A South east Asian Region Appeal: Fix the netcode and node routing please.

I have played guild wars for nearly 13 years now.

On and off, even in guild wars 1, my ping would spike to 3k to 5k. In my 9 years of guild wars 2, I continue to experience the same. Recently it has become worse and I have been having a horrible game experience across all game modes.

A lot of my friends have resorted to using game network accelerators like mudfish to have a consistent ping. Many have been using such solutions since year 1 of gw2, and it has cost them quite a bit of money since then! However I don't believe that this is a good solution given GW2 will soon release on steam.

I implore Anet to fix this issue for longer distance players not from EU or NA. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am playing from Malaysia for almost 5 years, and it has been quite stable previously with about 240-250ms latency. Recently after the SAB event went live, I have been experiencing severe lag spike up to 5000+ms latency randomly. The game is totally unplayable without using VPN. Even with VPN, the latency sometime spike over 400-500ms randomly.

I am pretty sure my internet is fine with other games, only with Guild Wars 2 it has been a nightmare.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Uproller.1849 said:

Same here. Game is unplayable after the patch with severe rubber banding with spikes up to 5000ms. It was generally fine before the SAB patch though (consistently hovering at 250-300ms ping)

My friend from Philippines just got another half day suspension for using mudfish.

Just another day playing gw2 I guess. You really are doomed to misery if you live outside NA/EU

• Sad 1

It's no better in EU. I live in the UK and generally speaking, the lag isn't horrible. I have a fairly average internet speed and decent connection, in the ballpark of 50Mbps. But, I have been suffering skill lag and ping exceeding 5k making all content completely  unplayable since the SAB patch.