We have got to address Spirit Shards and Tomes of Knowledge

On 4/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

The process of gaining spirit shards and the lack of abundance is terrible for for the game. Let's analyze the ability to get them:

Tome Excess

Dailies

Killing Players in WVW on random Drops

SOS (Max 5)

Thats it:

Now let's look at access to Tomes: Once a week on Daily Log in

PVP, WVW Track (max is a few)

Chests 

Anyone going for Stat swaps on ascended, Crafting Legendaries, Crafting Ascended, using Augur Stones for Vision Crystals, Anthologys, Bloodstones, Eldritch, all require MASSIVE amounts of Shards when the application of getting them is extremely low. Stat swapping ascended armor or crafting ascended armor just needs to flat out be removed with Spirit Shards or changed in currency. The cost of making ascended armor per piece will average about 60 gold (more or less) and the cost of stat swapping other than hours of grinding WVW or wasting money on Gems for chests is insane... You might get lucky if you can get with a ZERG group and get some on chests. (Dont even bother for lower end servers with low pop getting ROFL Stomped by Black Rock) Its not even a process that matches the identity of the item its just a random lets have players do this because we have nothing else to think of. At least half the requirements or up the drop rate, change the daily log in and include more shards. The only way to actually gain a lot is spend 2 3 hours and maybe you will get a max of 15 or 20? Maybe? Not everyone is going to dedicate 8 to 22 hours a day like Teapot can. This is such an outdated process that has been going on since HOT and even before that. You have changed clovers, you have changed mystic coins, Ectos were addressed WAY back in the day, you have addressed obsidian shards but this is the most broken annoying part of the game. Luckily there are some who enjoy ALL aspects of GW2 and don't mind playing WVW but what of those who refuse or are only PVE? Going for anything that require shards you make it pretty much impossible. and dull., not to mention you can play and do everything and get 1-3? Thats insane Anet

i have said this before, it's hard to get a bloodstone shard. for casual pve players. before i did silver wastes bag opening for spirit shards. but they removed them from the bags loot table. 

Edited by titje.2745
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, titje.2745 said:

i have said this before, it's hard to get a bloodstone shard. for casual pve players. before i did silver wastes bag opening but they removed them from the bags. 

Actually you did that if you are not longer getting dust. They only drop for lv80 characters.

HoT is also better for dust from airship cargo, exalted chests and crystallized caches. The chests themselves can drop dust and they also drop bags that can drop more dust.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/26/2023 at 6:00 PM, Khisanth.2948 said:

Actually you did that if you are not longer getting dust. They only drop for lv80 characters.

HoT is also better for dust from airship cargo, exalted chests and crystallized caches. The chests themselves can drop dust and they also drop bags that can drop more dust.

i meant the spirit shards for bloodstone shard (cost  200 spirit shards), the spirit shards dropped before from silverwastes bandit chests bags. but they removed the spirit shard drops from the bags. i don't said anything about dust. sorry that you misunderstood me. ppl downvote often here, but others doesn't really read what someone means.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So in Silverwastes you get lots of spirit shards because you keep looping the xp track. every 254,000 I believe you get one and so it's pretty easy to rack them up there. That was likely the source of the shards and not the chests themselves. The chests will get you obsidian shards though, which are also useful for some crafting.

• Like 1

Spirit shards were designed as an end-game currency that fuels player interactions with the Mystic Forge. Whether this is for promoting materials, generating unique equipment, or working toward a Legendary item, the spirit shard cost reflects a time investment spent engaging in gameplay. Over the years we have monitored the acquisition of spirit shards, and we have come to a determination that allowing them to drop from champion loot bags has both devalued them as a currency and also created restrictions on how we use champions in encounters. For these reasons, we have made the decision to remove spirit shards from the drop tables of champion loot bags. They will still be available from every other existing source, and we will be closely monitoring how this change affects the game's economy.

• Removed spirit shards as a potential drop from champion loot bags.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Spirit shard used to drop from champion bags, the bandit purse, garanted in bandit chest is a champion bag. 

The thousands of spirit shard some people got probably came from that (in part) 

Finally someone with a brain that uses it!! thanks for that. ppl here nowadays just downvote if they don't know something about it, but just think the person is talking nonsense, so they downvote instead of searching up what the person meant.