We Should Totally Make Offhand Axe a Thing :D

Yerlock.4678

Just imagine if offhand axe spin to win damage insanity was actually useful in pvp or wvw? Just give it Superspeed and maybe a bit of magnetic aura and that thing would be super strong. It could shred against tanky Mechs and support Guardians. It's about time offhand Axe got the love it deserves so something competes with Shield. 

If you run full glass Axe 5 makes people 💩 their pants and panic. It'll also fish out any dodges left so you can Eviscerate them.

The "50% increased movement" thing is bs and should grant 3s of super speed instead.

Dual Strike also still hits VERY hard. Full meme dps setup you can hit for over 15k on 2.6k armor targets.

When I run it in WvW I use Battle maul to either get initial damage/fish a dodge and use the dismount animation to hide Bull's Charge's activation to CC them. I usually have time for an Axe2 and Axe4 before they stunbreak. Throw Axe to cripple Axe 5 to dps/fish another dodge out. AA some, throw out F1 or another Throw Axe if I think they have endurance sigil or other sources of evades.

You have to be highly aggressive if you use OH axe and give them no time to go on offense themselves since it works best on full glass.

• Like 1

Would be nice if axe5 had the projectile reflect like the thief's stolen skill has. Idk why they get it and we don't...it's our skill after all!

Also, is the +50% movement speed accurate? I don't see any difference when I use it... If it actually DID increase your movement speed, that would be awesome.

• Like 4

50% but not stacking with other effects. Also you might cap anyway if you aren't also crippled/chilled.

Breaking shield addiction is a bit hard. It's basically a requirement on glass cannon builds. There are some memes with vision sigil and tankier stats since axe 2/4 are legit better than eviscerate.

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Would be nice if axe5 had the projectile reflect like the thief's stolen skill has. Idk why they get it and we don't...it's our skill after all!

Also, is the +50% movement speed accurate? I don't see any difference when I use it... If it actually DID increase your movement speed, that would be awesome.

There is a small increase, but it is not like you have superspeed.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:32 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If you run full glass Axe 5 makes people 💩 their pants and panic. It'll also fish out any dodges left so you can Eviscerate them.

ah eviscerate.. good times, now it hits for fluff like everything else. warrior is fluff. T~T

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 wana see this 8k hits cause im pretty sure it could only if your playing on full glass build xD

Build-Fu

Fully buffed it hits a 2.6k armor opponent for 12k (assuming 10 stacks of vuln), hits same target for 9k without BP stacks or vuln.

When I ran that post Feb2020 I would get in slug fests with Thieves and just drop them from 75% hp to downstate by hitting them with a T3 Eviscerate while they were animation locked. It's actually a weaker build now than it was then, though they buffed Great Fortitude so perhaps it is on par still if you take that trait instead of FGS.

27 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 well yea back then it does too many damage just like 8-12k if i remember xd. But now it seems a bit overnerfed for what it actually does. My highest normal damage numbers are actually like 4-6k ^^. on the same build tho ^^

Opponent armor, vuln stacks, and ferocity stacks matter. That build will still hit for +8k so long as you are fully buffed and the target isn't a trailblazer/minstrel weeny.

• Haha 1

Normally run into 

14 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm curious if its yolo enough to cut through 3-3.5k armor targets, and they'll probably be condi which the build clearly isn't meant to hold against.

I can see it happening against your standard pow+prec+fero.

This is all assuming you can get and stay on top of them.

Then there's protection, weakness, blinds, class mechanics/shenanigans, etc..

The usual warrior hurdles.

I'm skeptical, I love the concept though, I'll play around with the idea and take it for a spin.

Just now, eXruina.4956 said:

Normally run into 

I'm curious if its yolo enough to cut through 3-3.5k armor targets, and they'll probably be condi which the build clearly isn't meant to hold against.

I can see it happening against your standard pow+prec+fero.

This is all assuming you can get and stay on top of them.

Then there's protection, weakness, blinds, class mechanics/shenanigans, etc..

The usual warrior hurdles.

I'm skeptical, I love the concept though, I'll play around with the idea and take it for a spin.

You're not wrong.

Use a build template to swap to a more anti condi build if you have time. There really isn't a one build for all matchups for warrior. You're free to swap FGJ in the above build for SiO and take warhorn instead of OH axe for something more utilitarian.

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

There really isn't a one build for all matchups for warrior. 

Aye but roaming demands versatility, at least for me, don't know what baddie you'll be up against on the next corner. Specially for those juicy outnum, Thus I try to run more balanced builds.

Warrior used to deal damage and deal damage well, it was rewarding if you managed to get on top of someone or land your hits despite the difficulties.

Now am just fluff in the wind, rip tail fur. 😓

16 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

Aye but roaming demands versatility, at least for me, don't know what baddie you'll be up against on the next corner. Specially for those juicy outnum, Thus I try to run more balanced builds.

Warrior used to deal damage and deal damage well, it was rewarding if you managed to get on top of someone or land your hits despite the difficulties.

Now am just fluff in the wind, rip tail fur. 😓

Like I said. Take a warhorn and SiO in the build I linked and it'll be more versatile.

• Thanks 1