Pistol should be MH

Ragebru.1397

I really enjoy the dynamic of the bladesworn, but it doesn't do anything that berserker can't already do. I think there is a legit ground to make Bladesworn a legitimate commander for both openworld and WvW. While I think warrior should have gotten both main and offhand pistol to begin with, I realize (if at any chance) that switching it from OH to MH is far more likely. 

Bladesworn lacks in tagging potential as well, pretty terribly in fact, which makes it hard to take along to effectively participate in metas. With the exception of shouts (which are in no-way limited to Bladesworn), which I personally love and run, bladesworn doesn't really bring anything to the table that sets it apart from other potential commander specs. If pistol were to be given to MH, it could look something along the lines of this:

Skill 1:

Inspiring shot: Fire a round at your target, breaking apart into shrapnel as it hits. Grant might to allies.

Range: 900

Radius of shrapnel:  160

Radius of might: 360

Duration: 5 seconds.

Skill 2: 

Repelling Burst:

Shoot an explosive round into the ground, damaging and crippling nearby foes in a cone. Grant nearby allies with protection. Foes within the threshold are pushed back, and immobilized. 

Range: 600

Range of cone: 360

Explosion

Cripple: 5s

Immobilize/knockback radius: 160

Immobilize duration: 1 sec

Skill 3:

Forward Momentum:

Unload your pistol into the air, raining down pellets on foes- inflicts vulnerability, and grants swiftness to allies. Damage intensifies with duration.

6 barrages; 1 sec interval

Range: 900

Radius: 360

vulnerability is compounded for each additional hit.  5 second duration.

ie. First wave hit applies 1 stack. Hit by two waves, applies 2 additional stacks. Caps out at 3 stacks per hit. 

Swiftness is compounded for each additional hit. Initial swiftness is 5 seconds. 

I'm not nearly as design intuitive as some of the other players who share their thoughts and concepts, but I think there are quite a few of us warrior mains who were really looking for a true "leadership" spec to roll out of EoD. I was really disappointed in the fact that we still just have another "all in" spec. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Don’t even need new skills. Port 4 & 5 to 2 & 3 respectively, then give it a 900 range Auto Attack that explodes when it hits with a small aoe, and use the cyclone trigger projectile animation. Now it’s a solid midrange main hand that, when paired with warrior’s offhand weapons, is most likely a disgusting setup.

• Like 3

We complained that Warrior has no good tagging for years. Nothing happened. 

Meanwhile, some Necros QQed that Scourge doesn't tag enough, so they overbuffed necro so hard, we needed an emergency nerf patch so save Wvw. Which still meant that necro came out with a overall buff. 

• Like 1

Just port 4&5 to 2&3, remove knockback from 4 (or add it to the target, too). And yeah, sure, okay, a 900-range shrapnel shot can work, sure. I imagine the warrior pistol as a large caliber weapon; having it attack pretty slow (when compared to the other pistols), but hit *hard* while inflicting vulnerability, could be nice.

4 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Just port 4&5 to 2&3, remove knockback from 4 (or add it to the target, too). And yeah, sure, okay, a 900-range shrapnel shot can work, sure. I imagine the warrior pistol as a large caliber weapon; having it attack pretty slow (when compared to the other pistols), but hit *hard* while inflicting vulnerability, could be nice.

This^

That and you could use it with warhorn for actually decent midrange support.

Pair it with Axe and then you have a strong damage set.

Pair it with shield and you have a strong defense set.

• Like 1

Why not both? MH more about the dmg and OF about utility. 

I love using rifle in WvW for roaming but I don't find any appealing rifle skin. DW guns could be so much fun.

The game needs a good AoE DW gunslinger and either it could beWarrior with this Elite Spec or Ele with future elite spec. Idm which one is it.

Thief DW guns is limited to 1 target and that sucks and engi.....laughable.

Edited by Howluffu.7259
Typo

16 hours ago, Ragebru.1397 said:

@oscuro.9720It would still lack utility needed for a commander unfortunately. The current abilities, which are nice for their burst, don't really offer decent AoE, or any kind of group benefit.

I mean, it would fit well with bladesworn. If you want a different spec, that’s a different conversation and I definitely glossed over that part of your post, my bad. I’m not of the opinion blade should be significantly reworked or change atm. It’s actually good.
Granted this is all quite unrealistic, so I guess it doesn’t matter 🙂

Also I’d argue the utility on OH pistol is enough for a main hand since it gives a small amount of mobility, sustain, high burst, sustained midrange damage. All other utility can be supplemented for by Warrior’s off hand weapons, which are mostly all Atier off hands (shield, axe, warhorn). 

Edited by oscuro.9720