Fix. SAB. Connectivity.

Witch of Steam.5138

It is the ONLY place in the Game I DC anymore. Literally the only place. And for no logical reason . 

It is by far the most frustrating Place to Disconnect. disconnecting in a raid ? That puts stress on your group, But your Progress isn't completely Destroyed. 

Same for strikes. You lose the rewards , but everyone else is Unaffected. 

Disconnecting in a trib run because the game servers became sentient and decided they didn't feel like working ? Boom. Progress gone, Tons of deaths down the toilet, with the only saving grace being that you have no life and can afford the minutes spent getting back to that spot. Only to have a 50% chance of it happenign again because no, the servers did not get a smidge more stable during that time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Not sure what’s causing you to disconnect, but have you tried to repair your launcher? I don’t know if that helps, but I’m no tech savvy person. What I can tell though is I’m not having these issues, and the ppl I play with doesn’t either. Maybe you can get help in the account and technical support section in the forums. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Oof indeed. I'm fairly surprised, I had a good amount of dcs in EoD (especially DE), but not a single crash since last patch. I can imagine the pain tho.

Not really a fix but as a "workaround", tag along with someone as skilled as you are : If you get disconnected, you'll be able to load back to your last checkpoint (provided your team mate doesnt get dc aswell)

• Confused 1

Second disconnect today at the end of a level, right before the boss fight.

Edit: Make that 3 now, at the very same boss, only this time after defeating him and waiting for the warp into the next level. GG. 🤬 At least I received my rewards this time after reconnecting.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1

Never had a problem with this. Also not with story instances where people in the past mentioned problems. In fact GW1 and GW2 are pretty stable to the point that I can leave the game opened for hours - and only get discsonnects for inactivity in maps where this is enabled.

Leads me to believe that it is the players ... and maybe the connection. Maybe certain stuff is delivered for other servers where the "routing" is a problem? (I remember in the beginning of GW2 - when I played 2012/13 or so - we have problems especially in Germany with the provider "Deutsche Telekom" - but there it was for literally every map during prime time. Even though this was a "better" ISP here usually. - by the way. I use this ISP and have never had any problems since my return to GW2 in 2019. Not in story mode instances. Not in SAB.)

They certainly should try to gather data to isolate this problem. Since not every player is affected there must be something that the ones affected have in common - where the problem is related to.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Haha 1

Don't suppose you were monitoring your own connection during the previous disconnects? Your own modem could have been booting you off. For example, about two months ago I started seeing sporadic disconnections from my work vpn, they were really short, only enough to kill the connection but not enough to cause any other chaos. Checked my modem logs and it was freaking out at the same time. It looked like ddos attempts but tbh, I blame my ISP - after I contacted support it magically stopped. Hmmm. Anyway, not meaning to be *that guy* who basically says 'have you tried turning it off and on again?' but for sanity's sake, you could ping -t www.google.com in your command window and carry on playing. Should you suffer a d/c you could immediately check the command window. Glad it appears fixed for you now, hope it stays that way.

5 hours ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Don't suppose you were monitoring your own connection during the previous disconnects? Your own modem could have been booting you off. [...]

No, my internet connection is very stable. Also, had you followed the other threads on the issue, you would know that this has been an issue for many people for several years now -- it's why they introduced story checkpoints with the Icebrood Saga (hence my request to finally do the same for SAB levels). 🙂

On 4/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

No, my internet connection is very stable. Also, had you followed the other threads on the issue, you would know that this has been an issue for many people for several years now -- it's why they introduced story checkpoints with the Icebrood Saga (hence my request to finally do the same for SAB levels). 🙂

There's checkpoints in LS3 too I noticed in the final mission. But no, I don't often follow threads that don't affect me. I just happened over this one and thought it bizarre, because of all the problems I have had with SAB connection issues are mercifully not one of them.