What's that fox mount looking thing in the Latin America gem card 20% off ad?

Zoot.7190

The 20% off gem cards for Latin Ameria ad on the Gw2 front page etc. has something that looks like a fox mount which isn't familiar to me, so I'm curious if someone can tell me if it's a thing.

Doesn't look to me like the Shrine Guardian or Vabbian Lightpaw.

Tnx.

A straight-up fox skin (for the Jackal presumably) is something that has definitely been missing and people effing LOVE foxes == $$$$ so I'm going to guess this is a teaser for an upcoming mount skin pack.

It also makes sense as part of a Cantha-themed mount license set.

I had looked through the skins page on the Wiki just to make sure I hadn't slept through something.

Edited by Zoot.7190
  • Like 2

The imagery might have been provided by hype games themselves. Because the email blast wasn't proofread to catch the 'next expansion before february' part, I got a feeling the ad was provided at the last minute too. My past work experience dealt with that frequently. It's frustrating.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zoot.7190 said:

The 20% off gem cards for Latin Ameria ad on the Gw2 front page etc. has something that looks like a fox mount which isn't familiar to me, so I'm curious if someone can tell me if it's a thing.

Doesn't look to me like the Shrine Guardian or Vabbian Lightpaw.

Tnx.

I was wondering the same. After i saw that i checked the gemstore ingame for new fox-skins. I wonder if this is just Marketing or a hint for the future. I love my schrieb guard, but i would also love a more plain red-fox ><.

• Like 1

They're not existing jackal skins.

The back one looks like the lucent sands jackal but doesn't have the stone parts around the body. There's nothing like the other two. You could possibly dye the desert shiba to match the colours of the fox, but the tail is a different shape and the pattern is slightly different too. There's nothing like the striped one.

Also all 3 are using the same saddle as the recently released tiger jackal, which none of the others have.

7 hours ago, Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

I'm assuming it's going to be a 3-pack of (presumably jackal) skins released sometime in the coming weeks, like the bird springers from a few weeks ago.

That's my guess too.

Either the new mount skins were supposed to be out at the same time as this promotion and got delayed for some reason or they're deliberately using it to tease an upcoming item.

• Like 1