perma-evade thief how do I fight it

Ziegrif.5964

So I'm relatively new to PVP and met a group of thieves that did two things. Spam death blossom and evades on Daredevil.

Had a hard time hitting them and mostly they just wasted time but that time wasting won them the game.

How do I handle that as a necro for example?

• Like 2

Weapon skill evades tend to have a moment of vulnerability in their animations - a spot in the animation where the evade is gone but the player is still in the animation part of it and can't act without weapon swap cancelling or something. If you learn the vuln spots in the animations, you can just whack 'em at the end of their evades and there isn't much they can do about it. 

For necro, depends on build - as reaper, shroud3 second skill is a fear that's pretty fast, so you could catch them with that. Depends on how well you time your own skills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ziegrif.5964 said:

So I'm relatively new to PVP and met a group of thieves that did two things. Spam death blossom and evades on Daredevil.

Had a hard time hitting them and mostly they just wasted time but that time wasting won them the game.

You don't as a Necro handle Teefs in the slightest.
Spectral Ring should be the best "counter" for that spammability of Teefs, but you have to aim it properly and have some follow-up after they waste some of their stun breaks. Also don't try to 1v1 as a Necro, that's a losing fight for Necros from get-go unless you outskill them by 5413857198571 times.

• Like 2

The build itself is irritating, BUT
The evade spam comes from their melee attack, melee being the keyword here.
As a necro you can either place the ward around you to keep them away from you; and for any build, just try to fight them from distance; when distance is made, either they waste their flipping thing on thin air (they won't) or eat your attacks, since they have just one way to close gaps, and that's from steal. From the distance just keep attacking them with staff marks, axe and focus.

Necro have options yo have lots of ground target skills in their kit.

Try to keep out of melee range by moving/kiting/juking. 

This gi es you an advantage, but if you stand and try to tank it, then you might lose.

Look for the chance to use your condi transfer skills if it is condi thief.

The evade is not perma, and the chance to send stuff back comes in when the pursue, otherwise they are just hitting air.

Attrition will win, and most thieves, MOST, that play this type of build are very bad and can't look up from their skill bar.

You can do it.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Ziegrif.5964 said:

16 hours ago, Ziegrif.5964 said:

Is there a place I can go and test the evade window?

Like would a pulsing dmg field show that window?

*applause* Glad people are asking about the matchup instead of resorting to nerf requests. 

If you want help seeing the evade windows, add me and I'll spar with you. 

1v1 thief necro matchup can be tricky but there are some things you can do to frustrate them with ward and marks. and if they're D/D they don't have as much escape availability as other thieves and will likely feed you if you run spectral walk. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 8:56 PM, Ziegrif.5964 said:

Deathb costs 5 ini and they have 3 dodges with DRD. You can wait 10sec and kill them or try to land immbos or others soft ccs.