WVW Commander Training

Isle of Janthir US server, looking for active players that can teach and bring up future commanders in guild. Is this still a thing? It used to be pretty big back in the day but are people still doing this? What guilds are active and how can I get involved with one? I didn't know if this was a topic for this place or if active guild was? I guess it's more how do players get better as commanders in WVW? 

Are you looking for commanders to train? Or for a guild that with active commanders willing to train you?

If it's the former, it shouldn't be that hard just advertise in your servers discord and/or forums. Though people interested in it are definitely a rare breed.

If it's the latter I recommend just getting on discord and going to gw2.link/hub and hop around on the WvW servers for a guild that fits what you are looking for and then ask if they can handle someone learning. It's an unusual instance they can't.

Edit: As for how players get to be better, through lots of experience and hand holding, generally with the backdrop of a guild that will show up to support them through thick or thin.

Edited by God.2708

18 hours ago, God.2708 said:

Are you looking for commanders to train? Or for a guild that with active commanders willing to train you?

If it's the former, it shouldn't be that hard just advertise in your servers discord and/or forums. Though people interested in it are definitely a rare breed.

If it's the latter I recommend just getting on discord and going to gw2.link/hub and hop around on the WvW servers for a guild that fits what you are looking for and then ask if they can handle someone learning. It's an unusual instance they can't.

Edit: As for how players get to be better, through lots of experience and hand holding, generally with the backdrop of a guild that will show up to support them through thick or thin.

I have been reading into this, finding commmanders willing to learn and be a part of it are extremely hard, I just got my tag and have been training. I have been playing since Beta in GW2 so I fundamentally know the game extremely well I just hadn't gotten into WVW until the last year or so, and I am a fan of it and the concept so I decided to pick it up and enjoy it. Wanted a guild interested in training me to the top to lead blobs etc. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Depends where you want to go, you got alot of directions, you can focus on fights, generally KTRAIN or just PPT, alot of options. I would suggest just tagging up and trying to take stuff in EBG and do a little ktrain. You will probably get hunted by guild groups. Give it a fight or two but dont beat your head against as you will begin to lose people and starting out, all the extra numbers help.

Dont be discourage, it will be loose and goosy. If you want to go more fight oriented, try to maybe find a guild or make your own and get a solid 10 that you can rely on and have them help carry the extra numbers for that confidence boost.

if you cannot find someone to train you
you should

Join guilds with  commanders running consistently. 
Join discord and listen to how people give command. 

Know the squad composition and builds. 

if you want to be ppt commander, tag up and announce in Team Chat you are running ppt
buy sieges, go to empty map, flip everything when no one's around.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456