Are we ignored ? Shortcuts ?

Hi, 

I feel that arena net is a bit ignoring requests from players. I saw a tons of post asking to help us having better shortcut and I can't see any answer from the devs or so. 

I mean, it is not possible to bind shortcuts for the drone and the mount shortcuts are very hard to muscle memory. 

Why not a simple default:
Space goes up
Space+Shift goes down 

Regards

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, kursion.2836 said:

Why not a simple default:
Space goes up
Space+Shift goes down 

Regards

There already is bindings for that. Space goes up and Mount ability 2 goes down. Same controls as skyscale has. You can bind anything on Mount ability 2. Default is C I think.

Edited by Ameepa.6793
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

The jade bot controls are broken, I had a different problem - with the skyscale it uses 1-5 correctly, but with the bot it was using the "dodge backwards" key instead of 4. 

But it's not the only thing that's broken - the skiff control buttons don't work for the mastery-acquired skills...you have to click them. (looks like someone forgot to copy the code across for those)

Edited by Nazarick.9653
  • Like 2

I think arenet devs right now are busy making new expansion and story line and lores. So i expect them to answer players request when new expansion come out

For me the best devs are devs who work in silence. 

Unlike other big game company like blizzard devs they get asked 1 question/request  they answer with very long paragraph but did not answer the question. They say alot but not answering player questions lol 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nazarick.9653 said:

The jade bot controls are broken, I had a different problem - with the skyscale it uses 1-5 correctly, but with the bot it was using the "dodge backwards" key instead of 4. 

But it's not the only thing that's broken - the skiff control buttons don't work for the mastery-acquired skills...you have to click them. (looks like someone forgot to copy the code across for those)

I also have an issue with the Jade Bot using a different down key from the skyscale's down key.  I have special action bound to my dodge key so if I press it my skyscale barrel rolls but I can hit special action 2 to descend.  The Jade Bot descends on my dodge key, and I fumble it every time.

As to the skiff, though, you might be bugged, maybe?  I can click 4 on my keyboard to drop depth charges and 5 to zoom and 6 to scan for fishing holes, I don't have to mouse click them.  Have you remapped your hotbar keys?  I've noticed that they seem to be forcing binds, eg J must be used for whichever you choose of skiff/fish/wp.  If you have J bound to something else then you simply can't hotkey those -- I had it on Raptor since Turtle still lacks a selectable keybind so I had to put Turtle on default instead of Raptor and until I gave Raptor Ctrl-X and put J back on the mastery skill I had to mouseclick to do anything with those three things.  So if you have moved your 1-6 skills onto other keys, it could be they aren't registering for the skiff.

• Like 1

I think part of the problem is that they likely couldn't decide if the skiff was a mount or something else so they didn't lump it in with the mounts. Even if they consider it something else, they could put it's hotkey into the mount section. After all it dismounts with the mount hotkey when your piloting it. I wish they'd move the drop anchor to the innermost weapon slot. I have hotkeys setup for those on my keypad controller. Of course they could start a whole new section for Vehicles to separate them from mounts.

The fishing rod could be added to the novelties / held items section so we could get a hotkey. The Jade bot could be setup in the novelties / travel toys section so we could control it outside of Cantha. The Jade bot personal waypoint needs to be overhauled and merged with the other personal waypoint function so we can leave persistent Jade bot waypoints that survive map/character changes. Of course it would need to be excluded in no-mount / no gliding zones to make use of existing JP blocks. It could cost a chunk of karma to drop but allow for multiple ones around the world. It would make for a big karma sink.

3 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I also have an issue with the Jade Bot using a different down key from the skyscale's down key.  I have special action bound to my dodge key so if I press it my skyscale barrel rolls but I can hit special action 2 to descend.  The Jade Bot descends on my dodge key, and I fumble it every time.

As to the skiff, though, you might be bugged, maybe?  I can click 4 on my keyboard to drop depth charges and 5 to zoom and 6 to scan for fishing holes, I don't have to mouse click them.  Have you remapped your hotbar keys?  I've noticed that they seem to be forcing binds, eg J must be used for whichever you choose of skiff/fish/wp.  If you have J bound to something else then you simply can't hotkey those -- I had it on Raptor since Turtle still lacks a selectable keybind so I had to put Turtle on default instead of Raptor and until I gave Raptor Ctrl-X and put J back on the mastery skill I had to mouseclick to do anything with those three things.  So if you have moved your 1-6 skills onto other keys, it could be they aren't registering for the skiff.

This stuffs me up too - the bot descend being the dodge key. Why isn't it my griffon descend key (not in game so can't see if the skyscale descend and the griffon descend are the same key).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

This stuffs me up too - the bot descend being the dodge key. Why isn't it my griffon descend key (not in game so can't see if the skyscale descend and the griffon descend are the same key).

Skyscale and Griffon actually have different descend keys.  I have my mount action 1 mapped to B and 2 to V.  B is also my Dodge (don't need that while mounted, it does the mount leap/dive/bamf/etc instead of dodging).  On Griffon, B thus makes me dive and V makes me soar, whereas on Skyscale B does a barrel roll and V goes down.  This hasn't been too hard to remember, but since the bot moves more like a skyscale, I keep trying to skyscale down when piloting the bot and nothing happens.

Now if it is bound to the Dodge rather than to a mount key, that explains why it happens to be on my special mount 1 key -- that happens to be my Dodge and I was assuming it was mixing up mount inputs.  However from what you say, your griffon dive and your dodge are different keys and it is the dodge that is being used by the bot.

We really do need added customizable keybinds for all the new game actions.  Hopefully they have that as a project to work on once back from this week's break.

• Like 2