Avid World Class and Saltwater Fishing

Hey All

I did a search here and a lot of people complaining about drop rates, definitely sympathize. I have completed all initial groups and about to complete everything but the EOD Avid groups. I still haven't completed initial World Class (Need 1) and Saltwater (Need 3). The idea of having to do these again is unreal to me. So for you Cods that walk amongst us any tips you found to help these last two groups? I can't believe once I finish Avid EOD, Core, and POFs it's just pray to RNGjesus. I thought maybe ok have max stacks? The name of the fish may give a hint even though the description is found in X, bait X, time X, x x x x x x

As always tanks!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sorry to bear bad news but it still seems it's completely RNG.

The one thing I can tell you is that I did mine before they did the adjustment to the drop rate for the Saltwater collection and it was a pain. I was stuck for 3 days on 1 Saltwater fish and not even for the Avid version. I grinded in Ember Bay like everyone else did initially. And then 3 more days of grinding the Avid Saltwater again to finish it.

Now here's the crazy part. I'm currently working on it on my 2nd account, and I'm 28/30. I'm stuck in Muskellunge to finish the Avid Ascalonian one, and surprisingly, I was already at 50% completion on the Avid Saltwater when I finished the rest. While doing all the other collections I had already finished the first Saltwater one, so it definitely seems that there's a bigger chance of getting them while fishing from holes(as the patch notes say). That was not the case the first time I did it since I was pretty much stuck 28/30 for Saltwater and then Avid Saltwater.

It IS better, but still a big grind and lots of praying to RNGesus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately yeah, these collections are a bit of a pain.

However! Someone over on Reddit compiled a step-by-step approach to completing Saltwater Fisher yesterday that you might find helpful. As for the world class fish, I found that hanging out in Viathan Lake was best for getting these guys, since the polluted fishing holes only drop those (and trash).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I completed all of the initial zone collections, which left me 13/14 in both World Class & Saltwater (also completed trash and 5/7 treasure).  Went to try out the Mysterious fishing holes around the Thousand Seas Pavilion, did 99 catches there and no luck on the missing pair - though I did get my 6th treasure at the end.

Then I popped down to open water just to see what was in it - first 3 catches were a mackerel, Shimmering Squid and Totemfish...which ofc were the missing pair. And just for good measure, the 4th catch was also a Totemfish to start the avid.

So yeah, RNG.

(Thousand Seas does seem quite good though, don't even need bait or food for it. Probably less useful for chasing one collection or the other instead of both, but the drop rate seems better than other zones)

Edited by Nazarick.9653
  • Sad 1