though.

On 3/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, Big Red Candle.5186 said:

No, just wondering why its still considered beta when, for me, it works great.

Silly ANet, how could they forget that you are the only person who plays GW2? Just because it works for you does not mean it is working perfectly for everyone else just yet. Its still in beta because there are still some bugs that ANet is working on fixing in it

On 3/31/2022 at 3:02 PM, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

I would never play GW2 if it wasnt for X11, LONNGGGGGGG overdue..... Seriously I was sick and tired of having a 3500$$$$ PC and getting 10 frames. DX11 Im getting like over 150 now and the graphics are way better now

I'm sorry but this is just kitten. A $3500 PC would not be getting only 10 fps on GW2 using the DX9 renderer. And beyond that, going from DX9 to DX11 would not give anyone 15x increase in performance. Making up numbers just makes it sound like you are lying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, OriOri.8724 said:

I'm sorry but this is just kitten. A $3500 PC would not be getting only 10 fps on GW2 using the DX9 renderer. And beyond that, going from DX9 to DX11 would not give anyone 15x increase in performance. Making up numbers just makes it sound like you are lying

Yeah, my £1000 laptop gets on average in open world content with other players around, about 50fps in dx9 and 90fps in dx11 with all the game's graphics maxed on an RX 6600...

Edited by Sunyavadin.7962
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, WARHEAD.1932 said:

Great work on dx11, hope soon will be exit from beta.

Just hopefully not too soon, we want it to be ready to come out of beta by the time they actually decide to push the finished version.
I also hope that when they switch it to the default, the game still remembers if we had dx9 selected before the patch, and only makes it the default for new account logins on a system, since I know at least two of my systems from 2017 and earlier don't support gw2 in dx11 mode as it stands in the beta, and it'd be a nuisance to many players trying to log in and having the game crash on them the first time after the patch.

Edited by Sunyavadin.7962

Idk if PPL noticed it ... But when u play dragonfall story where we go thru a cave to reach kralky's mouth, the screen would have a purple aura around the sides and reacts to kralky's heartbeat rhythm... That part has some graphic bug ... Instead of smoothening, it gets displayed like squares/ square boxes on screen after a patch, I played the story on diff char, the square box appeared less and stayed for few secs then smoothened up... When I run during heartbeat rhythm, square box appear for short while