Summer Changes for Revenant

Innocent.3861

On 4/20/2022 at 9:12 AM, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

I really hope they finish the animations for Vindicator for the patch. I consistently can't tell when I'm on my third 1 attack since it looks just like a normal auto, with Necro Reaper it is 100% obvious since you do a big ice swing.

Arche's nomad advance animation looks like you should be slamming your weapon onto the ground but your weapon just disappears during the animation.

Enough has been said about the greatsword 4 post-block animation.

GS 2 should also be some sort of slam animation.

Greatsword 5 should be where we stab the sword into the ground, causing the eruptions. Either that or we throw the sword up in the air and it comes back down on its own? I don't know the reaper animation just looks silly.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Greatsword 5 should be where we stab the sword into the ground, causing the eruptions. Either that or we throw the sword up in the air and it comes back down on its own? I don't know the reaper animation just looks silly.

Honestly I love the animation. I get that it's a bit annoying that it's the same as Gravedigger, but I have always had a particular fondness for it and think it looks epic, and fitting for a big hitter skill. Greatsword 2 though? Can't say I'm a fan of that one.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Honestly I love the animation. I get that it's a bit annoying that it's the same as Gravedigger, but I have always had a particular fondness for it and think it looks epic, and fitting for a big hitter skill. Greatsword 2 though? Can't say I'm a fan of that one.

I feel the weapon is under-developed as a whole, along with vindicator. But then I mean Im comparing it to herald that up until they gutted it was by far more fluid and fun to use. Just another spec I won't play, right up there with renegade lol

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

I feel the weapon is under-developed as a whole, along with vindicator. But then I mean Im comparing it to herald that up until they gutted it was by far more fluid and fun to use. Just another spec I won't play, right up there with renegade lol

I find it majorly disappointing that the GS3 movement range bug is still in game and wasn't fixed after the first beta, but beyond that the weapon seems totally serviceable to me. I think if they were to fix that, the kit would feel a lot more complete.

I totally get what you mean about Herald's fluidity, though I feel that the more I have played Vindi and really get the hang of alliance swapping, the more fluid and fun it becomes. As a support it feels quite good, though I think that's due to really high numbers on St Viktor with low energy costs. As a DPS I have watched some really impressive plays with it from good Revs on streams, but I suspect that the learning curve is rather high on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

I find it majorly disappointing that the GS3 movement range bug is still in game and wasn't fixed after the first beta, but beyond that the weapon seems totally serviceable to me. I think if they were to fix that, the kit would feel a lot more complete.

I totally get what you mean about Herald's fluidity, though I feel that the more I have played Vindi and really get the hang of alliance swapping, the more fluid and fun it becomes. As a support it feels quite good, though I think that's due to really high numbers on St Viktor with low energy costs. As a DPS I have watched some really impressive plays with it from good Revs on streams, but I suspect that the learning curve is rather high on it.

I feel like it might be, but honestly the moment they announced the spec I was instantly turned off. Mainly because it was two mor humans; Of which are not nearly as noteworthy as the one we had. (Lets be honest they did the killing blow on shiro, but they did not do the work. Nika did that.) 

I wanted a norn legend, I wanted either svanir (more so him) or asgeir. I feel like this spec is overall kinda bleh; Alliance swapping ontop of legend swap is just bad design. The weapon is alright but honestly its not that great? It could've been better. The dodge is dumb and I have yet to fight a vindi and actually feel threatened. I guess in terms of its aesthetic and concept its neat but I still think they should've been two separate legends. 

I guess I shouldn't of expected much. I haven't played my rev as much since EoD came out; Honestly Herald feels weak right now and I can't be bothered to play renegade (Nah, never gonna happen) And Vindi is the same to me. So many cool options we could've went with (like Kanaxai ...?) Or something for a canthan legend and they chose this.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

On 4/19/2022 at 12:41 AM, Angesombre.4630 said:

I'm sorry I read nerf for June, I always hope I'm wrong but my hope is at an all time low since the last patches. Especially after taking away all flavor from the revenant for a few months.

And the flavour will be always to what has best dps and boon duration no matter what changes they come up.

And Anet as been focusing on alot of players to have perma boons since every ends in boons...

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

I feel like it might be, but honestly the moment they announced the spec I was instantly turned off. Mainly because it was two mor humans; Of which are not nearly as noteworthy as the one we had. (Lets be honest they did the killing blow on shiro, but they did not do the work. Nika did that.) 

I wanted a norn legend, I wanted either svanir (more so him) or asgeir. I feel like this spec is overall kinda bleh; Alliance swapping ontop of legend swap is just bad design. The weapon is alright but honestly its not that great? It could've been better. The dodge is dumb and I have yet to fight a vindi and actually feel threatened. I guess in terms of its aesthetic and concept its neat but I still think they should've been two separate legends. 

I guess I shouldn't of expected much. I haven't played my rev as much since EoD came out; Honestly Herald feels weak right now and I can't be bothered to play renegade (Nah, never gonna happen) And Vindi is the same to me. So many cool options we could've went with (like Kanaxai ...?) Or something for a canthan legend and they chose this.

I'm with you: I also wanted a norn legend, or at least a villainous/evil one. I think I remember reading your concept for a Svanir legend back a while ago, and I was completely on board with the general concept. If they do another round of e-specs for the next expac, I am really really hoping for something along those lines. 

I get where you are coming from though. When Renegade was released, I was so disheartened to even playing the class because I hated everything about the elite spec (AoE spam, AI dependence, visual mishmash eyesore, a horribly designed weapon at the time, the trivialization of alacrity), and quit it for a little while in favor of Soulbeast (release Soulbeast with pet-swap was some of the most fun gameplay ever). I am generally fine with and indifferent to Vindicator, but can understand why people are disappointed with it.

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

I'm with you: I also wanted a norn legend, or at least a villainous/evil one. I think I remember reading your concept for a Svanir legend back a while ago, and I was completely on board with the general concept. If they do another round of e-specs for the next expac, I am really really hoping for something along those lines. 

I get where you are coming from though. When Renegade was released, I was so disheartened to even playing the class because I hated everything about the elite spec (AoE spam, AI dependence, visual mishmash eyesore, a horribly designed weapon at the time, the trivialization of alacrity), and quit it for a little while in favor of Soulbeast (release Soulbeast with pet-swap was some of the most fun gameplay ever). I am generally fine with and indifferent to Vindicator, but can understand why people are disappointed with it.

I appreciate that, I didn't realize anyone had actually remembered that. 

I don't hate the spec it's just not what I expected or wanted I guess? I dunno.. I feel like they've ruined so much of this class and it just doesn't feel like it used too, doesn't feel good to play anymore. Which sucks because now I don't have a class that I love to play anymore 😕

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

I appreciate that, I didn't realize anyone had actually remembered that. 

I don't hate the spec it's just not what I expected or wanted I guess? I dunno.. I feel like they've ruined so much of this class and it just doesn't feel like it used too, doesn't feel good to play anymore. Which sucks because now I don't have a class that I love to play anymore 😕

I have a kitten memory for the most part, but certain things like that tend to stick in my brain lol.

And yeah I get that. I've found that breaks--either from the class or game as a whole--can oftentimes reinvigorate my love/appreciation of my favorite builds to play. A lot of the time it's just burnout speaking, for myself at least. Not saying that to invalidate your critiques.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

I have a kitten memory for the most part, but certain things like that tend to stick in my brain lol.

And yeah I get that. I've found that breaks--either from the class or game as a whole--can oftentimes reinvigorate my love/appreciation of my favorite builds to play. A lot of the time it's just burnout speaking, for myself at least. Not saying that to invalidate your critiques.

I feel that, I just came back with the EoD launch with my partner, and we've been going through the living world and catching her up. But I miss my rev and I just can't stand how it feels right now as compared to years prior; I think honestly they need to revert a good chunk of changes and if that means we eat some lower damage for incensed response and our weapon sigil procs as well some of our other utility to come back? Then so be It. Whatever it takes to make the class feel good again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just my opinion that ANET now hard to find solution for Rev

why?
i personally feel Rev  start with. buff/debuff concept while War is Power  and Guardians is def concept 

so Elite try to change Rev while maintain concept . But… It is difficult…

herald : buff boon major / Regen heal

kalla : debuff major / medium heal

vindy : solo buff with frequent daze interruptions /  frequent heal with mass amount. 

so it is tiny light for solo pvp ( except Rev expert).  Good for team sustain and break enemy tempo by all mean 

As many comments about GS

i wish GS4 True strike has faster action from 3/4 to be 1/4 sec . It take Tai me to activate. I should rename it to be “missing- strike.”

Alliance joke stances should have never come as damage/support. It was designed to fail hard on it face. 0 reason to swap to blue if u dps and vice versa. And the whole swap in swap idea is ret...... on it own just like any user who even suggested it in feedback

Wanna see how its properly being done look at king arthur from Smite

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Alliance joke stances should have never come as damage/support. It was designed to fail hard on it face. 0 reason to swap to blue if u dps and vice versa. And the whole swap in swap idea is ret...... on it own just like any user who even suggested it in feedback

Wanna see how its properly being done look at king arthur from Smite

Both should be offensive, Victor should never have utilities that scale with defensive stats wich invalidades power stats from Arch and vice versa, unless one plays celestials or hybrid stats wich invalidates what games needs/enforces u to play wich is min max in one or another... 

Victor should be based on defensive movement utils but still be very offensive..: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Urn_of_Saint_Viktor_(skill).

IC more minstrells Vindicators than DPS ones.. LOL another want to be carried spec by minstrells....

• Confused 2

tbh they should just remove core revs alac & make heralds booning hit 10 again in PvE again. Would it be good then? Yes. Would it be op, or even meta in PvE? Not anywhere close.

With the loss of core revs Alac, they could simply give vindicator a trait to give quickness ,without creating an broken spec like old chrono. Then revs would be capable of doing everything, like Guardian, Mesmer and Engineer.

Edited by Virdo.1540
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Revive topic. for summer change , I wish 

1. Acolyte of Torment. Increase torment damage from 10% to 20% Now Rev is too weak in condi after torment rework.

2. Hardening persistence.  Shield skill remove 2 conditions instead of 1

3. Invoke torment apply to alliance tactics ( just dream)

4. If duelist preparations attached back to sw4 , it might be good. ( i guess ANET remove it coz he want player use shield instead of sw4)

5 shield 5 will not cancel while moving like staff3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Summer curse is on point. Devastation doesnt have much options but invo still does(atleast in pvp/wvw).

Mace is still good and no rng on it

Shortbow is the same

Mabye jalis costs will rise while effectivness goes down. 

We will see. Tbh i still have little bit of hope.

• Haha 2

At least for pve we need more buffs not nerfs;-; buffs for vindicator, buffs for herald, personally i wanna see sigil change reverted back.. and the thing is the more people point out the weak spots of rev, the more its likely to receive those buffs on summer patch.. afterall it all comes from community response about the class what anet would do next with it (at least in some way).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5