Am I Trapped Out Of 'Trash Collector' Achievement?

I need to get a Spiral Shell for 'Trash Collector' but I have spent hours, maybe even days in-total, killing the crabs in the Gendarren Fields (I was told they drop it) without it dropping.

My magic find is 95%, so I'm wondering if I'm basically locked out of getting it as a junk drop, due to how high my magic find is? I get every OTHER trash item from them. x.x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

Hope it helps! And as usual, wiki is your friend.

The wiki does not list a single mob as dropping it, but does claim seaweed can drop it:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiral_Shell

It also just says 'Spiral Shells are trophies dropped by crabs and karka found in or near the waters of Tyria.'

Nothing mentioning levels, zones, or tiers.

2 minutes ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

The wiki does not list a single mob as dropping it, but does claim seaweed can drop it:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiral_Shell

It also just says 'Spiral Shells are trophies dropped by crabs and karka found in or near the waters of Tyria.'

Nothing mentioning levels, zones, or tiers.

For some reason the drop table starts off minimised, you have to click the option on the right side of the green bar to show it, then it lists all the enemies which can drop it.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

The achievement page specifically suggests crabs near Judgment Rock, try there and see if you have any luck.

I will have to plod my new Necro that way when I next log in.

3 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

For some reason the drop table starts off minimised, you have to click the option on the right side of the green bar to show it, then it lists all the enemies which can drop it.

I completely missed the 'show' button. x.x