Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Gunsaber remove Axe Bonus.


ugrakarma.9416

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Well as title says. using gunsaber remove Axe Ferocity bonus. i didnt know if remove the bonus adren effect.

Other specs mechanics like reaper don't remove weapons bonus from traits.

Seems sensible to me ... when you swap from Axe to Gunsaber, you aren't wielding an axe anymore. Why would anyone expect to get the axe ferocity bonus in the first place?

Reaper doesn't remove weapon bonus from traits? Reaper isn't a weapon swap. I don't see the relationship here. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Seems sensible to me ... when you swap from Axe to Gunsaber, you aren't wielding an axe anymore. Why would anyone expect to get the axe ferocity bonus in the first place?

Reaper doesn't remove weapon bonus from traits? Reaper isn't a weapon swap. I don't see the relationship here. 

Doesnt change the fact that Bladesworn is rather underperforming.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Valisha.8650 said:

Doesnt change the fact that Bladesworn is rather underperforming.

Ironically, neither does the fact that it's INTENDED you don't get Axe ferocity buff if you aren't using an axe. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Seems sensible to me ... when you swap from Axe to Gunsaber, you aren't wielding an axe anymore. Why would anyone expect to get the axe ferocity bonus in the first place?

Reaper doesn't remove weapon bonus from traits? Reaper isn't a weapon swap. I don't see the relationship here. 

All specs don't do like this(engineer, reaper) etc. Engineer kits don't cut rifle/pistol/hammer whatsover traits "because u aren't wielding rifle anynome". Guardians with tomes same.

Their normal approach to this is that class mechanics should not cut weapons bonus traitlines, because they shouldnt sound as handcap. anyway is their "normal approach" maintain warrior trash as possible, so yeah it can be intended.

EDIT: Could be the case they find guns and glory(250 ferocity) too strong and opted to not let player stack all that ferocity, to me is fair tradeoff. 250 ferocity instead of any weapon bonus from traits.

 

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

All specs don't do like this(engineer, reaper) etc. Engineer kits don't cut rifle/pistol/hammer whatsover traits "because u aren't wielding rifle anynome". Guardians with tomes same.

Their normal approach to this is that class mechanics should not cut weapons bonus traitlines, because they shouldnt sound as handcap. anyway is their "normal approach" maintain warrior trash as possible, so yeah it can be intended.

EDIT: Could be the case they find guns and glory(250 ferocity) too strong and opted to not let player stack all that ferocity, to me is fair tradeoff. 250 ferocity instead of any weapon bonus from traits.

 

That's OK ... what other specs do don't change the fact that it's REASONABLE for warriors who don't use an axe to not get the axe ferocity buff. It simply doesn't make sense to complain that the trait works how it's obviously intended.

I mean, your argument here is literally that weapons that AREN'T axe should get the axe ferocity buff (because there is no argument that you can make to prove Gunsaber isn't treated like any other weapon that ISN'T an axe). At no level does that make sense, even if you convinced yourself other classes do it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's OK ... what other specs do don't change the fact that it's REASONABLE for warriors who don't use an axe to not get the axe ferocity buff. 

Well i tested more stuff, i switched to Bursting Mastery trait(+7%  bursting skill damage) and started get the 250k+ hits from the Dragon Slash, instead of 150~190k, the tradeoff is too good to bother with weapons traits bonus.

 

Oh well its seems Bladesworn ressurected Bursting Mastery as good option to warriors.

 

About YOUR "reasonable" is only reasonable as long its good. Because Anet never cared about specs coeherence and we are already full of bizarre hibrids. All Enginner kits maintain weapons trait bonus(rifle, pistol, hammers have specific traits), other reason than this is just nerdish stuff("look at me how im smart i am to play a hard overnerfed spec")..

 

 

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Well i tested more stuff, i switched to Bursting Mastery trait(+7%  bursting skill damage) and started get the 250k+ hits from the Dragon Slash, instead of 150~190k, the tradeoff is too good to bother with weapons traits bonus.

 

Oh well its seems Bladesworn ressurected Bursting Mastery as good option to warriors.

 

About YOUR "reasonable" is only reasonable as long its good. Because Anet never cared about specs coeherence and we are already full of bizarre hibrids. All Enginner kits maintain weapons trait bonus(rifle, pistol, hammers have specific traits), other reason than this is just nerdish stuff.

 

You can believe what you like about what is reasonable or not. What I can assure you is that if it's not an axe, it's not going to get the axe ferocity buff. That just goes without saying and is not limited to BsW ... yet you somehow turned it into an argument SPECIFICALLY about how BsW is bad. That doesn't make sense. 

Here is something else I know: it's not too much to ask for complaints about BsW to make sense if we want Anet to take them seriously. Apparently that bit of common sense isn't as common as it should be. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's OK ... what other specs do don't change the fact that it's REASONABLE for warriors who don't use an axe to not get the axe ferocity buff. It simply doesn't make sense to complain that the trait works how it's obviously intended.

I mean, your argument here is literally that weapons that AREN'T axe should get the axe ferocity buff (because there is no argument that you can make to prove Gunsaber isn't treated like any other weapon that ISN'T an axe). At no level does that make sense, even if you convinced yourself other classes do it. 

But it does change this 'fact' tho.

How on earth is it reasonable that other classes retain their weapon-specific traits when changing their skillbar with their profession mechanic, but somehow the opposite is reasonable for warrior? Please elaborate.

And no, the argument is not that literally all weapons should get the ferocity buff. The argument is strictly about the Gunsaber, which is part of the profession mechanic for Bladesworn (just as kits, photon forge, shroud, tomes etc. are for other professions). So it is not simply just 'another different weapon'. You are forced into it if you pick Bladesworn as part of its mechanic. So it should be treated exactly the same as other profession mechanics.

Edited by Zsoak.5409
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zsoak.5409 said:

But it does change this 'fact' tho.

How on earth is it reasonable that other classes retain their weapon-specific traits when changing their skillbar with their profession mechanic, but somehow the opposite is reasonable for warrior? Please elaborate.

 

I don't need to elaborate. What is relevant here is that it's actually ABSURD to complain that non-axe weapons (which includes Gunsaber) don't benefit from an axe-specific buff to complain BsW is bad. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't know ... it's not relevant here anyways.

What I do know is that it's actually ABSURD to complain that non-axe weapons don't benefit from an axe-specific buff to complain BsW is bad. 

Lmao, but it is relevant. Why is only warrior the exception?

Did you read the part I wrote about profession mechanics? Gunsaber is not simply a 'non-axe weapon', it is Bladesworn's profession mechanic. And other profession mechanics do retain weapon specific traits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Well i tested more stuff, i switched to Bursting Mastery trait(+7%  bursting skill damage) and started get the 250k+ hits from the Dragon Slash, instead of 150~190k, the tradeoff is too good to bother with weapons traits bonus.

 

Oh well its seems Bladesworn ressurected Bursting Mastery as good option to warriors.

 

About YOUR "reasonable" is only reasonable as long its good. Because Anet never cared about specs coeherence and we are already full of bizarre hibrids. All Enginner kits maintain weapons trait bonus(rifle, pistol, hammers have specific traits), other reason than this is just nerdish stuff("look at me how im smart i am to play a hard overnerfed spec")..

 

 

Engi doesn't have traits for rifle or hammer, and the trait for pistols works only for pistols (improving condi duration for pistol skills only, not kits). Maybe you are thinking of sigils which proc on weapon swap, in which case that works for gunsaber if you slot it on axe too.

Edited by Aravind.9610
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zsoak.5409 said:

Lmao, but it is relevant. Why is only warrior the exception?

Did you read the part I wrote about profession mechanics? Gunsaber is not simply a 'non-axe weapon', it is Bladesworn's profession mechanic. And other profession mechanics do retain weapon specific traits.

There is no exception here. Gunsaber is NOT AN AXE ... so it DOESN'T get an axe-specific buff. There is NO argument you can make that will justify Gunsaber getting axe ferocity buff. It's completely nonsensical to think it should. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

There is no exception here. Gunsaber is NOT AN AXE ... so it DOESN'T get an axe-specific buff. There is NO argument you can make that will justify Gunsaber getting axe ferocity buff. It's completely nonsensical to think it should. 

Well then by that logic then all the other professions that have weapon traits should lose those weapon traits when they change form/access a bundle because they're no longer wielding those weapons.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

There is no exception here. Gunsaber is NOT AN AXE ... so it DOESN'T get an axe-specific buff. There is NO argument you can make that will justify Gunsaber getting axe ferocity buff. It's completely nonsensical to think it should. 

Man you're just trolling now aren't you. 😄

Gunsaber is a profession mechanic. Explain me this then: why is my Sigil of Accuracy bonus carrying over when I switch to Gunsaber? I don't have Sigil of Accuracy in my Gunsaber, do I? I have it in my Axe. So what?

It's because it is a profession mechanic, a 'stance' or 'mode' if you please. And not simply 'a different weapon'. Thus it should retain the same bonuses.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Well then by that logic then all the other professions that have weapon traits should lose those weapon traits when they change form/access a bundle because they're no longer wielding those weapons.

OK ... then make a post about that ... but there is no way anyone can reasonably justify that Gunsaber should get an axe-specific buff ... because it's NOT an axe. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Zsoak.5409 said:

Man you're just trolling now aren't you. 😄

Gunsaber is a profession mechanic. Explain me this then: why is my Sigil of Accuracy bonus carrying over when I switch to Gunsaber? I don't have Sigil of Accuracy in my Gunsaber, do I? I have it in my Axe. So what?

It's because it is a profession mechanic, a 'stance' or 'mode' if you please. And not simply 'a different weapon'. Thus it should retain the same bonuses.

Wait, I'm trolling because I think it's reasonable that Gunsaber doesn't get an axe-specific buff because it's not an axe? OK 🤣

The profession mechanic is the Dragon Trigger burst. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Wait, I'm trolling because I think it's reasonable that Gunsaber doesn't get an axe-specific buff? No, I think YOU are trolling me. 

Yes I do think that, and you failed to convince me otherwise, because so far you completely ignored my reasoning and just repeated 'HURR DURR NOT AN AXE'.

At this point I give up because it's clearly not worth my time arguing with you, but please go on if you wish.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Zsoak.5409 said:

At this point I give up because it's clearly not worth my time arguing with you, but please go on if you wish.

It's good you give up ... because you are wrong. There is NO argument you can make that justifies a Gunsaber (which is not an axe) getting an axe-specific buff, because it's not an axe. Just because it's identified as a bundle on Wiki does NOT justify Gunsaber getting the axe ferocity buff. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

All specs don't do like this(engineer, reaper) etc. Engineer kits don't cut rifle/pistol/hammer whatsover traits "because u aren't wielding rifle anynome". Guardians with tomes same.

- Engineer don't have weapon trait that increase a stat when using a specific weapon. (pistol trait increase condi damage regardless of weapon wielded)

- Reaper don't have a weapon trait that increase a stat when wielding a specific weapon. (Axe/focus/warhorn/dagger traits don't increase stats, Scepter trait increase condi damage regardless of weapon wielded)

Just to point out that the examples you base your arguments are poor. You should have taken weaver or firebrand for reliability (thought few use conjured weapon with weaver)

Also, warrior's axe trait have a part that increase ferocity regardless of weapon used and a part that increase it based on the weapon used. Let's also keep in mind that the shroud and other transformations aren't listed as "bundle" but as "transformations", making it normal that both work differently (Superior rune of the engineer don't work with shroud for example but do work with the various bundle. Need to be tested with the Gunsaber thought).

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...