What's with the damage?

Thoughness means very little in this game. 

Aktiv gameplay is way more important for your survival then passiv stats. 

If you died in less then 1 second, then that means a single dodge would have covered the entire burst you took. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
Fixed a word
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Pull into stunbreak into second pull in that 1 second knock down of second pull 18k health with 3k toughness gone.

Very skill based.....lol....as most 1 shot games are.

Lets face it, GW2 has the PvP reputation it does for a reason......

And this expansion has done nothing to help it would seem....

Edited by Luclinraider.2317
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

ery skill based.....lol....as most 1 shot games are.

wut? They call it Sustainwars 2 for a reason.  If you die in under a second.... you just ate a OMEGA burst, without reacting to it. Did you get bursted by a Dragonhunter? or wait.. cant be DH... they just have 1 pull... What did you die to?

Also... 3k Toughness???  HOW!? 😄 There is no such thing than having 3k Toughness in pvp! There is no such thing than having 3k Toughness anywhere in Gw2. I think even Fullministrels in WvW is like... idk 2.5k Toughness....  There is no way on earth you can have 3k toughness.

you can have 3k armor at best.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Pull into stunbreak into second pull in that 1 second knock down of second pull 18k health with 3k toughness gone.

And now imagine that all classes got nothing but nerfs over the last 2 years. 

People survived back then, people can survive now. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Toughness is a useless stat. 

is it?

i sometimes play Shortbowshiro. I play it with 2 diffrent builds.

Berserkeramulet+Divinityruner or Demolisheramulet+Dolyakrune

The one build has 1000 toughness and the other one has... idk 1700 or something.

I 100% feel a difference in survivability between the two.

Vitality is better than toughness no arguing there. Stacking Toughness is useless, especially if you dont have vita. Because of the nonlinearity of Toughness it sure does help to have a littlebit of toughness, but stacking it is a waste of stats.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

There is nothing in this game that can execute 2 pulls within a second. You cannot have 3k thoughness period. Were you playing GW2 when this happened to you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

is it?

The one build has 1000 toughness and the other one has... idk 1700 or something.

Vitality is better than toughness no arguing there. Stacking Toughness is useless, especially if you dont have vita. Because of the nonlinearity of Toughness it sure does help to have a littlebit of toughness, but stacking it is a waste of stats.

Well. Good gameplay + Thoughness + passiv heal from the rune works wonders for survival. 

4 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

i dont fully understand what goes thru peoples mind. He claims in this post that he has gotten pulled twice... which is outright impossible... and that he got oneshotted while having 3k toughnes... which again is just... not possible. Then he claims that Gw2 is... a "1 shot game" when in reality we are playing sustainwars 2.....

2 straight lies followed by what must surely be in the "top 3 most unreasonable statements of the day"....

How on earth can someone think...:     YES!     THIS IS IT!       I VOTE "Thanks"!🤡

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

He claims in this post that he has gotten pulled twice... which is outright impossible...

It's possible:

- DragonHunter: GS skill#5 + F1.

- Reaper: GS skill#5 + spectral grasp.

- Thief: You can get a pull sometime on thieve guild + scorpion wire

- Chrono: Well of gravity + into the void

- Specter's shadowfall

I don't know why people would use such things but granted that he got "killed in 1s" he shouldn't be high on the ladder and everything is possible down there.

Also a bad ping can feel like you've been pull a hundred time in a split second when you're merely immobilized.

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

and that he got oneshotted while having 3k toughnes... which again is just... not possible.

Theoretically, you can reach way beyond 3k toughness with catalyst thanks to rabid amulet, dolyack runes, 250 from rock barrier, 180 from earth shield and elemental empowerment. (even without rock barrier, while wielding earth shield you can be at 3072 toughness for all that's worth)

Also with a bad ping you can always feel like you've died in a second.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP's 3k toughness would be something like Warrior with Dolyak Runes, Demolisher's Amulet,  dolyak signet, and Rousing Resilience. They broke the stun from the first pull, so RR would have given +1000 toughness for 2980 toughness. Still only 20k-22k HP. Probably got pulled into Test of Faith, then walked out of it, only to be pulled back into it. 

1 hour ago, memausz.7264 said:

The devs designed the new elite specs broken so people would buy the expansion and are gradually tuning them to a more balanced state over the course of probably the next two years.

Willbender and Catalyst were unplayably bad on EoD release. Does typing falsehoods make people feel better? This is a different dev-team, and what they delivered is also much different from PoF.
Some e-specs were overtuned, some were undertuned... man it's almost like the devs have no such agenda. Could it be that they just suck at finetuning?

• Thanks 5

3 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Toughness only worth it with the heals to back it up and base healing isnt great.

Also if you dont think its possible to be chain cc'd and die in 4 seconds you havent played vs good players.

You can die even faster in the current meta if you try hard enough. I've taken a 10k backstab into 2x 7k HS when I was playing Zerker Ammie on Reaper just last week.

• Haha 2

Imagine when your crying about get a oneshot to yourself calling for power nerfs.   Bruh this games power damage is allready hard nerfed if you cant dodge skills thats not the games fault. Also nerfing classes even more would only help players that have no idea how to dodge high telegraphed skills and made this game even more spamy than it actually is.

Conclution: No another hard hammered nerf to whole damage in game wouldnt help. All it would doing is pushing builds like mechanist/pet ranger/Minion Nekro into meta and this are 100% the builds you do NOT wana see been meta in a pvp mode xd!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

is it?

I main ele, specifically fresh air ele. If I go for any amulet that doesn't have a vit Stat it becomes worthless for that toon. Having only 11.9k life to start with means any kind of defense Stat, vitality is much nore needed and  over shadows toughness 100% of the time. At least

if I use demolishors amulets i get 2500armor and can be one shot by anyone. But if I go marauder or assassin amulet I can either get the kill first or survive their burst. Anything less then 15k hp is meltable way to fast imo.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630

14 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Also... 3k Toughness???  HOW!? 😄 There is no such thing than having 3k Toughness in pvp! There is no such thing than having 3k Toughness anywhere in Gw2. I think even Fullministrels in WvW is like... idk 2.5k Toughness....  There is no way on earth you can have 3k toughness.

It's actually possible under very specific circumstances to have 3k toughness in PvP like @Lan Deathrider.5910said

Warrior with rabid amulet, toughness rune, and Rousing Resilience. For 4 whole seconds after a stunbreak, you get like 3.2k toughness. It will also kind of heal you barely. Its pretty much the neatest thing since sliced bread and curved swords, but I must still recommend cleansing ire instead if you actually happen to be a Defense Warrior.

7 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Toughness only worth it with the heals to back it up and base healing isnt great.

And this is the truth of it. You can definitely make toughness work really well in CmC's slogfest, but if you're trying to use it to bunker and not just to stay alive a bit longer, then you need good sustain to pair with it.

Try stacking up on damage mitigating effects like block, invuln, evade, etc and min-max condi cleanse. Take a truly ludicrous amount of condi cleanse. Invest everything into condi cleanse and then invest the earnings back into condi cleanse.

And also forget about damage entirely. When you're main stat toughness, doing damage is a low priority. Instead take weapon skills with lots of blocks and hard & soft CC. 

10 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I main ele, specifically fresh air ele. If I go for any amulet that doesn't have a vit Stat it becomes worthless for that toon. Having only 11.9k life to start with means any kind of defense Stat, vitality is much nore needed and  over shadows toughness 100% of the time. At least

if I use demolishors amulets i get 2500armor and can be one shot by anyone. But if I go marauder or assassin amulet I can either get the kill first or survive their burst. Anything less then 15k hp is meltable way to fast imo.

i play my Freshair with Berserker / Divinity and the 1-2-3 in Weaver. You will have enough hp that way. not sure how much exactly i think 157000 or something. This works for me. Marauder does noodle damage, imo. Its just so frustrating to hit a 2.5k Pheonixtooth with marauder xD

I'd love to have a better breakdown on what killed me.

Once upon a time I got hit from full shroud to downed in about 1 second.

That's about a 50k burst that I have no idea where the hell it came from.

It's less about being mad about being one shot and more about knowing "the kitten was that?!" I think one of the things that hit me was a revenant.

Edited by Ziegrif.5964
  • Like 1