Adjust the difficulty. Buff old metas.

If we have a new standard for open world meta difficulty there should be an adjustment to old metas like dragon stand and dragon fall to match the new difficulty.  

Just saying the reason people farm these old metas is because they are laughably easy and rewards are fair.

This is not an argument to nerf anything.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 19

Open world needs to be "easy", as it's the content targetting all players, not just the more effective ones.

Dragon's End in its current iteration simply is not fit for Open World.

If you want more difficult or harder content, you should look into Raids, Strike Missions and T4 fractals instead of open world.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

IMO whether DE is actually difficult or simply poorly designed is still up for debate. First we had the RNG issue. That is maybe fixed now? I don't want to waste a few hours just to find out so I will leave that to more adventurous or masochistic people. Then there are multiple mechanics where it is seemingly better to just commit suicide then  respawn rather than do the mechanic ... especially if you have a griffon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NumNums.7935 said:

Dang wish I could react confused to my own post. 

Actually I wish there was a more appropriate reaction to pick. Maybe something like this 👎 is needed for some suggestions.

Edited by Blude.6812
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Open world needs to be "easy", as it's the content targetting all players, not just the more effective ones.

Dragon's End in its current iteration simply is not fit for Open World.

If you want more difficult or harder content, you should look into Raids, Strike Missions and T4 fractals instead of open world.

Open world content doesn't always have to be easy and DE - at least in its current iteration - is fine as is. There should be both difficulty variety and progression in open world content. Some parts of open world content almost feel like some sort of mobile game which you can almost play on autopilot. I don't really think that that's desirable - especially since the developers put great effort into their combat system. In that regard, open world content shouldn't be targetting "all players", but rather "all players who are willing to play the game".

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Open world content doesn't always have to be easy and DE - at least in its current iteration - is fine as is. There should be both difficulty variety and progression in open world content. Some parts of open world content almost feel like some sort of mobile game which you can almost play on autopilot. I don't really think that that's desirable - especially since the developers put great effort into their combat system. In that regard, open world content shouldn't be targetting "all players", but rather "all players who are willing to play the game".

Dragon's End in its current form is nothing other than a bad experience for nearly every player.

The vast majority of players, which are the average players, have a hard time because DE is tuned towards the higher end in addition to suffering from horrible RNG.

Many higher end players are getting frustrated because many players aren't doing "enough" to deal with this over-tuned and badly designed meta.

Also, "all players" is equal to "all players who are willing to play the game". If they didn't want to play, they wouldn't log in.

There are a myriads ways to enjoy and play the game. It's simply disgusting to claim that some people aren't "willing to play the game" simply because their idea of playing the game revolves around not putting in too much effort.

Some people don't want to put in excessive efforts after an already stressful 8+ hours day of work. They want to kick back and enjoy the game to refresh their minds. Open world needs to provide that yet Dragon's End utterly fails to provide that.

Tuning towards the higher end belongs exclusively into organized instanced content, nowhere else.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Dragon's End in its current form is nothing other than a bad experience for nearly every player.

The vast majority of players, which are the average players, have a hard time because DE is tuned towards the higher end in addition to suffering from horrible RNG.

Many higher end players are getting frustrated because many players aren't doing "enough" to deal with this over-tuned and badly designed meta.

Also, "all players" is equal to "all players who are willing to play the game". If they didn't want to play, they wouldn't log in.

There are a myriads ways to enjoy and play the game. It's simply disgusting to claim that some people aren't "willing to play the game" simply because their idea of playing the game revolves around not putting in too much effort.

Some people don't want to put in excessive efforts after an already stressful 8+ hours day of work. They want to kick back and enjoy the game to refresh their minds. Open world needs to provide that yet Dragon's End utterly fails to provide that.

Tuning towards the higher end belongs exclusively into organized instanced content, nowhere else.

I don't think difficulty is the issue.  HoT metas required a huge step up in player coordination at release, and yet people still play it 7 years later.   Triple Trouble was extraordinarily difficult at release and its still done everyday at reset.

DE meta is just broken and badly designed.  The difficulty doesn't feel fair or rewarding.    There are a huge number of metas in the game - having a very few difficult ones does not mean the game is no longer easy, because you still have a large variety of easy ones you can choose to play.

I don't agree that old metas should be buffed though.   People SHOULD have the option to go chill in an easy meta.

Edited by Ruisen.9471
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1