Saltwater fishing drop rates still awful.

Even after the buff it seems that Salwater fishing is still insanely grindy, the time to complete does not even  come close to world class fisher which is much much quicker even though they are quite similar (fish can be found anywhere). Is there a bug with the collection, does high fishing power even increase the chances or is it similar to the Magic Find bug where it screws you if its too high?

There are already Saltwater Nodes in the game, why not add the Saltwater fish to these nodes so we can actually target the fish?

Currently this collection is anti fun, I feel that the implementation of Skiffs and Fishing has been great but the Salwater achievement really tarnishes the system and is just extremely frustrating. The other collections still take quite a lot of time and have some annoying RNG but at least you are able to specifically target the fish you need. (took me over 40 hours for all the other collections)

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I will agree with you. There is also another fact that came to my mind: I m on 13/14 on Saltwater fishes and i ve spend more than 6 hours on that last fish. Now, while chasing that 14th one i ve droped only 9 different other saltwater fishes, meaning the Avid collection will be another nightmare if the diversity is as bad as the drop rate.

It's also more punishing for players that have completed the rest collections and chasing only these specific.

This grind has killed the fun out of it and i don t think i ll return to finishing after i m done with this last one or at least after a long time after i see some real changes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

too hard for each account. There is a bandage solution but will shorten all collections: if u get duplicates of fishes u caught, u can add them to the collection when u unlock avid 1)

Add specific holes in a map or all maps only with saltwater fishes or garbage-no complains for the kessex hill map so why not 2)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Simply adding bait preferences would be the easy way (depending on how the RNG and if/ands are set up) to solve the duplicate problem, even if it is two fish sharing the same liked bait. While I've caught fish out of preferred time, I have never caught a fish off the wrong bait, so it offers the best control over the RNG.

• Sad 1