Does XP go with the place you start or finish?

If I take a quest like "Bian's World Tour" from Seitung, it is going to finish someplace else in the world. Does the XP rewarded for the achievement go towards EoD masteries, or will it just get lumped into general Tyrian experience (since it will finish there)?

Update: I guess the answer, at least to this specific case, is 'neither', as it gave me no experience. 😞

Edited by notebene.3190
  • Sad 1

It's not a quest, it's an achievement. Most achievements don't give XP, the only exception I can think of is the daily achievements and those all need to be completed in specific areas. You might do things along the way which give you XP, like fighting enemies or entering areas you hadn't discovered before and then you'll get XP for whichever map you're on at the time.

GW2 doesn't have quests except for the main story for each release. Those give XP based on the release they're part of. Everything else does it based on the map you're in at the time.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I can think of is the daily achievements and those all need to be completed in specific areas.

They also tell you where the exp will go

For example the Chest of Fish from the EoD daily

Double-click to open. Contains various fish fillets and 1 Scrap of End of Dragons Mastery (Autoconsume).

• Like 1