How to fix the Bladesworn clunkyness regarding keybinds

ori.5829

Since the keybinds with weaponswap and not being able to swap weapons therefore losing a weaponset in combat, this could be the easiest solution:

1. Bladesworn allows to use two greatswords at once (turns GS into a 1H weapon for this spec only) 
  2. greatsword can only be equiped offhand, if GS is also equiped in mainhand. No other weapon can be used offhand, if mainhand is GS. So the only possible pairing is GS+GS
  3. if 2x GS is used, the Bladesworn weapon skills are available, if only one GS is used, regular GS skills.

This allows the normal weapon swap whilst having the same Weapon skills as the current Bladesworn. All you lose is the ability to swap to another weapon set out of combat. But you regain the normal weapon swap. This removes the "kit-feeling", and makes Bladesworn more like a proper BLADEsworn. 

• Confused 3

Arenanet simply needs to enable weapon swap in combat.

Considering that other professions/specializations with similar mechanics to the not-a-sabre still have access to weapon swap (or kits for Holosmith), there is no valid reason for Warrior to be locked out of it.

Edited by Fueki.4753

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No, balance in it's proper sense does not apply,  but "bAlAnCe" does.

Also, FB should either lose weapon swap, or only get to pick one tome.

Or actual resource management for the pages, same goes for Holo , the heat mechanic is a non mechanic it might as well be just cd and no one will notice the difference. 

19 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Given that Firebrand has all three tomes and weapon swap, bAlAnCe objectively doesn't exist.

Don't forget how strong code guard traits, skills and utilities are. FB tomes are just the topping.

War doesn't just have few availabe actions at a time. The choices for your traits, weapons, skills, utils are mostly set in stone.

I have 3 build slots and 4 equipment slots. On my war, like 80% is the same. On my guard neither gear stats, nor weapons, nor traits are shared between slots... Just 1-2 skills/utils.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in what guardian mains say about balance they've been turned into spoiled brats by Anet balance/profession design.

Yep. "Eight condi cleanses isn't that much, and you never need that many, and five seconds of projectile reflect is not that strong because the uptime isn't even 50%"
Just spoiled golden child muttering. Is entertaining.

1 minute ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Yep. "Eight condi cleanses isn't that much, and you never need that many, and five seconds of projectile reflect is not that strong because the uptime isn't even 50%"
Just spoiled golden child muttering. Is entertaining.

Also not taking into account that Guards can have 100% uptime of projectile block.

On 4/5/2022 at 11:16 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Or just a UI interface change where weapon set two is filled in with the gunsaber, and then let us put sigils into it.

Definitely needs to allow us to have the second sigil set. Big No on the weapon set two being auto-filled with the Gunsaber. I don't know about anyone else but I'm still swapping weapons out of combat on BsW in case I'm needing a different set of tools. 

I'm definitely annoyed by how the keybinds work on BsW at times in combat, but I don't have a suggestion for how to fix it. I just know I want to keep my second weapon set. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Sounds like a job for Major Adept Trait! Each gets one effect that basically replicates a sigil and is active when you're on gunblade. Sigil of Blood? Take River's Flow! Bam! Done!
No replacements, BTW. This effect is just straight up bolted onto the trait. Lord knows Gunblade needs it.

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Definitely needs to allow us to have the second sigil set. Big No on the weapon set two being auto-filled with the Gunsaber. I don't know about anyone else but I'm still swapping weapons out of combat on BsW in case I'm needing a different set of tools. 

I'm definitely annoyed by how the keybinds work on BsW at times in combat, but I don't have a suggestion for how to fix it. I just know I want to keep my second weapon set. 

For open world testing I've got axe/pistol on one set and then axe/- for the other and the set with just axe has a stacking sigil so I get some benefit from it even though I can't swap to it (took a page from the ele/engi playbook). On the putting sigils in your GS I'm not sure Anet's equipment system would support that, and they'd have to do it for all the engi kits and possibly ele summons. And for engis if you gave them that would you give them a sigil for each kit or just a section that says any summon/bundle/kit uses these sigils? I think that would just be overly complicated.

Edited by Red Haired Savage.5430

1 hour ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

For open world testing I've got axe/pistol on one set and then axe/- for the other and the set with just axe has a stacking sigil so I get some benefit from it even though I can't swap to it (took a page from the ele/engi playbook). On the putting sigils in your GS I'm not sure Anet's equipment system would support that, and they'd have to do it for all the engi kits and possibly ele summons. And for engis if you gave them that would you give them a sigil for each kit or just a section that says any summon/bundle/kit uses these sigils? I think that would just be overly complicated.

Yeah I don't know what Anet would have to change and how to get a 2nd sigil set working for Gunsaber. I don't really care. As far as I'm concerned, if you have a second weapon to swap to, you get a second set of sigils. If you don't, then there is a design deficiency that should be addressed somehow. 

41 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yeah I don't know what Anet would have to change and how to get a 2nd sigil set working for Gunsaber. I don't really care. As far as I'm concerned, if you have a second weapon to swap to, you get a second set of sigils. If you don't, then there is a design deficiency that should be addressed somehow. 

But you can already get some of the benefit from running a stacking sigil. Plus with the gunblade you're technically swapping weapons often so those are pretty great choices still.

7 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in what guardian mains say about balance they've been turned into spoiled brats by Anet balance/profession design.

It must be great 😆. I tried guardian recently after many years of playing gw2 and its crazy how well made the class is. Warrior is the step child of GW2.

• Sad 1

How I fixed Bladesworn using existing in-game methods:

I keybound F1 Gunsaber to the default weaponswap "~" key (we don't a "weaponswap" button anymore anyway)

I keybound F2 Dragon Tigger to my mouse m3 (I usually reserve this key for skills you need to spam, considering changing it to 5 so I can teleport quicker in Dragon Trigger mode)

All of my other keybinds are the same.

I'd be interested to see how other warrior players have tried setting up their Bladesworn.

Edited by Westenev.5289

On 4/7/2022 at 11:06 PM, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

It must be great 😆. I tried guardian recently after many years of playing gw2 and its crazy how well made the class is. Warrior is the step child of GW2.

Its not well made honestly, its just vomit design. You just have everything and can fit any role without almost any effort.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1