Stealth (PvP and WvW)

Malus.2184

23 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

Being able to Stealth back to back and at will is insanely good in small-scale stuff and  relatively useless in large-scale fights. 

Every organized zerg/guild uses smokefields in large scale fights, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Save your big CCs for when the Thief is revealed.

Which of my one single  CC that has the same or double the CD of a single stun break (on a class that sets multiple stun breaks) would you like me to save?

Edited by Kozumi.5816

3 things I'm scared of as a stealth using thief

1: cc, entangle, dh traps, etc.

2: condition damage, this is due to new unfixed bug of shadows embrace not working or working less often than I expected 

3: decent warriors, I have a few theories as to why but I can't quite place it

Edited by Infinity.2876

1 hour ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Which of my one single  CC that has the same or double the CD of a single stun break (on a class that sets multiple stun breaks) would you like me to save?

Look man, you gotta learn how the game works before complaining about it.

If you're running a build that only has 1x CC, you shouldn't be expecting to kill a Theif to begin with.

Furthermore, if you are a running a build that only has 1x CC in this current meta that is absolutely riddled with 100% perpetual CC cycling, you're doing something very wrong and I highly advise you review your build structure.

The only problematic stealth abuser is DE. That spec needs a nerf because it is even more annyoing than D/P.  And there is not alot counterplay viable against them. Why this spec got a elite who can make away reveal is beyond stupid.

Maybe thats why every SA Member switch to this cheese kitten because it is a joke.

Edited by Leolas.6273
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Leolas.6273 said:

The only problematic stealth abuser is DE. That spec needs a nerf because it is even more annyoing than D/P.  And there is not alot counterplay viable against them. Why this spec got a elite who can make away reveal is beyond stupid.

Maybe thats why every SA Member switch to this cheese kitten because it is a joke.

Does it need a nerf because its annoying or because its overpowered? Because it certainly is not overpowered! I do not remember a single incident where i have died to a solo Deadeye player....

not alot Counterplay? Dear sir, you obviously have never reflected a stealthattack from a Deadeye and almost straight up oneshotted him with that. 😄

The only thing that is bad about Deadeye is the Elite. Removing Revealed really is kind of stupid, but on the other hand stealth is the only thing that deadeye has... If it is revealed by lets say Sicém it is dead 100% without the Elite. So mayyyybe it actually needs it.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Leolas.6273 said:

Basing buffs/nerfs on how subjectively annoying something is... a really good idea. Good forum, smart people, lovely conversation. Big tumbs up!

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Leolas.6273 said:

I got a hate whisper from a DE today because I stood behind a wall as a power zerker and wouldn't let him get a clear shot on me until his shadowstep was on CD. And you won't see them in conquest because if their team weight counterpart is core, DrD or specter, that team practically automatically loses.

It's not that serious. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

Stealth in conquest is mostly annoying as its used to setup bursts you dont see and so evading is not always easy. All other uses are kinda meh.

In wvw roaming its also annoying but IMO has more practical applications. And even there the only stealth problem is stealth and portal players in an objective.

As far as thief goes, only condi thief stealth is kinda kitten, cause steal doesnt reveal the thief and puts condis on you. I fought this glass condi thief that almost never left stealth and still did decent dmg. But the thief was pretty good which is really rare for condi thief so I let that slide.

Edited by Hotride.2187

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Part deaf person here. Can't hear all those quite stealth sounds even with a headset on without other noises becoming too loud for comfort.

Wouldn't mind those sounds just being made louder to be honest. Or just able to see damage floaters when I hit them while they are stealthed.

Understandable.

4 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Understandable.

Eh. Just means thieves are extra hard to fight as a warrior main. Still end up with times were I guessed right and watch a thief come out of stealth in down state.

I still have some epic 1v1s that last forever with some good thieves too, and win or lose I love those fights, but part of me still wonders if the hearing impairment is losing me fights I would otherwise win.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 1:40 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

what.... okey then lets take it serious:

my argument against your idea is that it would be a HUUUUGE nerf to alot of builds and would completly destroy builds like Deadeye. Do you have any form of compensation? or do you just want to straight up kill those builds?

How so? Unless you actually put support down it's just a statement based on intuitive thinking.

Edited by Malus.2184

On 4/5/2022 at 1:49 PM, Grebcol.5984 said:

Every organized zerg/guild uses smokefields in large scale fights, lol.

I already addressed that in a previous post and one example does nothing to counter the general trend even though you think it's the ultimate argument. There are to my knowledge two non-combo AoE stealths, Mesmer thing and Sneak Gyro. They're used ahead of the fight so usage of individual Stealth would have no effect on it other than trolling, and if you really want to do that then a mini does the job a lot better.

Edited by Malus.2184