Hit Level 80

Updated my gear to exotic, started HoT to get gliding, reworked my build, went back and crushed my enemies who annoyed me at a lower level, finished up some world exploration before continuing to HoT.  And congratulations on level 80 Otto!!!  Whatever you do, there is no wrong answer

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I started playing Super Adventure Box because it had just come out. 😄

Level 80 is the point where GW2 really opens up. You can basically go anywhere and do anything at that point. There's very little you have to do to progress and most of what is there is area specific (like getting agony resistance for higher tier Fractals, or training masteries to move around the expansions more easily) so what you focus on is up to you.

I recommend getting a set of level 80 exotic armour and weapons and ascended trinkets with matching stats, plus the runes and sigils to upgrade the armour and weapons because then you'll be pretty much done with gear progression. It is possible to upgrade it to full ascended or legendary (the stats are the same on those two, but legendaries are account wide and have unique skins) but that's not required, it's only a slight increase in stats and it's much more expensive and/or time consuming so it's more of an optional long-term goal.

Which stats to choose depend on your build (people on this forum can help if you're not sure what to choose) and you can get exotics from a number of places including the Trading Post, crafting, dungeons, WvW and other unique vendors and collections. You might have some level 80 exotics already. Ascended trinkets are most easily obtained from the laurel vendors, but they only have 3-stat combinations, not the newer 4-stat ones from expansions. If you want those you'll need to get ascended trinkets from Living World season 3 and 4 maps.

In terms of what to play it's really up to you. If there's something you've been enjoying doing you can carry on with it, if there's something you've been looking forward to being able to do you can go and do that now. Or try a bit of everything and see what you like doing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Orr still has vendors that sell exotics for karma if you need them.

But you'll have to start thinking a little about your character build when you move to HoT.  It's a pretty big difficulty spike.  Most people walk in and die to pocket Raptors almost immediately when they run down the hill.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Elite Specializations.  They take 250 hero points to fully unlock, but, expansion hero challenges give you 10 hero points per versus 1 point per in central Tyria, so unlocking them is not nearly as daunting as it sounds.  I still see HP trains almost nightly in HoT, I'm sure they are as frequent in PoF too.  EoD is going to take a bit longer to get setup and as frequent, in my estimation, but, that's just because it is new. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I cannot remember for sure what I did with my first level 80 character. I knew I was doing some of the story as the new ones came out and somewhere I think I either took a break or was not quite level 80 when the first living world came up. I remember playing Lion's Arch when it was the older map and then the newer map. I remember monthlies and those always confused me but now I try and do my dailies most days unless my schedule does not allow it.

Anyways, I know I was working on map completion (I'm now almost done with my third and fourth ones) and completing story on one of the characters and doing dailies. Now it is unlocking Elite Specs as needed and getting ascended trinkets* as needed. And exotic gear. 

* I move my trinkets around via my bank and can go to the guild hall to access or if you have another teleport area for bank access. So I've got my Berserker set for power and the Viper's for condi. Some characters keep their own set of another random stat. Or my main has had her own Berserker trinkets so my account should have two full sets of those. 😂

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Orr still has vendors that sell exotics for karma if you need them.

But you'll have to start thinking a little about your character build when you move to HoT.  It's a pretty big difficulty spike.  Most people walk in and die to pocket Raptors almost immediately when they run down the hill.

NOTE: DO NOT PUT EXPENSIVE RUNES IN THAT ARMOR! IT IS NOT SALVAGABLE! But for cheap berserker on eagle/pack runes? Sure.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

You could work on learning about new professions or checking out different playstyles or something. Mabey do some comparisons on what you like about the game and other games. I mean from what I can tell the game is a lot different than games like WoW where WoW is based on like 15 minute completions that lead to like anywhere from 1-12 week completions. So, it depends on how our reward system is tuned and what you're willing to do both inside and outside of the game in order to  maximize your in game experience.

• Sad 1

On 4/5/2022 at 11:58 AM, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

Elite Specializations.  They take 250 hero points to fully unlock, but, expansion hero challenges give you 10 hero points per versus 1 point per in central Tyria, so unlocking them is not nearly as daunting as it sounds.  I still see HP trains almost nightly in HoT, I'm sure they are as frequent in PoF too.  EoD is going to take a bit longer to get setup and as frequent, in my estimation, but, that's just because it is new. 

These are highly motivating. If you do not care about story spoilers, do a tiny bit of HoT for gliding, then a moderate amount of PoF for raptor + springer. With these you can join a hero point train starting in Verdant Brink (for hot) or Crystal Oasis (pof) that will get you a full set of hero points in a couple hours. Some teleport to friend are also helpful to avoid frustration, though.

Also, it doesn't matter WHERE you earn the hero points, you can spend them on any elite spec.

• Sad 1