Account Blocked for Security Reasons

.  After 8 years of playing game I suddenly have my account blocked for security reasons.  I have not been on very much lately but did buy new expansion and played a couple hours in Cantha.  I submitted email to ArenaNet and am waiting for a reply.  Any reason why this would happen?  I have never had a problem before.

Most of the times I heard users about this problem coming on was after they used VPN, ping lowering or hosted gaming services. With other words, services that change your IP address. These services are usually not illegal but apparently ANet runs some kind of check that may block your account when you use them. Support can and will usually unban in these cases (if there are no other reasons for the suspension) but as long as ANet runs these scripts, the safest option is to play under your own IP address.

If you want to know the reason in your case you will need to wait for the reply of support tho.

8 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

These services are usually not illegal but apparently ANet runs some kind of check that may block your account when you use them.

Which is ironic considering they have recommended using ExitLag to people who have contacted them about lag issues, myself included.

I was unable to create a new account at one point because they flagged my ISP as being somehow suspicious when it is one of the two major ISPs in Australia. This was before I used ExitLag.