Don’t turn Rama into another Rytlock

Eaglebach.7593

On 5/13/2022 at 4:43 PM, Telgum.6071 said:

I'm surprised Vlast was a male tbh.

It’s hardly something that counts, though- you see him once, he’s not really even prominently brought up until a few quests before (at least in the main story), and killed immediately. Vlast was a terrible waste of a character, the main dislike I had for PoF (otherwise my favorite expansion)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2022 at 5:55 AM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Laranthir of Wild gets offscreen, and replaced by Jhavi.

Smoldur, the once "reasonable imperator", was turned into a jerk.

Efram Greetsglory, probably we will never seem him again.

Horrik got killed to make room for Anka.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:54 PM, Kalavier.1097 said:

You also laughably describe Logan as a "Simp" which.. ignores the whole aspect of politics preventing Logan and Jennah from being in a relationship and guess what? He's in a new relationship and moved on very kittening fast from it when the relationship he had with Jennah was declared over.

I mean for the longest time he was seemingly romantically devoted to her, while his queen just gracefully accepted said devotion. I know bla bla politics, didn't stop her from lamenting that it is not possible to go out on adventure with us the commander. More affection Logan the simp Thackery ever got. Also the whole hero of tyria, leader of the Seraphs and Pact Marshall is not a suitable match for the queen just seems silly. Meanwhile the treacherous Caudecus is a influential Court figure. Sure Ignore the human man who commands on of the biggest forces in tyria so queen Jenna can marry some snob who owns 5 grape fields.

In the end it doesn't matter much. An MMO story is not something i go to for good story telling. I'm just mildly annoyed by the cherry picking going on.

Leader figure- "we take that", bumbling fool - " you can keep that" getting comical squashed like an inset "that's icky"

Even the Aetherblade agent we beat up in act 1 is of course some male cat, because got forbid we would harm are Raiding, Pillaging and murdering woman.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 3:50 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

I really don't think Rytlock is that "whipped", to use the generic and rather sexist term, but rather is rebuilding a relationship that he mutually wants with Crecia.  So he jokes that he's on a short chain, in his own growling, grudging manner (I love Rytlock btw), as often someone does about a partner.  I don't think he would just become a doormat for someone unless he wants to stay around more for them.

Regarding that last line, I mean ... I'm sure there's a new secret Goldclaw volume that's going to tell us what really goes on in the basement of the Blood Legion keep, if you know what I mean *eyebrow waggle*

• Haha 2