Vind dodge is bugged ( Can be interrupted with CC even when you have stability )

Master Ketsu.4569

10 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Normally you can avoid unevadeable CCs by having stab.

But Vindicator dodge still get's interrupted if you have stab. The dodge will end, but you won't get CC'd. Please fix this it's very dumb.

I'll be testing it, however how can you reproduce it if at all needing steps? Is it also consistent at all times or only sometimes? I haven't really noticed it so far.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

I'll be testing it, however how can you reproduce it if at all needing steps? Is it also consistent at all times or only sometimes? I haven't really noticed it so far.

1. Equip Jalis with Vindicator

2. Have a player use any unevadeable CC field ( Guardian Hammer 5 is the easiest to test )

3. Cast Inspiring reinforcement

4. Dodge and attempt to leave the ring

What happens is the vindicator dodge will abruptly end in an extremely glitchy way, and you will lose 1 stack of stablity. But you will not be CC'd.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 2:51 PM, Virdo.1540 said:

Funfact:  Weaponswap interrupts the dodge aswell

Would call it a not so fun fact.

The vindivator dodge doesnt behave like other dodges. Its a skill with evade frames. It can get canceled unlike DD dodge. The underwater version is the most wonky skill ever. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Just want to confirm, it does happens quite literally everytime. Some stuff just didn't make it in the play test apparently.

Werent you defending it in other thread and blaming it on latency/lag etc?

Vindi is half-kitten rushed garbage. Imagine not rolling guardian/necro/ranger already lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Werent you defending it in other thread and blaming it on latency/lag etc?

Vindi is half-kitten rushed garbage. Imagine not rolling guardian/necro/ranger already lol

You can always look back at old threads rather than try to recall. I did provide video evidence anyway that latency with the evade still can cause issues and even with that much to prove it is still being denied.

• Confused 6

My dodge gets cancelled constantly in WvW mid-animation with or without stability, wasting the endurance and cancelling the dodge's bonus effects.

It seems the animation lasts 2-3x longer than the actual evade frames which are listed as 0.25 seconds in the combat log, a NORMAL dodge evade frame is 0.75 seconds, So i think, at least the healing dodge, has bugged evade frames as it makes no sense for a "dodge" that lasts 2-3 seconds from initiation to impact to only evade for a quarter second, after which it can easily be interrupted.

• Like 1

The dodge is just a mortal trap that baits you to your grave. Any enemy player with functional brain knowns the window in which you invul ended but you still didn't regain the control over your character so they can apply their cc to lock and kill you.

Better just remove the dodge, or being more rational: just reroll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nomad.4301 said:

My dodge gets cancelled constantly in WvW mid-animation with or without stability, wasting the endurance and cancelling the dodge's bonus effects.

It seems the animation lasts 2-3x longer than the actual evade frames which are listed as 0.25 seconds in the combat log, a NORMAL dodge evade frame is 0.75 seconds, So i think, at least the healing dodge, has bugged evade frames as it makes no sense for a "dodge" that lasts 2-3 seconds from initiation to impact to only evade for a quarter second, after which it can easily be interrupted.

I think that we can safely conclude, this is not an evade but rather quite literally a skill. You can't normally interrupt evades in anyway. They need to actually consider this so that it never gets interrupted no matter what the player does. The exception of being interrupted by someone else skill like a ward.

2 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

The dodge is just a mortal trap that baits you to your grave. Any enemy player with functional brain knowns the window in which you invul ended but you still didn't regain the control over your character so they can apply their cc to lock and kill you.

Better just remove the dodge, or being more rational: just reroll.

This is hyperbole. Vindicator has the tools to deal with that, as soon as you land (And it should be obvious) you should be aware of what the player would want to do next if they so decide to tank your evade or avoid it. You have Battle Dance and Reaver's Rage to counter their attempt at predicting your landing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

I think that we can safely conclude, this is not an evade but rather quite literally a skill. You can't normally interrupt evades in anyway. They need to actually consider this so that it never gets interrupted no matter what the player does. The exception of being interrupted by someone else skill like a ward.

This is hyperbole. Vindicator has the tools to deal with that, as soon as you land (And it should be obvious) you should be aware of what the player would want to do next if they so decide to tank your evade or avoid it. You have Battle Dance and Reaver's Rage to counter their attempt at predicting your landing.

Calling it hyperbole and proposing a stunbreak as a counter. a stunbreak doesnt prevent damage and doesnt fix the issue. You can also get blinded before the attack occurs negating all damage.

Some blinds completely ignore the evade property for some reason. The window between hitting the target and end of e frames isnt even that small.

I play mostly pve and even braindead mobs with no timing at all cc me out of it.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Calling it hyperbole and proposing a stunbreak as a counter. a stunbreak doesnt prevent damage and doesnt fix the issue. You can also get blinded before the attack occurs negating all damage.

Some blinds completely ignore the evade property for some reason. The window between hitting the target and end of e frames isnt even that small.

I play mostly pve and even braindead mobs with no timing at all cc me out of it.

It is hyperbole, Vindicator evade other than some bugs works fine and definitely makes the profession play differently. Besides you said it yourself that blindness applies to everyone evading therefor nothing out of the ordinary, don't want to be blinded? Play Jalis with Vengeful Hammers or have Resistance before you do it. The options are there, many refuses to use them in favor of something else which points towards something we call "balance".

Reaver's Rage or Battle Dance IS a counter among the others, you're acting like no one ever ever ever try to stun or burst at the end of an evade which is blatantly false, this is normal gameplay.

4 hours ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

What OP? Nah, that's not right. Look, what it is, OK, is interpolation. I will only explain this the on~ Ah shoot. Someone already beat me to it 😉

Yeah let's nudge an irrelevant topic into another one out of spite while denying the evidence of lag still being an issue at the pre-evade stage because the evade itself counts as a skill and not an evade, because that's what forums are for. Didn't know being wrong about the vague explanation of OP being comparable to the multitude of other issues the same action (In this case, Vindicator evade) have is illegal.

It's even more funny that you compare this post to the other one, two completely different takes. One is about not being able to avoid wards without the mention of stability because "animation" looks like it while the other is about wards bugging the evade to do nothing with Stability while still being an evade no less.

Anything for a little bit of attention why don't you? Why not bring the full context again?

It's hardly any clearer for OP, you're sticking just as hard to your guns like I am stupidly in the wrong? To complain about what is obviously normal compared what isn't, everyone completely denying and memeing what is actually and factually a problem while the other is just design decisions. These sub-forums are just, wow.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/789352464876568577/959901527500279808/evadebug.mp4

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/789352464876568577/959901528095862805/evadebug2.mp4

Of course you would not because why would you.

• Confused 3

I get we cannot dodge thru wards etc, my problem is, dodge animation is Jump to thy sky, then fall down. It is dumb. If we changed to mistform instead I would get it.

Ppl complain cuz our dodge is 100endurance, while it fails 1 whole traitline got wasted cuz bug or inconsistency. On Renegade, 1dodge is nothing. I can dodge again.
Investment that I do when dodging is huge, its big risk, and then I weaponswap too early and im without effect I had to take 2 traits for.
This should be fixed. Or lock weaponswap until it cannot kill the dodge.

Good point is, thanks to the dodge it is played differently and that is good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

This is hyperbole. Vindicator has the tools to deal with that, as soon as you land (And it should be obvious) you should be aware of what the player would want to do next if they so decide to tank your evade or avoid it. 

Is not. I'm performing WAY better in PvP with core Rev than with Vindi, and core Rev is leagues behind Renebow or power Herald builds (neither of whom are currently "meta", since other new specs made them irrelevant).

The same as in PvE. No reason to run a single Vindi build at any GW2. And not for not trying... Is just bad.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Catchyfx.5768 said:

Investment that I do when dodging is huge, its big risk, and then I weaponswap too early and im without effect I had to take 2 traits for.

This should be fixed. Or lock weaponswap until it cannot kill the dodge.

That and the fact that the heal skills can also cancel the ending of the dodge animation if queued too early as well. These really are the biggest issues mechanically for me with Vindicator and they don't even make sense. Having to be hyper aware of precise timing on the heals when combined with the dodge is obnoxious; no other dodge has to deal with this issue

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054

7 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Is not. I'm performing WAY better in PvP with core Rev than with Vindi, and core Rev is leagues behind Renebow or power Herald builds (neither of whom are currently "meta", since other new specs made them irrelevant).

The same as in PvE. No reason to run a single Vindi build at any GW2. And not for not trying... Is just bad.

Core Revenant is not leagues behind, it is in fact under many advantages compared the limited survival/utility of Herald or the constrict choices of traitlines for using the Shortbow as Renegade.

Vindicator is quite literally an all in or nothing type of gameplay and it works really well if you always make sure to have an option after every action which is in the playstyle of the profession. Because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean that it should be changed, besides it's way more satisfying to have chunky effects over small and divided to fit the usual style.

Having one evade adds to actual high risk high reward, only needs to have it's bugs ironed out.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

I don't know if anyone has ever tried to pass an obstacle while in the air? 2 options: either you get stuck until you fall back down, or you pass the obstacle and if it's high up you literally fall to the ground even if the character is still in the air.
This is also a problem.

We can't jump in the middle of an evade, only at the start (Although maybe Mirage can, didn't try). They'd have to make the player be in a permanent state of jump or something alike to compensate for that.

On 4/23/2022 at 2:43 PM, Nephalem.8921 said:

Would call it a not so fun fact.

The vindivator dodge doesnt behave like other dodges. Its a skill with evade frames. It can get canceled unlike DD dodge. The underwater version is the most wonky skill ever. 

...yet for some reason, we *need* to have it as our one dodge, and we couldn't have it as the F skill, because reasons.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/28/2022 at 4:00 AM, The Boz.2038 said:

...yet for some reason, we *need* to have it as our one dodge, and we couldn't have it as the F skill, because reasons.

Would love this. Been trying Vind in 3v3 lately and the current design just feels like such a pointlessly limiting weight dragging down the spec.

Edit: And speed it the heck up. It already has a huge tell. It's just a lil boring to fight against and hinders whatever the person may be doing in pve, being stuck in the air for a few seconds doing nothing.

Edited by Curennos.9307
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I fixed the dodge bug by swapping to Renegade. It was crazy! It even gave me a second dodge! Don't know if that was intentional, but I will ask my uncle, they work for A-net. I have been running only Vindicator, basically since release, to try to figure out it's 'play' "style", and from my extreme testing, I can confirm, changing to Renegade does indeed fix the dodge. Twice!

Jokes aside, dropping the spec and going back to a normal class, felt like I'd been playing with my hands tied behind my back, prior. It will be forever broken and inconsistent until they actually make up for the lack of a second dodge. Period. I don't mean to sound mean, but A-net made this by gimping a class by removing its' second dodge, doubling the single dodge CD, and turning it into a predictable attack in PvP, while in PvE, actively punishing us for not dodging off CD. After which they chased this down by making up for *only* that, and not even the opportunity loss of a 3rd trait line that doesn't nerf us in a core way, via what could be best described as unfinished, phoned in traits. Makes this class feel just about as finished as---

All the bugs that come with this pre-nerfed class are just the Kitten Dingleberries on Top.

Edited by Fan Didly Tastic.7169
Incomplete Critique
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2