Untamed and Soulbeast very Popular in sPvP

Mell.4873

I have notices that me along with many other players are dominated high level conquest PvP games with either Untamed(my pick) or Soulbeast.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this at high gold?

EDIT: Okay there seems be some confusion about the ranks.
Plat 2 is literally impossible to achieve right now, since it is reserved to the top 30 players (1600+) I have no idea why and maybe this is not the same in your region but it is in mine.
Plat 1 on the other hand is the top 200 players so that might be more achievable (I have broken through once this season)

Anyone claiming that you need to be plat 2 to be good at PvP is literally flat wrong, that's like saying CM fractals speed runs are the standard end game PvE.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I have notices that me along with many other players are dominated high level conquest PvP games with either Untamed(my pick) or Soulbeast.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this at high gold?

high gold is not "high level conquest". sicem soulbeast is one of the best pubstompers in the game alongside reaper and DH; they get rarer the higher u go

Edited by Hogwarts Zebra.8597
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

high gold is not "high level conquest". sicem soulbeast is one of the best pubstompers in the game alongside reaper and DH; they get rarer the higher u go

High gold is the top 250 to 500 hundred players. I mean the top 250 player are not even all in platinum so it most definitely is the top players.

I mean maybe in EU servers it's different (if there even is different regions) 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

High gold is the top 250 to 500 hundred players. I mean the top 250 player are not even all in platinum so it most definitely is the top players.

I mean maybe in EU servers it's different (if there even is different regions) 

High level conquest is plat2+ and this is even questionable as the plat 2s from now wouldnt hit plat not long ago

Ladder ranking or titles dont mean much now, i have this guy in my guild that cant solo to plat, but he sits comfortably at plat 2 bu just duo qing and q dodging off hours

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

High level conquest is plat2+ and this is even questionable as the plat 2s from now wouldnt hit plat not long ago

Ladder ranking or titles dont mean much now, i have this guy in my guild that cant solo to plat, but he sits comfortably at plat 2 bu just duo qing and q dodging off hours

Okay so for NA only 30 players are in plat 2 so that is super super unrealistic for me to reach. 

14 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Okay so for NA only 30 players are in plat 2 so that is super super unrealistic for me to reach. 

It is ans it is not, if you are a stable 1450+ player you can just find a duo and exploit your way to it (like 80 to 90%) of ppl there, if you choose not to do it then it may be very hard

yeah, soulbeast is a good off meta carry

if you don't play primetime you can even spam it, assuming you're a gold 3 player, you gonna be a better player than at least 3 players in the other team, if you identify those players early on in the match and the 2 players that can match you don't do it, you prolly gonna carry that match by insta pop ppl and make the game a perma 5v4 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

It is ans it is not, if you are a stable 1450+ player you can just find a duo and exploit your way to it (like 80 to 90%) of ppl there, if you choose not to do it then it may be very hard

Yeah I don't, that also proved my point a bit since the players in plat are exploiting this problem. I think high gold is roughly where most decent player sit, hey sometimes I make it platinum on a good day. 

18 minutes ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

If ur unable to reach plat2 solo q ur not as good as u think. match manipulating/wintrading and kitten only really happens when u approach top 10

I have reached plat 1, but anyway like I said right now only the top 30 players are plat 2 with only the top 5 being in plat 3.

This is mostly due in my opinion to the fact that not many people play Conquest PvP rather I bet most are in WvW at the moment. If more players played, I bet I could jump up in the ranks but right now most if not all my guild mates who play in plat are hovering around high gold too, when a year or two ago it was a different story.

• Like 1

Hi OP, to answer your question, yes, I've noticed a lot of rangers in EU. In fact I just came from there but moved to NA just today and have to start the season over coz it reset.  To be frank, people complain about thieves but for me, rangers are harder to deal with and it has to do with me having more hours on thief than on ranger though I'm eager to learn and theory craft several untamed builds. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Hi OP, to answer your question, yes, I've noticed a lot of rangers in EU. In fact I just came from there but moved to NA just today and have to start the season over coz it reset.  To be frank, people complain about thieves but for me, rangers are harder to deal with and it has to do with me having more hours on thief than on ranger though I'm eager to learn and theory craft several untamed builds. 

Yeah Souldbeasts are really hard to deal with because they come with high ranged and melee burst.

There are a couple of reasons you would take Untamed instead of Soulbeast with a similar build:

1. Access to super speed (15 seconds from utilities alone)
  2. Perilous Gift gives you 3 second of invulnerability and massive healing, this can be used on DPS pets so they do not die.
  3. Power Untamed (greatsword + longbow) can passively heal from damage
  4. Easy access to Weakness for when you go into melee with greatsword
Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

If ur unable to reach plat2 solo q ur not as good as u think. match manipulating/wintrading and kitten only really happens when u approach top 10

agreed, problem is the amount of ppl that cant hit plat 2 solo with top 10 and even higher titles

9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Untamed? You mean the ranger with the massiv green bubble as a pet? 

Never have seen them winning a fight. That not even a joke. I literally never seen it. 

Maybe because I never seen one period except for EBG spawn but whatever. 

Fight ckod.

Ive seen that player and one other playing untamed like hammer warrior/old gw1 bunnythumper to frightening effect.  I think gabitorex will give you a run for your money too.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

I've been running into more and more.

I think it's the access to a teleport for Untamed. Untamed can still access some stealth, can still do some longbow shenanigans, and now they have a teleport to enable GS5 -> teleport -> maul + pet teleport and the swipe-whatsit skill. If you don't save a stunbreak/dodge specifically for them it's a large chunk of damage.

Still see the usual burst soulbeasts around too, of course. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 10:38 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

agreed, problem is the amount of ppl that cant hit plat 2 solo with top 10 and even higher titles

True, but the issue has more to do with lack of players. I wonder how much the sPvP population dropped over the last 2-3 years.

On 4/11/2022 at 9:08 PM, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

This was true about 4 years ago.

Win trading is happening in most games down into even gold 3 and gold 2 nowadays, in NA at least.

This is because the population is so low that p2+ win traders are often queued with and against golds players. The frequency of running into win trade games down into middle gold nowadays is surprisingly high actually.