For the first time again

I bought a brand new account so I could go from personal story through living world 1 when it is released and onwards through to the end in correct order.

I'm kind of looking forward to doing Heart Of Thorns without a mount. That's something I missed as I've been playing since mounts were introduced.

• Like 4

Not one thing in particular. But the entire beginning. Found gw2 years ago via a youtuber and was fascinated by the artstyle and the whole world, which is why I bought the game just before HOT and bought the most expensive edition of HOT. And just that initial time when you dive into a new game and know nothing. I love exploring and learning(via ingame and internet) and loved the raids and everything so much.
Just about a year ago now I created this account because I accomplished just about everything I wanted to on my old one(6+ Legys, Legy armor, almost every gemstore-skin + 80% of my wardrobe full, ect.). Here I do everything slower, but also much more efficient because I know my way around pretty well and know how to quickly get things I really want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of my friends got hacked over the years and had to start from a fresh account. It looks like a desaster, but our knowledge and experience about the game makes getting back to 'normal' rather easy. In most cases, you do not even need money or gear from other players, as you know exactly where to look for stuff. Watching a real new player progressing compared to a veteran who was forced to start over again feels like watching a hamster racing against a cheeta. And when others help, it is even more ridiculous.

I would like to replay the first half year, which is the time that took me to get my first character to level 80. It was so much fun exploring and immersing into the world. Half a year for only 80 levels? Sounds ridiculous nowadays, I know. But there was no need to rush back then. The meta did not exist and we had funny gimmicks like MF stats on armor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exploring the world.

I do frequently replay various maps, both on my older characters and on new ones, but it's not the same as going through it for the first time. Especially with jumping puzzles and mini dungeons. There's been multiple times I thought I was just wasting my time poking around in the back of a cave, trying to climb the scenery for no reason, and then it just kept going and eventually I realised I was on the path through a puzzle or dungeon. I love that, and unless I somehow entirely forget that one exists it just doesn't happen a second time. I frequently forget exactly where the entrance is, but hunting for something I know is there is very different to discovering something I wasn't expecting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I started playing with a group of friends just after HoT released. The first few months we played so much that it took us 2 months to reach lvl80. We would 100% maps together and do dungeons. We sucked at dungeons but we had a lot of fun 🙂 we also did PvP against each other. Then some of us started playing less or stopped altogether. I kept playing and loved exploring the world. (I try to see every place in the game and have 100% WC in every zone so I'm getting there)

Then I bought the HoT expansion which opened a whole new world for me (literally maguuma haha). Maguuma still holds some of my fondest memories in this game. A couple months in it was just me and 1 other person from our friend group playing. He started playing way before me and we weren't that close until we realized we had quite a lot in common.

And PoF was just amazing as well.

Basically I wish I could experience the entire beginning of me playing

• Like 1

Stepping into Heart of Thorns for the very first time. Though the core maps are beautiful, and still hold up as sometimes I still choose to walk instead of mount up in the old maps, but stepping into HoT for the first time and standing on that rock looking out is just incredible. The sheer depth of the map, the tangled angry vines, the fog, the playful music. Then you get melted by the first mob. You don't know what happened, you don't know why, but that endgame challenge you expected hits you harder than you thought and you start the slow but most rewarding journey in the game: learning the versitality and limitations of your class. You learn your style of play: popping in for dps bursts, tanking with boons and reactions, controlling mobs and the flow of the fight, etc. You start gearing and re-gearing depending on your play style. You learn an elite specialization and realize how drastically different it plays than the core, even if it doesn't seem like it would by looking at the stats.

If I could replay anything, it's that moment of beauty and difficulty of hitting that first expansion. Now, looking back, I know why people told me the game begins at max level. It really, really does

• Like 3
  • Sad 1