We have got to address Spirit Shards and Tomes of Knowledge

I wish there was better things to use spirit shards on. I bet across all players there is trillions rotting in wallets.

Let's go make that cragstone shield guys and then the 100s of more skins like that which NOBODY uses. 🤣

Lot of stuff in this game just rotting away because it's easier to just let things stay as they are.

Edited by Redfeather.6401

Wait this is a post arguing for more?..

I thought it would be quite the opposite lol

I'm a fairly casual player and I have thousands of shards and stacks of tomes that I can't get rid of, even when I regularly use them on keyfarm characters.

These resources are insanely excessive to me.. and yet to others they are crazy hard to get.
Seems like the simple options here would be allow us to trade/sell them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Getting it via PvP is doable solo and probably as easy as it will ever get.

Most likely will be the easiest method.. I agree.

Although the vast majority of Gw2 players really don't like PvP so they won't go for it there.

WvW is probably the closest method for me although i'm not actively looking to get a set tbh.
I make weapons but only for the skins, so there's only a handful I really like.
Sigils and Runes are probably the ones I put most value in so I plan on making enough of those eventually.

But armour and trinkets don't appeal that much to me, I don't build swap like most people do so I rarely ever change my active equipment and stats.. specially now with templates in the game.
I still prefer to make new characters when I want to try out new builds because often times the builds I make and the equipment they use are themed, so I want to make a character that reflects that theme rather than change an existing one that already has a theme I like.

Yes it’s bad. I know the feeling. I also have that problem. There are ppl who have more then 4K spirit shards. I only have 87 left (and 1 blood shard in bank) before I just did silver wastes chest run and opened the bags for shards. But January 2021 they removed the spirit shards from those bags that drop from chests. When I did that back then I always got some spirit shards. But now no more. 
a few weeks ago I opened around 27 airship boxes in verdant brink. BUT I haven’t looted a single spirit shard from the chest. This is ridiculous. 

I am just thinking to take a break from guildwars 2. This game asks too much from me. 
I am often mental tired. And irl i can not do all things because of this. Maybe if I quit guildwars 2 for some time and not focus on tasks in this game I get more energie.    And I thought tonight. For who I am doing this all? In future. Before it was just an game to play relax and do something I like. But from the time I started for legendary amulet it changed to work. I want so many things. I am thinking all day long (many times a day everywhere) about the game how I can do things. What armor stats and many more things.  I want legendary armor. But I am not able to. Wvw is too long and need a Zerg. I avoid pvp. And raids asks too much from me. And I have to be part of a team. I still need saga mastery. EoD mastery. Turtle unlocked. Legendary trinkets. Always busy for gold. It’s tasks after tasks and always new goals. Many times busy for armor stats on a equipment website. If I can just stat swap it makes it so much easier and more fun. 

and to see the emoticons ppl use at OP post. The community don’t place them in someone else situation and or can’t imagine it because themselves have all they want. 

The only thing I really want is the title “hero of lions arch” so I have to get back to the game often so i don’t miss it again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm completely swimming in spirit shards. I've made a lot of legendaries, I've stat swapped multiple hundreds of pieces of gear... They are so easy to come across, they're almost abundant.

Even my alt that I don't play much has 3,000 currently and I've made quite a few legendaries there also.

If you're running out, either you're very new to the game (in which case.. just play more and you'll get them) or you're using a crazy amount of them...

• Like 2

I got 20 level 80 chars soon to be 10k hours over 4 years, this is a time to play issue, i swap my gear almost constantly i use shards to make gold, ive crafted legendarys, this is an issue for people who dont have time to play like i do.  Its understandable that people cant play, its harder for them to do things that people who can play several hours a day every day of can, but thats how most games are you dont get anything unless you put time in to get it. 

i am literally drowning in spirit shards. i do absolutely nothing to intentionally try get them. they just come pouring from windows and doors if i as much as touch the core game maps with my level 80 characters. if there is a problem of not getting them enough, what i am doing right/wrong?

3 minutes ago, Mutisija.5017 said:

i am literally drowning in spirit shards. i do absolutely nothing to intentionally try get them. they just come pouring from windows and doors if i as much as touch the core game maps with my level 80 characters. if there is a problem of not getting them enough, what i am doing right/wrong?

Not converting them into money or making legendary gear. A lot of the super wealthy barons apparently deplete their shards regularly upgrading mats for legendary crafting.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not converting them into money or making legendary gear. A lot of the super wealthy barons apparently deplete their shards regularly upgrading mats for legendary crafting.

They do it by using other people's spirit shards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/d5shsr/the_math_behind_the_spirit_shard_gold_schemescam/

So they use other people's time to maximize into their profit.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

Your spirit shard farming is hindered because you probably haven't optimized it, have you gotten all your masteries? Do you have all your acc boosts? etc.

Normally you don't actually need spirit shards for anything ascended, throwing them into that is actually a major league waste when there's tons of better ways to get ascended armor.

Also stat swapping, is probably something you consider doing once, not over and over again, that too is a waste and should warrant you looking at what you're doing or how worthwhile it is to continue to do as you're told.

Edited by Aridon.8362

2 minutes ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

I think the whole 'I have billion shards vs I have none' has more to with the time you put in to the game. I've pretty much used my reserves since I don't have the time to play as much as I used to.

But when you don't have the time, you also have probaly not the time to make countless legendarys or stat-swap your'e charakters everyday. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

But when you don't have the time, you also have probaly not the time to make countless legendarys or stat-swap your'e charakters everyday. 

Indeed. Don't get em much but don't really use em much either. Been a slow process but bit by bit still running out.

• Like 1

This is one of those situations where I think certain players will have TONS of them, and certain players will always struggle with them, depending on your playstyle and which game modes you usually frequent. As somebody who plays basically everything in GW2, I get the bulk of my Spirit Shards via PvP/WvW, which gives you tons of Tomes of Knowledge that you just consume on the spot. However, if you're a new'ish PvE player who hasn't maxed out all the masteries, you'll probably find that you're struggling to gain Spirit Shards because any XP you gain instantly goes towards maxing out masteries in one campaign or another. If you're trying to fund your Legendary journey (or some other purpose like mat conversion or changing stats on your Ascended gear).

So, I guess the situation does kinda suck if you're stuck in that latter position, but if you stick it out, it WILL get better. Trust me.

9 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

They do it by using other people's spirit shards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/d5shsr/the_math_behind_the_spirit_shard_gold_schemescam/

So they use other people's time to maximize into their profit.

When they run out they do that. You have to pay other people for their shards. Cuts into profits.

14 hours ago, Aridon.8362 said:

Your spirit shard farming is hindered because you probably haven't optimized it, have you gotten all your masteries? Do you have all your acc boosts? etc.

Normally you don't actually need spirit shards for anything ascended, throwing them into that is actually a major league waste when there's tons of better ways to get ascended armor.

Also stat swapping, is probably something you consider doing once, not over and over again, that too is a waste and should warrant you looking at what you're doing or how worthwhile it is to continue to do as you're told.

Haven't thought about that before but every 10 swap is around another piece of armor.

11 hours ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

This is one of those situations where I think certain players will have TONS of them, and certain players will always struggle with them, depending on your playstyle and which game modes you usually frequent. As somebody who plays basically everything in GW2, I get the bulk of my Spirit Shards via PvP/WvW, which gives you tons of Tomes of Knowledge that you just consume on the spot. However, if you're a new'ish PvE player who hasn't maxed out all the masteries, you'll probably find that you're struggling to gain Spirit Shards because any XP you gain instantly goes towards maxing out masteries in one campaign or another. If you're trying to fund your Legendary journey (or some other purpose like mat conversion or changing stats on your Ascended gear).

So, I guess the situation does kinda suck if you're stuck in that latter position, but if you stick it out, it WILL get better. Trust me.

They also drop from enemies for lv80 characters and from various containers like VB's airship cargo. Even if the exp is going to masteries those sources would still be generating shards.

On 4/1/2022 at 1:16 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Oh come on, you get 10 Philosopher's stones for 1 spirit shard, that's enough for 2 t5 to t6 conversions. How much mats are you converting and where are you getting them from of you're low on spirit shards because of the conversion?

Trophy shipments
Fractal Encryptions
General farming
Reward tracks (PVP, WvW, Drizzlewood)

Generally, after about 28 days of doing just fractal dailies, I'd get enough t5 to convert 200 times.  Mix this with an average of 10k volatile magic in the same timeframe via farming home instance, it gets a bit crazy.  Granted, Fractals give a load of exp anyways, so I never had problems keeping up with spirit shards, but if you do any sort of legendary crafting for profit, you're  going to run out of shards quite fast.

Edited by Sir Alymer.3406