Thousand Seas Pavillion

6 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

There are some missed opportunities, as noted above, but for the most part, I like it.

However, can we PLEASE get a book for all these passes?

That would be awesome! I collect all these passes for fun, but they can’t all fit in our (max) Shared Inventory slots. Given the lack of space, it reduces the value if the rest of the passes are stuck on one character and the others don’t have easy access.

(My only concern is dealing with the way GW2 has us choose from text, like in our teleport tomes. It’s very clunky, not a joy without the icons, and limited in text choices so we’d need to turn a page.) The teleport scrolls (and LFG) could really use an interface upgrade.

• Like 2

I realized last night you can use the giant portal in the water to teleport to locations across the world such as Elona and Cantha Xpan zones. This makes it an absolutly massive QoL item for getting Waypoints on alts for places the season tomes wont take you to.  Really big selling point to me.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Thanks 3

The Thousand Seas Pavilion is so nice. I really like the aesthetics, the placement of the crafting stations and merchants, and the zip lines to the other parts of the island. One (very small) thing that I didn't like about the Mistlock Sanctuary was that you'd be facing a random direction each time you entered. That's not a huge deal, but when I want to get in and out quickly, having muscle memory to quickly move my character the same direction is a nice thing.  With Mistlock Sanctuary I had to visually orient myself which direction I was facing.  With Thousand Seas Pavilion, when I enter I'm always facing the same expected direction.  Nice!

I have two issues with the Thousand Seas Pavilion that I really feel need to be updated to make it the truly convenient item I think it was intended to be.

1. The fishing vendor needs to sell all baits/lures we could buy from vendors at other places like Arborstone
  2. The Thousand Seas Pavilion should be part of the world map, specifically in Cantha - being able to use the Thousand Seas Pavilion as a quick way to get to Cantha would be wonderful - as an example, if I'm in northern Tyria and I want to get to Seitung Province, I could pay a high WP cost to go directly there, but more likely what I'd do is portal scroll to Arborstone, and then pay a smaller WP cost to go to Seitung Province - but what I'd much rather do is use the Thousand Seas Pavilion pass to get to Cantha and then pay that smaller WP cost to go to Seitung Province.  Please bring the Thousand Seas Pavilion out of the Mists and into Cantha.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The lounge is really beautiful. The little cave with the blue light is such a nice place to relax and fish. It was fun to fly around with griffon as well.

They should add more fishing supplies and bait though. That’s my only issue with it. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 12:06 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes, PLEASE! 🥰

And: Old Lion's Arch Pass next! 😃

I really hope the re-release of Season 1 will also bring old Lion's Arch back, because the return of Season 1 is the perfect time for bringing old Lion's Arch back and new players will experience how Lion's Arch formerly was and not just only in the story instances.

For me, I always wanted to see old Lion's Arch in it's whole glory. New Lion's Arch is okay but looks too generic in my opinion.

But we will see if this really happend, we can only hope. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Someone mentioned they heard a dev saying in map chat that the fishing vendor would likely be updated.  Curious has anyone heard similar chatter that there may be plans to bring the Thousand Seas Pavilion into Cantha and give it world map access?  Having access to the world map from the pavilion is something I'm really hoping will be implemented soon.  Having to portal to Arborstone first to get to Cantha is an annoyance I think pavilion pass owners shouldn't need to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this was rezzed a bit, but I bought this as my first and only pass with the last sale and saw some cute things I didn't see mentioned.  In one section of the map there is a small shrine with a cat, and there is a jackal kitsune shrine guardian that hangs around there as an npc.  It lounges in front of the shrine and every so often will get up and walk down the hill to the cliffside to lay there instead and look over the ocean.  There is also a small beach section out of the way under a bit of rock outcropping with two giant fish pulled up onto the beach and a cat there enjoying the spoils.

Just some super charming little details.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Orion Templar.4589 said:

I'd like to see them consider adding the Jade Tech Offensive and Defensive protocol stations to the thousand seas pavilion.  That would be useful for topping off on those before heading out to various PvE maps.

I would be happy if they would prevent those buffs from being removed when you enter a pavilion.  At least, that's what happens with Mistlock.  They need to revise how you access and keep those buffs in general imo.

• Like 1