How to Get Research Kit/notes

Ok, this account doesn't have EoD but for some reason, 250 (1 slot, quantity) research kit dropped somewhere or maybe it was mailed. Basically, I don't know where I got it. 

Meanwhile,  my main account with EoD can't seem to acquire the kit. I haven't entered the new region yet as Im slow at PvE and just PvP tons. 

Do you guys know where I can buy the research kit with 250 pcs?

thanks

• Confused 1

You need to get to a jade bot workbench vendor.  There's one in the new lounge.  I don't know if there are any others outside the EoD maps.  However, you have zero need for the kit if you aren't in the new maps, because it generates currency for buying things in those maps.  It doesn't salvage into mats, it creates research notes when salvaging craftable items.  You then use those to buy jade bot cores, recipes, legendary pieces, etc.  Once you're in the new maps, you'll be able to generate those research notes super fast, so no need to stock up in advance.

Edit:  As pointed out by others below, regular crafting vendors everywhere sell them.  But it still only matters if you are trying to accrue research notes to buy items and recipes in EoD.

Edited by Donari.5237
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Ok, this account doesn't have EoD but for some reason, 250 (1 slot, quantity) research kit dropped somewhere or maybe it was mailed. Basically, I don't know where I got it. 

Meanwhile,  my main account with EoD can't seem to acquire the kit. I haven't entered the new region yet as Im slow at PvE and just PvP tons. 

Do you guys know where I can buy the research kit with 250 pcs?

thanks

You get a research kit mailed to each character the first time you equip a jade bot core.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You get a research kit mailed to each character the first time you equip a jade bot core.

I think it has to be at least a T6 core.

Anyway, from I've seen most vendors and even crafting vendors (except chef) now sell it. Even the Tyria ones.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, jamesg.7128 said:

I think it has to be at least a T6 core.

Anyway, from I've seen most vendors and even crafting vendors (except chef) now sell it. Even the Tyria ones.

Not to get the first kit, it got mailed to my first character through and everyone after when they got their first cores.

Even got to alts that I switched the first core to.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jamesg.7128 said:

Oh wow, I didn't know that!  What a great little QoL.  Thanks, you just made my life easier.  I should have looked at the vendors before.