What are you using for your offhand? This is for a specter

JunkJunk.8971

For both condi and power specter DPS I use dagger OH (in PvE & PvP/WvW), twilight combo does far more damage in both power and condi builds in my experience, pistol OH is better for pure support builds in PvE thanks to the CC on Pistol 4 and blinds on 5 but I personally don't run support on specter because atm i have 3 other classes that can do everything support specter does, but like 3x better so I rarely use OH pistol. Endless Night is just.. OK, It was better back in the beta when it could actually provide quickness and hit 3 targets, but since the nerfs it's mainly just annoying to use for DPS because of the unwanted ports and long after cast.

tldr; 99% of the time i run Scepter in MH on slot 1 and Dagger in OH in slot 4 (weapon swap OH) so that i can take advantage of quick pockets to compensate for less initiative.

2 minutes ago, JunkJunk.8971 said:

And then on your other Weapon swap you are using short bow right

In PvP you would want short bow for the ports, in PvE I never run short bow because of quick pockets, and in WvW it varies, sometimes I run Sc/D + shortbow if i need mobility but often I will run sword because it also has ports but that cost less ini. Keep in mind Specter has less ini than other thief builds so you can only use the SB port like once at 6 ini a pop.

As far as I know ironically you don't run bow in PvP with spectre. 

Meta builds point towards sceptar / Dagger + Sword / pistol. 

You halve your initiative I'd imagine short bow just wouldn't be worth it anymore as you no longer have the resources to use it for much 

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PaABwqtjlhySZVsNWLO2WnRXA-zZoKlUChGjgITgeLApHA

This is the build I've been using and gotten pretty good success from it. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

On my main template right now I have Scepter/Pistol with Sword/Dagger, mostly vibing in WvW after work but I bring same builds everywhere. I still have Shadowstep Utility for free climbing but sometimes I do miss Shortbow. Measured Shot is a Shadowstep if you have those modded and Endless Night stream cleaves, plus it can close or create distance under stipulation. I can also Black Powder then go into Shroud for one of the Blasts or Leap to Stealth as long as I'm going through a Shroud sequence anyway but with added Barrier for everyone from the Stealth so I can keep pumping out Rot Wallow Venom. 

Stealth would be more fluid with /Dagger but I like the utility right now.

Edited by kash.9213

On 4/12/2022 at 11:11 AM, Nomad.4301 said:

For both condi and power specter DPS I use dagger OH (in PvE & PvP/WvW), twilight combo does far more damage in both power and condi builds in my experience, pistol OH is better for pure support builds in PvE thanks to the CC on Pistol 4 and blinds on 5 but I personally don't run support on specter because atm i have 3 other classes that can do everything support specter does, but like 3x better so I rarely use OH pistol. Endless Night is just.. OK, It was better back in the beta when it could actually provide quickness and hit 3 targets, but since the nerfs it's mainly just annoying to use for DPS because of the unwanted ports and long after cast.

tldr; 99% of the time i run Scepter in MH on slot 1 and Dagger in OH in slot 4 (weapon swap OH) so that i can take advantage of quick pockets to compensate for less initiative.

curious-- how do you buid a sceptre power build?  

Looks like all the abilitues are condition based, and as such im trying to rationlize how to it a power spec using the sceptre.

thanks

I've mostly been running Sc/P with shortbow in WvW for roaming, usually on full cele because I want a build that takes advantage of as many of specter's strengths in one kit as possible. Shortbow sneak attack or thousand needles plus daze/pull well and torment on interrupt provides a very nice CC chain to set up the damage from shroud, I'm mostly liking cele gear for this since then I get the power damage off the shroud skills too. I've chosen pistol offhand as the 3 is better to support allies with the barrier, it is a beam not a projectile which lets me force cleanses on stuff that otherwise would be reflecting or blocking me & it can't be body blocked, it adds even more immob & slow on top of thousand needles and the smoke field from pistol is nice with shroud 2,3 and 5 for extra stealth access. 

7 hours ago, punahou.3986 said:

curious-- how do you buid a sceptre power build?  

Looks like all the abilitues are condition based, and as such im trying to rationlize how to it a power spec using the sceptre.

thanks

I think most of the utility a power build would get out of scepter mainhand is currently found in Sc/D 3 which is why a lot of the PvP players in this thread are recommending that set. ANet recently nerfed that skill so you'd have to look into how much impact that has on spike damage etc, most PvP streamers I've seen using Sc/D are using either D/P or Sw/P in the offhand for the smoke field. It's a good build, I played P/D & rifle on deadeye for a long time though so for the time being I am happier exploring options that aren't so reliant on projectiles for their main damage. 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741
  • Like 1

Playing Ritualist condi support specter a lot in PvE:

Scepter/Dagger as my main set, always. Reason: Twilight Combo is your bread-and-butter damage output, it's a huge part of your rotation.

I also keep a Pistol with condi stats.

* When I'll need to breakbar a lot (e.g. the Mai Trin / Scarlet strike mission), I put it in my 2nd slot offhand. (So I'm playing Sc/D + Sc/P.)

* When I need to spam immob (e.g. the Harvest Temple adds phases), I put it in my 2nd slot main hand. (So I'm playing Sc/D + P/D.)

For big swarms of enemies, I pop into Shroud and stay there a while, the attacks all cleave a bit.

• Like 1