Serpent Siphon

LouWolfskin.3492

Hello hello,

i'd like to suggest that this skill should be turned into a munition skill.

As it stands this thing feels weak in each of it's aspects and having a munition mechanic, maybe still with some short cooldown, would help a little at least.

As a buff counter it's simply outclassed by pretty much every other option and it's barrier rarely gets triggered on allies anyway.

• Like 3

Punishments and most necro utilities that aren't wells or elixirs are garbage anyways.

It's hard to make boon strip utility skills relevant when necro scepter exists and it strips 3 boons, or power mesmer strips boons automatically with auto chain or alacrity revenant can just swap in Jalis/Shiro for Mallyx and bring Banish Enchantment.

21 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Punishments and most necro utilities that aren't wells or elixirs are garbage anyways.

It depend a lot on what you focus and your needs.

For example, In a PvP environment you often need stun breaks and mobility that wurm and spectral skills can offer you more than any well or elixir. Again, in PvP, an anti-missile area like CPC can do you much good.

On another hand, I would dare to say that wells and elixirs are mainly useful in organized PvE and WvW group content.

Thought, it doesn't mean that punishments, shouts or signets aren't good in their own way nor that they don't have some interesting niches and build associated.

Amongst the necromancer's utilities, a few aren't really interesting to use like serpent siphon while many can be useful within the game as a whole.

Also, I don't think giving serpent siphon some ammunitions is going to help much this skill. The skill have a design issue not a hit rate issue. The "leave bundles that grant barrier on hit" is not something that's appealing, as the mechanism isn't especially appreciated no matter which profession have it.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2022 at 4:05 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Also, I don't think giving serpent siphon some ammunitions is going to help much this skill. The skill have a design issue not a hit rate issue. The "leave bundles that grant barrier on hit" is not something that's appealing, as the mechanism isn't especially appreciated no matter which profession have it.

I'd like this to get munition mainly for the buff counter, the barrier is less interesting to me anyway.

22 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

"Each enemy hit pulses barrier for your allies around it".
There, that's bundles fixed.

And yes, that would somewhat fix the bundle issue for barrier anyway.

Edited by LouWolfskin.3492

On 4/6/2022 at 6:36 PM, Zenith.7301 said:

It's hard to make boon strip utility skills relevant when necro scepter exists and it strips 3 boons, or power mesmer strips boons automatically with auto chain or alacrity revenant can just swap in Jalis/Shiro for Mallyx and bring Banish Enchantment.

In PvP it only removes one boon, maybe doesn't take away from your point but still. There (pvp) you'd need other options, so pushing up some skills aside wells to give said options would be nice.

Edited by LouWolfskin.3492