Have the Rapids logs in W2Z1 changed?

Zaxares.5419

As the title says, I'm noticing now that I'm getting knocked down almost immediately after jumping from or landing on a log, and I suspect it's the game freaking out about my actual position due to my SEA ping of 250+. Previously the logs actually had a "safe" box that was slightly bigger than their actual footprint in the game would suggest. Yes, it could look a little odd to be half standing in the water and still be fine, but I'll take that over the current system where I jump onto a log, take a running jump to the next log and immediately trip and fall into the water the second my foot leaves the first log (because the game hasn't yet registered that I've actually jumped and I should be safely in the air. I presume the game is assuming I just ran straight off the log into the water.)

It's a good thing that I've finished all the Rapids and Trib Mode achieves for it, because I think this would make for an absolutely frustrating experience otherwise. All the same, I implore you to change it back to the old system, ANet, because on the days when I DO go into Rapids for dailies, that log portion is teeth-grindingly annoying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hmm going out on a limb here, but did you perhaps upgrade your computer since last time? Or somehow change your average frame rate? One thing I notice a lot is frame rate affects the timing of jumps and the registration of landings. Since last SAB I rebuilt my PC and instead of getting 40fps, I get 60 to 80. The first thing I did was turn on the framerate limiter while in SAB and capped it at 60. Reason I say all this is personally, I have found the logs to behave relatively normally, so I am wondering if it is something clientside that changed for you. With that said, storm wizard is completely messed up (he can get trapped in the middle doing his dash) so ANet definitely have made changes...

Edited by nosleepdemon.1368

Actually there was some kind of change. No idea what it meant though.

Updated the properties of moving objects, such as rapids logs, to reduce rapids-related catastrophes.

I only do that level if I need to, specifically because I never liked jumping across the logs and gators. So I haven't played that level much this year. From what little I have played it, I didn't notice any difference with the logs.

Edited by Charrbeque.8729
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:37 PM, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Hmm going out on a limb here, but did you perhaps upgrade your computer since last time? Or somehow change your average frame rate? One thing I notice a lot is frame rate affects the timing of jumps and the registration of landings. Since last SAB I rebuilt my PC and instead of getting 40fps, I get 60 to 80. The first thing I did was turn on the framerate limiter while in SAB and capped it at 60. Reason I say all this is personally, I have found the logs to behave relatively normally, so I am wondering if it is something clientside that changed for you. With that said, storm wizard is completely messed up (he can get trapped in the middle doing his dash) so ANet definitely have made changes...

No, I haven't upgraded my PC since last year. My ping and framerate are both within the same range as before. The only potential difference between this year and the last from my (client) side is that I'm running DX11 mode, but that shouldn't affect the actual gameplay at all.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

No, I haven't upgraded my PC since last year. My ping and framerate are both within the same range as before. The only potential difference between this year and the last from my (client) side is that I'm running DX11 mode, but that shouldn't affect the actual gameplay at all.

No I don't think it should either, that's annoying. I was on the logs in trib mode earlier and they're as rage inducing as ever. Honestly I just try to steer clear of w2z1 entirely. Even w2z2 is better now that I have seen how to do the cloud skip wall jump - you avoid the trib cloud AND trampoline hell.