Thousand Seas Pavillion

Just now, notebene.3190 said:

Does it have the 'auto return' feature that the Mists has?

Yes.
Plus, all the basic amenities are on the same floor.  It's a circular platform with all the stations in easy view and the fountain in the middle.  The Mystic Fountain begs to be jumped into.  Its a fun addition.

Edited by Kitty La Boom Boom.4065
adding
  • Thanks 2

The fishing supplies vendor in the Thousand Seas Pavilion has an extremely limited stock. He does not sell either of the advanced fishing lures (amber, jade) and his bait supplies are extremely disappointing. For 1000 gems, I would have hoped to find a richer fishing merchant. Is the poor quality of this chap's stock intentional?

Additionally, it seems like this map exists in its own demiplane so you cannot access the rest of Tyria by opening the in-game map, unlike the Mistlock Sanctuary. Is this also intentional? It feels pretty bad to lose the map functionality like this. Again, for 1000 gems I would have hoped for more convenience.

Edited by Moose.3491
hopefully fixing darkmode formatting
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Moose.3491 said:

The fishing supplies vendor in the Thousand Seas Pavillion has an extremely limited stock. He does not sell either of the advanced fishing lures (amber, jade) and his bait supplies are extremely disappointing. For 1000 gems, I would have hoped to find a richer fishing merchant. Is the poor quality of this chap's stock intentional?

FYI, your post is impossible to read on the forum's dark mode.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Moose.3491 said:

it seems like this map exists in its own demiplane

It actually doesn't, it's in the upper left corner of the world map (even above what is currently accessible through scrolling).

Edited by Tails.9372

7 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

It actually doesn't, it's in the upper left corner of the world map (even above what is currently accessible through scrolling).

So you're saying there is a way to access the world map from the Pavilion? The lack of world map access is the point I'm making.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Moose.3491 said:

Additionally, it seems like this map exists in its own demiplane so you cannot access the rest of Tyria by opening the in-game map, unlike the Mistlock Sanctuary. Is this also intentional? It feels pretty bad to lose the map functionality like this. Again, for 1000 gems I would have hoped for more convenience.

Although I do like this lounge, the inability to layer down to go to any particular waypoint does make it less attractive.

...for those who enjoy the ultimate convenience.

Not really, is it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Too bad there's no way to trade in another pass for a discounted cost.

I normally try to ignore the confused emojis, but just in case my short post really is confusing:

I don't see the need to personally have more than one lounge pass. Yet ArenaNet keeps making them, and some have little QoL improvements over others. I really can't justify spending that much to get another one just for a few improvements over the one I already have.

So it would be nice if I could some how turn in mine and get the new one cheaper than full price. ArenaNet would still make more money than they did off my initial purchase, but I wouldn't feel like I'm dishing out the full cost of a pass just to add a jade workbench and a nice beach to my lounge features.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I normally try to ignore the confused emojis, but just in case my short post really is confusing:

I don't see the need to personally have more than one lounge pass. Yet ArenaNet keeps making them, and some have little QoL improvements over others. I really can't justify spending that much to get another one just for a few improvements over the one I already have.

So it would be nice if I could some how turn in mine and get the new one cheaper than full price. ArenaNet would still make more money than they did off my initial purchase, but I wouldn't feel like I'm dishing out the full cost of a pass just to add a jade workbench and a nice beach to my lounge features.

Yeah I have Mistlock and Verdent Brink ones and they'll be pretty much a waste of inventory space forever and I'd likely refund them if possible, Fractal Portal isnt a big deal to me; I just liked the return to previous location. I already never used Verdent Brink one anymore outside of a very very rare occasion I make a new character and want to teleport them to silverwaste quickly. It'd be nice to be able to store them in their own UI. (and not an awful one like novelties's)

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2

Sounds like we cannot access the world map to WP out from the Pavilion?  I remember when the Mistlock Sanctuary was first introduced, it had that limitation too, but they soon fixed that so you could select a map layer and then WP out from there.  Fingers crossed they'll add that functionality for the Pavilion very soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moose.3491 said:

The fishing supplies vendor in the Thousand Seas Pavilion has an extremely limited stock. He does not sell either of the advanced fishing lures (amber, jade) and his bait supplies are extremely disappointing. For 1000 gems, I would have hoped to find a richer fishing merchant. Is the poor quality of this chap's stock intentional?

Oh. Thank you for that, dodged a bullet. I thought the whole point of this was convenience for fishing.

If the fishing merchant doesn’t have the same level as Arborstone’s (with max masteries), then it’s a waste.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From the video, thank you Rat, I can see that it is a convenient and beautiful place. I already have 4 lounge passes, is there a reason I should get this one too? I see people in swimsuits on the beaches. Give us a swim wear outfit and i will definitely buy the pass and hang out there during afk time. Otherwise, I'll pass.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 5