Revenant build for open world in PoF

Cadaveris.8153

To add to what Krispera said, Kalla's Fervor is a nice damage bonus for power revenant and hammer rev benefits more from Brutal Momentum than sword/staff power spec so you will pretty much always be criting with good positioning . the only thing that kind of sucks is not having as much access to fury as previously, but that can be worked around with runes and stuff if it's actually a problem.

@Cadaveris.8153 said:I'm kind of excited for Renegade but I don't know if a power revenant with hammer will be more optimal.

Condition builds probably will be more effective in open PvE due:
  • Condition damage utterly ignores any armor the foe has.
  • After the latest patches condition Revenant can stack insanely amounts of torment (which now works more like bleed) and the torment + burn damage output is great.
  • Albeit power Rev has great cleave damage some of the tools He has are better suited for single foes, whereas mace + axe is mostly an AoE game.
  • Conditions let you to land damage and retreat/run in circles staying away from damage; power demands more exposition in order to deliver the damage.

I would start using something like:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmn3geNSuQvJRfoHlsR0kS4G6SJ4EtrklTlJNgDagNpnmy+83nH-j1hBQBa4UCITlg8TfBHV+xQ1fAwTCIH7P8O4A4qW1qryqryZnd2ZndWDY1VXd1VXd1VXdVpAWUZF-w

...And then after having access to Renegade:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXlnvNeNS6JvJRVlLlsrykSYW5RJYssrklTlKNAOgG4vEXxYkNJeipA-j1BmABKq8Dt9HUTfBeq/szTCAAlgAeKBCAgAMzysMnZycmZoDdoDdoDtvLzZOzZOzZOzZOzZWIgFrBA-w

^ Which is more a roaming build but can work wll in PvE with a few changes.

I will be sticking with condition in the open world. Also, I don't run herald much anymore going with something closer to the builds for raids but mixing it up to get more speed. Given in PoF we get mounts early on speed isn't as much of an issue. So this is what I will be using before Renegade is unlocked.

gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmnXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrkFNFpdRgGpdCVit862A-jBiAQBgU5HA1HAR1fAwDAIg7PwhTBABOCA2UJIA-e

The build I will be using after getting renegade is:gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXlnXMfNSumvJRZzHlst5kSY38SJ4burkFUliNJeio4fETxXMNAKgEA-jBiAQBc4EAAQ9B2UJIP2fAiq/AgnAAIV+BtDBQ8gAgJFwqKVVVFA-e

I don't have much problem on pure dps builds and didn't while running around in the open world during the beta and the little time I had in the stress test. Swap out kalla for jalis. The heal is larger and the elite will help reduce the damage you're taking.

Archived