Bring back the bubble pre nerf

There is no excuse at all for nerfing the bubble like that as it was balanced enough and player skill driven in terms of applying and evading it.

What anet has done right now is remove the only tool for smaller groups to have a proper fighting chance vs bigger enemy groups. Blob busting as a guild raid isnt possible at all anymore unless theyre very bad enemies.

Additionally the aegis mantra nerf aka aegis removal has made certain that more spike damage will land from now on, thus skyrocketing the need of having more spike classes in the squad composition. Meaning even more dominance to groups of people with bigger numbers,

Edited by Arctisavange.7261
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

I'm curious as to what a small group is suppose to do if said big group also has bubbles? I keep seeing this brought up but the only reason the small group is blob busting is because the enemy group is bad. The bubble is irrelevant to the equation. If you drop a bubble on a bigger group and they don't drop more bubbles on you in response that's how that works. You didn't blob bust because of the bubble you blob busted because the enemy didn't bubble you back.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, God.2708 said:

I'm curious as to what a small group is suppose to do if said big group also has bubbles? I keep seeing this brought up but the only reason the small group is blob busting is because the enemy group is bad. The bubble is irrelevant to the equation. If you drop a bubble on a bigger group and they don't drop more bubbles on you in response that's how that works. You didn't blob bust because of the bubble you blob busted because the enemy didn't bubble you back.

I see youre definetly not an EU player who hasnt played in any decent guilds just by reading your comment.
The entire game mode is about applying and evading, thats it. That sentence alone i wrote makes everything you replied irrelevant.

What bubble brought onto the table was a tool to stop bigger enemies from just straight on W pushing smaller organized groups. Why? Cause bubble is a death zone where boons couldnt be applied. That was literally the only roadblock to make booned up people 100% vulnerable. Without out any road blocks now its pretty mindless just push with bigger numbers and easy win.

I also mentioned in the beginning that bubble is player skill driven in terms of applying and evading it which you did not read, making most of your reply irrelevant again.

Literally noone asked for the bubble nerf, same goes with mantra nerf.

Edited by Arctisavange.7261
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Arctisavange.7261 said:

I see youre definetly not an EU player who hasnt played in any decent guilds just by reading your comment.
The entire game mode is about applying and evading, thats it. That sentence alone i wrote makes everything you replied irrelevant.

What bubble brought onto the table was a tool to stop bigger enemies from just straight on W pushing smaller organized groups. Why? Cause bubble is a death zone where boons couldnt be applied. That was literally the only roadblock to make booned up people 100% vulnerable. Without out any road blocks now its pretty mindless just push with bigger numbers and easy win.

I also mentioned in the beginning that bubble is player skill driven in terms of applying and evading it which you did not read, making most of your reply irrelevant again.

In the other topic I posted a video of EU groups W-keying onto groups and dropping bubbles and killing them. You dropping bubbles doesn't stop anyone from W-keying onto you unless they are dumb or bad. 2 bubbles is no boons for 10 people. That's 20-40 other people free to drop their bubbles and damage onto you.

I have been in, led, and followed guilds of various sizes on both NA and EU (Though yes mostly NA). What you are describing in not reality in any shape or form.

Edited by God.2708
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

The game was obviously designed for 50v50 fighting, if you're fighting below those numbers, you need to sit in spawn and recruit until you get 50!

It's a numbers game, not a bubbles game!

They should remove well of corruption and null field, they have no place in the game either!

BoOns 4 lyfe!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Oh dear lord you clearly have no idea what was the purpose of the bubble and what impact it made.
I would advise not to play in trash NA and come to EU to learn how the game works cause clearly what youre typing makes NA look like a joke.

Do you push into a bubble? No!
Do you ress people who die in a bubble? No!
Does going around a bubble give enough time for a smaller group to start refreshing their skill cooldowns? Yes!
Can you refresh your cooldowns if there is no roadblock like a bubble stopping enemies? No!
Can a bubble be effectively used in tight spaces, specially where moving around it isnt possible and pushing forward can be suicidal? Yes.
Christ there are so many obvious examples i can bring out on how effective the bubble was.

Honestly its pointless to look into this forums as majority avoid it due to clueless people typing about something they have 0 idea about. This would also make sense why anet makes horrible balance patches if people like you give feedback and try to greenlight any change devs make, even the bad ones.

Im outta here, nothing has changed here even after 5 years of not checking the forums. And YES only minority of the people express their voice here, sadly mostly the ones who plain suck at the game.

I dare for once for any anet employee just join any random WvW discord server, hop in a voice channel where 50 people are going for fights and youll get reality check of what people are happy and unhappy with. Dont use this trash forums as a source of feedback as it hasnt worked ever and never will.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

The game was obviously designed for 50v50 fighting, if you're fighting below those numbers, you need to sit in spawn and recruit until you get 50!

They should remove well of corruption and null field, they have no place in the game either!

BoOns 4 lyfe!

Ill just throw a super short footage of a guild that always raided with 25-30 and took on map blobs of 50-60. And yes its just a tiny preview amongst with far more many vids on youtube where even better enemies can be found. They quit the game cause it got too boring, most started avoiding fighting them and cause it became to stagnated/bad in terms of balancing. Bai

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Arctisavange.7261 said:

Oh dear lord you clearly have no idea what was the purpose of the bubble and what impact it made.
I would advise not to play in trash NA and come to EU to learn how the game works cause clearly what youre typing makes NA look like a joke.

Do you push into a bubble? No!
Do you ress people who die in a bubble? No!
Does going around a bubble give enough time for a smaller group to start refreshing their skill cooldowns? Yes!
Can you refresh your cooldowns if there is no roadblock like a bubble stopping enemies? No!
Can a bubble be effectively used in tight spaces, specially where moving around it isnt possible and pushing forward can be suicidal? Yes.
Christ there are so many obvious examples i can bring out on how effective the bubble was.

Honestly its pointless to look into this forums as majority avoid it due to clueless people typing about something they have 0 idea about. This would also make sense why anet makes horrible balance patches if people like you give feedback and try to greenlight any change devs make, even the bad ones.

Im outta here, nothing has changed here even after 5 years of not checking the forums. And YES only minority of the people express their voice here, sadly mostly the ones who plain suck at the game.

I dare for once for any anet employee just join any random WvW discord server, hop in a voice channel where 50 people are going for fights and youll get reality check of what people are happy and unhappy with. Dont use this trash forums as a source of feedback as it hasnt worked ever and never will.

https://youtu.be/63x4PRXPVNA?t=67

Are you sure you're the one who knows what they are talking about?

Are you absolutely sure?

Because it took me all of 15s to find a counterpoint on youtube of players I am almost certain are better than you.

Edit: And then you link me a video where the things you are describing don't even happen at a point in the game where bubbles worked mechanically different and the game was just about stacking as many scourges as possible anyway.

Edited by God.2708
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

First Anet release the spellbreaker with a powerful bubble that quickly became part of the zerg meta with commanders calling for them.

Then they nerfed it to oblivion years ago to the point zergs barely if ever use it anymore, its all scrapper bubbles instead.

Now they nerf it again and people are begging Anet to get the already nerfed to oblivion bubble back again because it was so critical to zerging.

Honestly, I think its hilarious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, God.2708 said:

The permaboon blobs aren't running spellbreakers, at all.  They have multiple scrapper, revs and firebrands, and maybe in a 50 man 1 spellbreaker.  And no matter how many boons you strip from them, they stay at perma every boon and nearly max time on them.  Bubble was the only thing that made a dent in that.  The nerf to bubble is solely about preventing defense.  Every nerf Anet makes is about stopping people from defending.  Because Anet thinks ktrains are the ideal gameplay.  But, it is hurting the game mode.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Arctisavange.7261 said:

Ill just throw a super short footage of a guild that always raided with 25-30 and took on map blobs of 50-60. And yes its just a tiny preview amongst with far more many vids on youtube where even better enemies can be found. They quit the game cause it got too boring, most started avoiding fighting them and cause it became to stagnated/bad in terms of balancing. Bai

That was a joke post btw. I'm on your side, as I've said in the other nerfed bubble threads. I think it was a stupid change that wasn't needed, in fact the change from channel was probably a stupid change as well, haven't touched my warrior since then. I don't even know who gave them the advice to nerf it, cause nothing was said in the wvw forums, well other than some clueless content creator apparently.

Kill also showed what you're suppose to do in fights, MOVE, out of red rings, you don't sit in them, which is what a lot of these groups want to do, sit and out sustain everything, but there needs to be a fear of bomb areas. Positioning is one of the most important things in combat, something that's lost on a lot of commanders, and now lost a little more as the fear of standing in the bubble too long goes.

Edited by Xenesis.6389

Having the old bubble made some fights completelly absurd, like 50 people zergs fighting 30 and using 8 bubbles until the 30 got caught in one, so the 50 people squad was clearly not able to fight and was just bubble train. Buff the sb good (and also nerf the fb i don't get why they nerfed healing, they should have reduced stab charges) and maybe even reduce the bubble nerf , but bringing the bubble back would be just because people want to avoid playing (yeah instead of people playing with their skills, better have lots of people just using 1 skills until you catch the enemy zerg).

If all your strategy depends on 1 skill.. not even a boon which requires multiple skills, or damage that is the same, or strips same again or cleanses same again...

Edited by Nymthalas.4019
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

BoOns 4 lyfe!

Add Jade Tech Offense/Defense stations to WvW.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, kleisthenes.6247 said:

I think they should have gone way further with nerfing bubble. Bubble is so OP in WvW. 

I agree, they also need to nerf defense field, well of corruption, null field, feedback, shield of absorption, wall of reflection, sanctuary, shield of the avenger, corrosive poison cloud, field of the mist, sublime conversion. 1s durations sounds about right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LetoII.3782 said:

I live on this other continent where everyone is better and smarter to the point where arguing wether im better or smarter is pointless. Challengee not lest I further elaborate on my self appraised greatness

Oh, I'm pretty sucky in pvp/wvw. I just want to see barrier nerfed to the ground. Just today I saw a bubble / boom ball (looked like 100% uptime or not far from) with a small squad on my side and they were wrecking the others who outnumbered them by a lot, and this was in their castle,  where arrowcarts and cannons were shooting everywhere. 

Edited by kleisthenes.6247
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kleisthenes.6247 said:

Oh, I'm pretty sucky in pvp/wvw. I just want to see barrier nerfed to the ground. Just today I saw a bubble / boom ball with a small squad on my side and they were wrecking the others who outnumbered them by a lot, and this was in their castle,  where arrowcarts and cannons were shooting everywhere. 

Transfer to EU so you can be naturally better

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

They need to drop a ‘data center’ (and yes I am being fascisious as h ell so no, I don’t think it will happen) in the middle of the Atlantic on some obscure island and merge EU and NA together so we can actually end this debate.  

If some people start demanding a datacenter on Atlantis then Australians will probably demand another in R'lyeh, it's not going to work.

8 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

They need to drop a ‘data center’ (and yes I am being fascisious as h ell so no, I don’t think it will happen) in the middle of the Atlantic on some obscure island and merge EU and NA together so we can actually end this debate.  

What debate? EU is better. They just have their heads so far up their own kitten they think anyone cares.

Better players, more activity, angrier gamers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1