Untamed - My thoughts now that I'm platinum & advice to other sPvPers

Project exa.3204

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Since we're straying into WvW territory, I'll say I don't see the point for hammerless builds like this when you can just run druid for way better results.  

Trying a true untamed build (with hammer, cantrips, etc.) in WvW is turning out to be an exercise in pain, as even trying to find a hybrid solution is difficult.  

Secondary pets are an issue too because smokescale outperforms by a country mile, and the EoD pets have the responsiveness on swap issue.  Some of the CC pets (E. Wyvern) would be amazing if their skills wern't slow and / or glitched out.  

I mostly use Untamed for small zergs or roaming since I have access to super speed. My play style for WvW is generally to blow all my cooldowns for a massive push into the enemy zerg, or counter there push by barraging my feet.

For larger zergs druid is much better due to the access to root for separating members. The access to might also helps counter boon striping since it will take dilute the boon pool. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

I'd say that Quick Draw is by far the better pick for you 🙂

Thanks for the tip. Pretty valid points there. Will give Quick Draw a go! 😀

3 hours ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

But the primary pet should be a high HP pool pet, like the turtle. So it can actually live and stick around for some of the fighting.

Matches my experience so far.

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I'll say I don't see the point for hammerless builds like this when you can just run druid for way better results.  

Personally, I just like the Untamed's pet control(teleport mainly) and combo-ing Winter's bite with the Axe ambush attack. Talking from a roaming 1v1, 2v2 perspective.  

Please do share a druid build, preferably duelist with condi and traps 🙇‍♂️

Edited by Andruil.3479

One thing I'm glad to see is at least some (mostly) positive and critical feedback on untamed here. Untamed is overdue for tweaking. but it's not nearly as bad as it seemed in the betas and first few weeks of EoD for PvP.  Also interesting is the variety of different builds people are trying with it!

-Eros of Ascalon

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Andruil.3479 said:

Personally, I just like the Untamed's pet control(teleport mainly) and combo-ing Winter's bite with the Axe ambush attack. Talking from a roaming 1v1, 2v2 perspective.  

Please do share a druid build, preferably duelist with condi and traps 🙇‍♂️

I got you covered again, played Druid condi in plat 1/2 the last 3 seasons before untamed!

This is the build I used the most, if I were vs other condition type enemies on side nodes I went with
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUxjlVwsYUMP2JWePlt6SOXaA-z5YfGZqE6VGowB
Else

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUxjlVwmYUMP2JWeP1t6Sk+cA-z5YfGZqE6VGowB

Not sure about Druid trapper in WvW, traps ain't as strong in WvW with how large areas you fight on. 
A classic Bleed druid is super strong tho and you could go something like:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEUiNssA2HzjFyOxy7psVXy5SD-zVZYfRNQGmcwlRBFQlRQvpANgYaD-w

Just mashed in some stat types, but like mix in how much condition dmg and exptertrise you can with defensive stats ect. You get the idea.

You can also do a setup with Shortbow + staff if that's your gem and stack more healing power, so pluage doctor stats

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAUZlFw+YesQ2JWePpt6Sk+cA-zVZYkRF8GmcwlRBFQvJgPTDIm2A-w

1 hour ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

I got you covered again, played Druid condi in plat 1/2 the last 3 seasons before untamed!

Thanks a lot for the input once again! 

In your opinion, is Druid better than Untamed or even SB for roaming (condi, preferably Axe) and sidenoding in sPvP?

How do they differ in your experience?

1 minute ago, Andruil.3479 said:

Thanks a lot for the input once again! 

In your opinion, is Druid better than Untamed or even SB for roaming (condi, preferably Axe) and sidenoding in sPvP?

How do they differ in your experience?

I think you will get different answers from different ranger players tbh. I feel like you can make valid condition builds for Core ranger, Druid, Soulbeast and Untamed and they each bring something different.

Druid can be very oppressive 1vs1 against some enemies that have a hard time dealing with the immobilize spam you can spit out. 
It can also be super fun in some team fights, dropping some AoE heals, condi clear and AoE stealth.
But I feel the 25% stat reduction on pets really limit your options. Iboga as an example is left with barely 12k hp and drops like a fly. 
In WvW with the way you can pick stats yourself you can have some silly high condition dmg and sustian from healing. 

You can make some super sustainy condi soulbeast builds that focus on poison + with a bird pet and sword have great mobility and can zoom around. In WvW celestial stats in particular can make boon focused soulbeast super nasty

Atm I personally prefer the Untamed, partly because it's new and new is fun. But as I said earlier in this thread it brings some nice new tools that works great in the current meta. The projectile destruction, boon rip and corruption, the instant blind when traited, larger control over pets (Some pet types suffer from this, while other benefit). Fervent Force is also just such a fun trait to make builds around 🙂
I'm not sure whatever I would say it's the "best" of the options and in WvW roaming it certainly lacks the in combat mobility of Soulbeast and it can't match the sustain of the druid. But it got the tools to deal with popular roamers like a Power pew pew longbow soulbeast 🙂

Atm I personally prefer the Untamed, partly because it's new and new is fun.

I feel the same as well. I used to play power SB and I'm having a lot of fun with Untamed atm but I prefere the condi variant as it gives more stat benefits than say berserker or marauder. Also, I feel like I'm constantly doing something with condi vs power which can be more punishing if people know how to dodge your skills.

Fervent Force is also just such a fun trait to make builds around

any builds with condi & fervent force?

Thank you so much for the feedback 😀

12 minutes ago, Andruil.3479 said:

I feel the same as well. I used to play power SB and I'm having a lot of fun with Untamed atm but I prefere the condi variant as it gives more stat benefits than say berserker or marauder. Also, I feel like I'm constantly doing something with condi vs power which can be more punishing if people know how to dodge your skills.

any builds with condi & fervent force?

Thank you so much for the feedback 😀

The Untamed builds i posted all do condi + Fervent Force.

I use quick draw for shortbow #5 and warhorn #5 that both counts towards Fervent Force. i also abuse the heck out of spile trap and its short cd for it.

Also remember that the unleashed pet skills counts as your skills do Fervent Force apply to them for reduction of cd