Beetle Racing throughout Tyria [RACE] Beetle League Racing Team & Tyria Drift [DRFT]

Dyers.1567

That rope pulley is a pita lol

I will update this one thread here with more Beetle racing vids over the next few months. There are so many tracks and designs that are amazing.

You can take classes with RACE members. Some are Beetle Mentors (Some of their best racers actually) and teach in game.

When I am more energetic I will visit your hall again. Everyone, it is pretty awesome.Well worth the time to see! 👍

Edited by Dyers.1567
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the videos that got me started building tracks. I was wondering, how the hell and what is going on??, in GW2. 🤔

This is RACE (Beetle League Racing Team) I do not know who designed this track but it is well done. A Garfried video. Many of these (RACE) racers are from the EU but there is a strong NA presence as well. One of the many reasons players wish to have the ability to join more guild halls at once; to race, share tracks and design.

Edited by Dyers.1567
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dyers.1567 changed the title to Beetle Racing in EoD on the Isle? GDT (Green Dragon Tavern) Raceway. Beetle League Racing Team [RACE]
On 10/7/2022 at 6:58 AM, Dyers.1567 said:

Wish I could be that decent at corner drifting 😔 Half the time I overshot sharp cornering or did it prematurely. Anyway, looks like a mixed of old and new racetracks isn't that bad afterall. I thought they would look awful but they merged in nicely in the video.

So far, this is the only on-the-ground racetrack I have seen in IoR. I like the way it blended with the buildings, trees and water instead of boarding everything up with tracks, blocking the nice scenic surroundings. Oh I nearly forgot that the ending part of Dyers's GDT racetracks blended well into the environment too.

This is why half of my GH tracks are built on the ground to race on natural environment like the ones in the open World. I prefer it that way. Idk, perhaps my racing speed is slow enough to enjoy the scenery LOL

Beautiful Jaderoad, I like it. Thanks for sharing, Dyers/Andur 🙂

PS   I think we will never get that Holographic Curved Ramp. I did said this when they first released those new tracks. Anything broken, unpolished or missing related to Guild Hall decorations, never get a fix before. It's really sad.

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Amazing kiLLeR415TV creation. OLLO Speedfall, Sewers and Empress Alley - Guildhall
Had to share this new track by Killer a little earlier than my weekly posted updates.
He just finished creating and uploading to youtube and Beetlerank.
Enjoy. This is a pretty awesome track and great deco use.
Edited by Dyers.1567
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 3:15 AM, MintyMin.2718 said:

Wish I could be that decent at corner drifting 😔 Half the time I overshot sharp cornering or did it prematurely. Anyway, looks like a mixed of old and new racetracks isn't that bad afterall. I thought they would look awful but they merged in nicely in the video.

Oh, I see I'm late to the party again, lol.

But thanks, I'm glad you like Jaderoad.

If you struggle with drifting I must recommend watching Arydae's new tutorial. It puts everything important into a nutshell and is very helpful, imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2022 at 4:16 PM, Andur.9275 said:

Oh, I see I'm late to the party again, lol.

But thanks, I'm glad you like Jaderoad.

If you struggle with drifting I must recommend watching Arydae's new tutorial. It puts everything important into a nutshell and is very helpful, imo.

Thank you Andur for the video guide. Do I really have to use the A and D keys for sharp cornering? I use W for forward, C for skid, V for boost and the mouse for turning.

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

Thank you Andur for the video guide. Do I really have to use the A and D keys for sharp cornering? I use W for forward, C for skid, V for boost and the mouse for turning.

Using turn or strafe keys will turn the beetle and therefore reduce the amount of camera movement you will have to do with the mouse during the setup phase, so I would recommend using a and d. 😊

Just try to repeat, what Arydae does in the guide and you will see, you will be able to pull off drifts more and more consistently even in sharp turns.

Also I would recommend assigning the keys for boosting, drifting and jumping in a way that you easily are able to press them either separately or at the same time if necessary. That's the reason I changed the standard setting, because pressing C or V might trigger spacebar for jumping as well.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 10:12 PM, Andur.9275 said:

Using turn or strafe keys will turn the beetle and therefore reduce the amount of camera movement you will have to do with the mouse during the setup phase, so I would recommend using a and d. 😊

Just try to repeat, what Arydae does in the guide and you will see, you will be able to pull off drifts more and more consistently even in sharp turns.

Also I would recommend assigning the keys for boosting, drifting and jumping in a way that you easily are able to press them either separately or at the same time if necessary. That's the reason I changed the standard setting, because pressing C or V might trigger spacebar for jumping as well.

Guess I'll have to start all over again and get used to using A & D 🙁 Hopefully I can adept.

Thank you. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is in 2021, I missed it. How about the 2022 World Cup runs? Are they all over? I have always wanted to witness an actual race. I guess you guys keep it as a closed event for fear of overwhelming present of spectators and that may cause lags? Maybe have a closed invitational one 😛? I know RACE organises regular racing events but they run in EU server 🙁

Anyway, another awesome race hall 🙂 I noticed that my racetrack finishing point is where two of the track builders here made that area their starting points. It looks fun to make use of that hanging bridge and downward spiral slope to pick up speed. Wish ANet could expand our decoration limit (additional 100~200 pieces is good enough) and I could extend and divert my tracks to many places.

Thanks again Dyers and please keep these videos coming 🥰

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope it's ok that I post just one vid? I have this video saved in my favorites for a long time and this is a super cool track built in Glided Hollow. Lots of diversities and surprises and the dark gloomy environment in Glided Hollow Hall turns this into a midnight run 😀 It's looks tough and definitely built for the pro racers.

I love it ❤️

Edited by MintyMin.2718
typos
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

This is in 2021, I missed it. How about the 2022 World Cup runs? Are they all over? I have always wanted to witness an actual race. I guess you guys keep it as a closed event for fear of overwhelming present of spectators and that may cause lags? Maybe have a closed invitational one 😛? I know RACE organises regular racing events but they run in EU server 🙁

Anyway, another awesome race hall 🙂 I noticed that my racetrack finishing point is where two of the track builders here made that area their starting points. It looks fun to make use of that hanging bridge and downward spiral slope to pick up speed. Wish ANet could expand our decoration limit (additional 100~200 pieces is good enough) and I could extend and divert my tracks to many places.

Thanks again Dyers and please keep these videos coming 🥰

After the EoD release some changes were made to the smaller-scale race event structure and the current race tournaments are open for everyone on EU to attend, whenever one is available.

There may also be a World Cup coming next year, there were none this year and for now the organizers are taking a breather from the race events. Something like a world cup is by no means a closed event, there would be qualifiers open for everyone who is able to attend both on the EU and NA sides on a couple of dates. The following regional finals and later the world finals would obviously then be held behind closed doors with all the racers who previously qualified for each final. People would be able to spectate via a live stream on Twitch or view it later from the recorded footage.

It'll surely be a bit different next time, but things should follow the pre-established formula for open world qualifiers like below:

(yes with full squads it gets a bit laggy)

The organizers keep tabs on who finishes in what position up to a point, and then arrange the scoring accordingly. There are around 3-4 races and people win/qualify based on their total score. Then the top X from those racers proceed to the regional finals, which are held in a guild hall at a later date.

Edited by Reaper.3871
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1