Thousand Seas Pavillion

This lounge is gorgeous. I love the look of the island and the layout. Being able to travel to any region is also extremely useful.

However, while I love the concept behind this lounge, the fishing vendors are identical to the ones you can find in Kaineng. I find that rather disappointing and not particularly useful. To obtain good lures (jade or amber) and to access all of the possible bait types, I still have to head to Cantha and then visit multiple maps.

I completely understand not placing strike merchants in the lounge or other features that are unique to Arborstone. But limiting the fishing vendors the way they're currently limited doesn't make much sense to me. Adding the ability to buy all possible types of lures and bait would be a large improvement and would make this worthwhile.

Right now, though, it lacks the convenience I was hoping for, and I find that disappointing. Armistice Bastion and Mistlock Sanctuary offer all of the WvW and fractal vendors, respectively, that those modes offer. I'd love to see the same thing with this one except with fishing and other Canthan related merchants. Having access to the world map like Mistlock Sanctuary currently does would also be a huge plus.

Edited by Zedd.8239
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The mysterious fishing holes were the selling point for me... I can leisurely fish here and knock off fish on the various Avid collections without having to go to the various maps.    Just wish the fish vendors sold the decent lures without having to map to Arborstone or the Jade sea.    All that said, if you have no interest in fishing at all.. then this lounge wont be worth the gems at all compared to the other lounges.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, neighto.7386 said:

The mysterious fishing holes were the selling point for me... I can leisurely fish here and knock off fish on the various Avid collections without having to go to the various maps.    Just wish the fish vendors sold the decent lures without having to map to Arborstone or the Jade sea.    All that said, if you have no interest in fishing at all.. then this lounge wont be worth the gems at all compared to the other lounges.  

So do they work like wild card fishing holes, with a chance for every kind of fish?

The lure and bait thing seems to be an oversight according to devs in game when ppl were checking out the new lounge. Possibly added in a future update.

The fishing map access is a massive QoL for ppl who often make new characters imo. Access to 4 maps for each region (Ascalon, Kryta, Orr, etc) in core Tyria, and maps in PoF and Cantha.

Crafting tables, mystic forge, TP and merchants are all close by in the same area.

I personally think it can contend with Mistlock in some areas if you're not particularly interested in fractals.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

So do they work like wild card fishing holes, with a chance for every kind of fish?

doesn't seem to include ascended or legendary fish, at least so far... still useful for getting the lesser fish as well as Salt water/World Class achiev fish

• Like 3

I was hoping that they'd sell "Tips on fishing (fishing power buff)" and basic fishing rod at the merchant, turns out that they're only basic merchant.

I agree that they should have more lure & bait there aswell, since it's a VIP area, there should be an incentive to go there instead of aborstone.

Edited by Blueberry.8095
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like the new pavillion - fishlock sanctuary. So many good options and really cool set up. My one complaint so far is the fishing supply vendors do not sell +100 Lures, only +75 and 50. So I guess you still have to go to Arborstone and other Canthan suppliers for the good stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

From the video, thank you Rat, I can see that it is a convenient and beautiful place. I already have 4 lounge passes, is there a reason I should get this one too? I see people in swimsuits on the beaches. Give us a swim wear outfit and i will definitely buy the pass and hang out there during afk time. Otherwise, I'll pass.

The fishing is excellent.  I hit 99 stacks for the first time, no hostile mobs were around, and I progressed in saltwater and world class fishing.  It also has a jade bench right by zone-in, jumping into the mystic forge transforms you, and supposedly there's a portal to other fishing holes though I didn't test it because I was building stacks.

Unlike that small beach in Southsun you do not get put into a swimsuit (ie underwear) just by walking into the area.  I didn't spot a changing booth like in the Zephyrite festival but I could have missed it.  So it's a number of scantily clad npcs and then fully armored players.

One thing you could do -- with the understanding that it could burn gems unnecessarily -- is get the 2 week pass to try it out.  That's just 150 gems.  If you realize you love it enough to add it, then it's another 1K gems and the 150 is sort of wasted.  If you don't, you're only out 150.  Or ask someone who has the pass to sharestream it on Discord or some such while you tell them where you want to see things.

I've avoided a lot of the lounges because they take up too much inventory space.  I primarily use the Reach pavilion as I like still being in the general open world, but it lacks some amenities such as an activity npc.  Crystal Oasis I only use as a portal tome and a quick way to do a daily activity.  Airship I haven't touched in years, it's too camera-cramped, and I regret buying it.  I've shoehorned in Arborstone, I keep my Spearmarshall Plea as a quick way to unlock all the PoF maps, but much as I would love more lounge passes I won't buy them without a passbook to hold them all like the LS tomes.  The ones I have are too many slots as it is.  So I definitely understand your hesitation on this one -- but it's really a wonderful one, really well designed for utility and fun, and I'm glad I was able to force room for it after years of not buying passes.  It has one convenience the others I own lack and I will have to remember to use:  it lets you go back to wherever you were when you accessed it, with the normal constraints of not returning to an instance or a full map, of course.

1 hour ago, melon.2538 said:

Does fishing there count to region fishing achievement?

I progressed avid Kaineng, avid Seitung, saltwater, and world class achieves while there.  I did not get any fish for other zones that I recall, in 99 fish caught, and nothing above exotic.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

I progressed avid Kaineng, avid Seitung, saltwater, and world class achieves while there.  I did not get any fish for other zones that I recall, in 99 fish caught, and nothing above exotic.

Thanks! I hope there will be a rotation for zones, it will be extremely convenient.

7 hours ago, Zedd.8239 said:

This lounge is gorgeous. I love the look of the island and the layout. Being able to travel to any region is also extremely useful.

However, while I love the concept behind this lounge, the fishing vendors are identical to the ones you can find in Kaineng. I find that rather disappointing and not particularly useful. To obtain good lures (jade or amber) and to access all of the possible bait types, I still have to head to Cantha and then visit multiple maps.

I completely understand not placing strike merchants in the lounge or other features that are unique to Arborstone. But limiting the fishing vendors the way they're currently limited doesn't make much sense to me. Adding the ability to buy all possible types of lures and bait would be a large improvement and would make this worthwhile.

Right now, though, it lacks the convenience I was hoping for, and I find that disappointing. Armistice Bastion and Mistlock Sanctuary offer all of the WvW and fractal vendors, respectively, that those modes offer. I'd love to see the same thing with this one except with fishing and other Canthan related merchants. Having access to the world map like Mistlock Sanctuary currently does would also be a huge plus.

Seconding this. I got the pass out of curiosity. +100 Lures and a wider selection of bait would be enough to make this a worthwhile map for fishers.

12 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Outside the jade bot bench and the fishing spots, what does this lounge offers than the Armstice Bastion doesn't?

The ability to use mounts.  The positioning of everything even closer together (all the crafting stations surround the mystic forge, and the bank and trading post are right there, and a second portal that takes you to more locations, directly to fishing spots in the open world, including each zone of Orr, Sandswept Islands, Draconis Mons and Ember Bay and many of the zones you can't get to with other passes.  Want to go directly to Mount Maelstrom or Sparkfly. No problem here.

The only things the mistlock gives you over this are the ability to access the world map and the fractal entrance.  I have a mistlock and still bought this, but I'm likely to only use the mistlock as a portal to the fractals or fractal vendors right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other benefits:

Aside from the fishers, I suppose this could satisfy those that like to RP. Saw some people having tea and doing some RP.

Unlike Mistlock and Armistice, we can use all our mounts. Those wanting to take mount screenshots without being bothered by mobs will like it here.

On that note, fishing for ~4 collections without mobs bothering you is a minor plus.

The teleports to select fishing areas would benefit alts without map completion.

In some of my raiding and fractal guilds/discords, other people have mentioned practicing their underwater rotations on the golem.

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Outside the jade bot bench and the fishing spots, what does this lounge offers than the Armstice Bastion doesn't?

There are underwater training golems in Fishy Bastion. If this is not just a useless gimmick, it means that season 6 will probably have underwater combat. I think I will still wait with selling my swim speed infusions.

All of you peaked my curiosity, so I bought it.  Have to say it's beautiful!  I like the grouping of everything...could improve the fishing vendors of course.  I'd like to be able to at least see the map of Cantha when I hit M.  Think that's my only negative, as I would like to use it as a additional easy access WP besides Arborstone so when I log off, the next day I don't have to go from there to Arborstone to somewhere else...lazy player lol.  Well done though, I really like it!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

The ability to use mounts.  The positioning of everything even closer together (all the crafting stations surround the mystic forge, and the bank and trading post are right there, and a second portal that takes you to more locations, directly to fishing spots in the open world, including each zone of Orr, Sandswept Islands, Draconis Mons and Ember Bay and many of the zones you can't get to with other passes.  Want to go directly to Mount Maelstrom or Sparkfly. No problem here.

The only things the mistlock gives you over this are the ability to access the world map and the fractal entrance.  I have a mistlock and still bought this, but I'm likely to only use the mistlock as a portal to the fractals or fractal vendors right now.

The poster you quoted didn't ask about mistlock, they asked about Armistice Bastion.

Which also has crafting stations around the Mystic forge, and also has teleports to each zone, not that they're far.

From what I understand, the new vip area just has fishing. And judging from the video i found of it, I'll be sticking to Armistice Bastion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1