Summer Changes for Revenant

Innocent.3861

16 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

At least for pve we need more buffs not nerfs;-; buffs for vindicator, buffs for herald, personally i wanna see sigil change reverted back.. and the thing is the more people point out the weak spots of rev, the more its likely to receive those buffs on summer patch.. afterall it all comes from community response about the class what anet would do next with it (at least in some way).

I would say the sigil on legend swap should be fixed across all classes(on other item swaps)or none, it still works on others....

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bigger numbers for Power builds all around. I'm not too sure where to begin for this one: bigger raw numbers? Bigger power coefficients? Hard to say. Viper's a thing so you don't want to push that to even more ridiculous strengths...but buffing power will indirectly buff Viper's, so. 🤷‍♀️
  • At the very least, bigger numbers for Vindicator would be nice; if it's going to be a Greedy DPS spec with little to no utility to bring to a group's table, it needs to justify its existence with big numbers or else you have the issue of commanders going "welllll I'd rather have the Quickbrand/Scourge/Renegade that has less numbers but is a walking toolbox".
  • Undoing the damage nerf to Battle Scars in PvE would be nice. Maybe a buff, even? Nerfing the sustain, it's annoying but I get it.
  • Add a second dodge to Vindicator. Make the Big Landing Dodge a unique "dodge attack" on an internal cooldown. You still incentivize "aggressive dodging" but Vindicators also aren't kittened when they don't have to choose between saving dodge to Not Die and saving dodge to Add To Rotation.
  • Alternatively: make the Crashing Dodge a passive ability that modifies your normal Dodge and the skill has a normal0ish cooldown and energy cost. Same as above, you can have your cake and eat it too.
  • Herald Facets, imho, need a minor rework. There's too much to say but the short of it is that they feel old when you use them in how underwhelming their maintained boons and Facet Consumptions are.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/22/2022 at 7:12 PM, Thornwolf.9721 said:

I feel the weapon is under-developed as a whole, along with vindicator. But then I mean Im comparing it to herald that up until they gutted it was by far more fluid and fun to use. Just another spec I won't play, right up there with renegade lol

I wished for GS on Rev since class introduction, but after I saw boring and copy-pasted GS... just dropped the game all-together. Keep returning (once in few month) with hope - reworked (+animations) GS... but still no, as I see 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

Mainly play Power Shiro/Glint build power Herald in competitive modes (well, played - now Willbender is everything I wanted Power Herald to be, sadly) and played it for years. So that's where my insight comes from. I'm jaded AF.

I'll just write what changes I'd like to see because honestly I lost hope for this class; it'll probably get nerfed even more.

- It needs better condition management, it needs better ways of dealing with CC. Right now, best way to destroy Power Herald is to load it with condies and CC. That's it. Just play around their Glint heal and when they've used it - BAM. Spam kitten. Bring back breaking stuns on legend swap, or give us some stability when we swap. Give us A condition cleanse, and no, using traited shield doesn't count because...

- Shield is crap. 4 heals a little and give some protection. Big deal. Could be a CC, any CC. 5 heals and cleanses some condies if traited. BUT IT ROOTS YOU IN PLACE. Enemies just wait it out and then continue spamming AIDS on you. Just copy Warrior's shield at this point, seeing how you copied skills in EoD.

- Hammer is crap, weapon swap sigil "fix" is crap. Power Herald is crap in PVE, nobody plays it.

I wanted to write more but then realized that I don't care too much any more, so I'm just going to leave this here and go back to playing Willbender.

Edited by Flying.6509
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, Flying.6509 said:

Mainly play Power Shiro/Glint build power Herald in competitive modes (well, played - now Willbender is everything I wanted Power Herald to be, sadly) and played it for years. So that's where my insight comes from. I'm jaded AF.

I'll just write what changes I'd like to see because honestly I lost hope for this class; it'll probably get nerfed even more.

- It needs better condition management, it needs better ways of dealing with CC. Right now, best way to destroy Power Herald is to load it with condies and CC. That's it. Just play around their Glint heal and when they've used it - BAM. Spam kitten. Bring back breaking stuns on legend swap, or give us some stability when we swap. Give us A condition cleanse, and no, using traited shield doesn't count because...

- Shield is crap. 4 heals a little and give some protection. Big deal. Could be a CC, any CC. 5 heals and cleanses some condies if traited. BUT IT ROOTS YOU IN PLACE. Enemies just wait it out and then continue spamming AIDS on you. Just copy Warrior's shield at this point, seeing how you copied skills in EoD.

- Hammer is crap, weapon swap sigil "fix" is crap. Power Herald is crap in PVE, nobody plays it.

I wanted to write more but then realized that I don't care too much any more, so I'm just going to leave this here and go back to playing Willbender.

Rerolling char means nothing. If unhappy people started qutting on left and right dropping overall game popularity they would fix balance in no time and most likely even replace current meme balance devs with proper ones. They might be cool guys and all but when their decisions would hurt the game revenue  "were best buddies with management case" wont apply anymore

Edited by Scoobaniec.9561
  • Like 3

On 5/27/2022 at 1:03 PM, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Rerolling char means nothing. If unhappy people started qutting on left and right dropping overall game popularity they would fix balance in no time and most likely even replace current meme balance devs with proper ones. They might be cool guys and all but when their decisions would hurt the game revenue  "were best buddies with management case" wont apply anymore

Actually, there is lots of evidence that suggests Anet cares how much specs are played or not played that do result in changes being made to those specs to adjust that played level. So people 'rerolling char' ... that does mean something.

I'm not expecting alot of changes. Revenant just isn't as bad a class as people say it is. There is room for improvement if Anet wants more people to play it's healing options. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Actually, there is lots of evidence that suggests Anet cares how much specs are played or not played that do result in changes being made to those specs to adjust that played level. So people 'rerolling char' ... that does mean something.

I'm not expecting alot of changes. Revenant just isn't as bad a class as people say it is. There is room for improvement if Anet wants more people to play it's healing options. 

🥱🥱🥱

Idc what u or "anet" may think. Facts remains the same with warrior being least played (a warrior, one of most popular classes in rpgs) followed closery by rev which plays nothing compared to it release in 2015. Cooldowns for thief weapon skills when? Bc its exactly the same scenatio here just switched with utilities.

And again u cant tell me what anet suggest or thinks cuz being a developer doesnt translate to being omnipotent cuz if that was the case game would be bug free😆 or is it anet that leave bugs on a purpose?🤔😲

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

🥱🥱🥱

Idc what u or "anet" may think. Facts remains the same with warrior being least played (a warrior, one of most popular classes in rpgs) followed closery by rev which plays nothing compared to it release in 2015. Cooldowns for thief weapon skills when? Bc its exactly the same scenatio here just switched with utilities.

And again u cant tell me what anet suggest or thinks cuz being a developer doesnt translate to being omnipotent cuz if that was the case game would be bug free😆 or is it anet that leave bugs on a purpose?🤔😲

It's not about what I think. Again, there is no debate here. Anet measures how much specs are played and makes adjustments to those specs if they aren't played as much or too much for their targets. That's not something to argue about. So when you try to imply people changing classes or rerolling char doesn't matter, you are wrong. It does. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It's not about what I think. Again, there is no debate here. Anet measures how much specs are played and makes adjustments to those specs if they aren't played as much or too much for their targets. That's not something to argue about. So when you try to say people changing classes doesn't matter, you are wrong. It does. 

It's not about what anet thinks. Again, there is no debate here. Anet dont measures how much specs are played and dont makes adjustments to those specs if they aren't played as much or too much for their targets. That's not something to argue about. So when you try to say people changing classes doesn't matter, you arent wrong. It does not. 

Edited by Scoobaniec.9561
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Anet dont measures how much specs are played and dont makes adjustments to those specs if they aren't played as much or too much for their targets.

Yes, they absolutely do. Try reading some patch notes once in a while. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

I doubt playing the role of ignorant victim is a compelling argument to Anet for change. If people want to deny what Anet tells them in patch notes, they can. That doesn't mean it's not there or it's not true. 

The fact remains that Anet does tell us why they make changes to classes in patch notes and not being played in a desirable range is one of them. So if you want to influence the attention a class gets, 'rerolling char' and stop playing the class is a way to do that.  Revenant is definitely not a 'have-not' class ... so if you are wise, you DON'T want to see many changes to it in June. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I doubt playing the role of ignorant victim is a compelling argument to Anet for change. If people want to deny what Anet tells them in patch notes, they can. That doesn't mean it's not there or it's not true. 

The fact remains that Anet does tell us why they make changes to classes in patch notes and not being played in a desirable range is one of them. So if you want to influence the attention a class gets, 'rerolling char' and stop playing the class is a way to do that.  Revenant is definitely not a 'have-not' class ... so if you are wise, you DON'T want to see many changes to it in June. 

??? The patch notes are never explained why  dis or why dis and what they aim for with said changes. They seems like they r done by an amateur. Have you seen LoL/Smite patch notes how they are going into describing why they did stuff and what they aim for with said changes?

Balance in this game is bunch of hit random ability and hope it works instead of addressing actual key issues. And again i dont care what anet might think bc they proved to be incompetent at their work many times. Resistance/resolution change, all CC skills doing 0 damage regardless of casttime (have u seen what joke butthead is?), the eternal 300 ICD traits are 3 basic examples of whats wrong with this game balance and devs behind those decisions.

Mallyx kit was literally built around the idea of resisting condi damage with resistance boon, now go wvw and you instagib yourself if you use stunbreak from burn damage you transfer on yourself in any zerg. Are you telling me it was intended by anet? I mean if it was its more than dumber choice. If it wasnt we are coming back to square one anyway - incompetence. No matter what anet thinks, intended or not it wont change the fact that devs behind design and balance are incompetent at their job. Whenever you like it or not many players have left over this crap. And its not just revenant problem but general one affecting all classes one way or another with guardians/necros looking like they are their favorites and meta one way or another since forever

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

The patch notes are never explained why  dis or why dis and what they aim for with said changes.

Yes they do. You simply have to read them to see it. But it really doesn't seem to matter to you if they do or not anyways because it doesn't support the rhetoric about your opinion about how hard done by Rev is.

Anyways, you can choose to stay uninformed about what the patch notes say and pretend like ignoring these things matters to how the game works. I'm sure it matters little for the June changes. I predict little impacted for the class in June because it's simply not as bad as you make it out to be. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yes they do. You simply have to read them to see it. But it really doesn't seem to matter to you if they do or not anyways because it doesn't support the rhetoric about your opinion about how hard done by Rev is.

Anyways, you can choose to stay uninformed about what the patch notes say and pretend like ignoring these things matters to how the game works. I'm sure it matters little for the June changes. I predict little impacted for the class in June because it's simply not as bad as you make it out to be. 

Ok what rev is supposed to be and to do?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Ok what rev is supposed to be and to do?

Whatever Anet wants it to do. What does that have to do with the fact that Anet does make game changes based on how much people play the various specs and tell us why in the patch notes?

I don't think you are understanding the point I'm getting at here. What Rev does or what I think it should do is not relevant to that point. You can complain about how Rev works all you like, but what I said is true; people 'rerolling chars' is something Anet monitors to make class changes ... EVEN if you decide to ignore what the patch notes tell you. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

When the forced engagement was nerf, there was no thought behind it since they had improved it for a while before.

When there was the "bug" on sigil which is not a bug, there was no reflection, just nerf.

The same with torment even if it was for all classes at first it was made for mobile classes then it was changed to make it stronger in PvE, then we nerfed the skills in PvE. 

Same with "Pain Absorption", if players didn't rally to keep it functional the skill would be completely useless. There are plenty of examples where the choices made by Anet are not always clear, and I only took some examples with the revenant.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

You told me anet states what they want rev to do in patch notes. Now you cant answer me simple question?

I said nothing of the sort; you're just imagining a conversation at this point to argue with me. I told you that Anet tells us why they make changes in the patch notes and one of those reasons is the amount a spec is played. Please try to follow the conversation here if you are going to continue to quote me. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 6

21 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

??? The patch notes are never explained why  dis or why dis and what they aim for with said changes.

21 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yes they do. You simply have to read them to see it.

6 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, I didn't say that at all. I told you that Anet tells us why they make changes in the patch notes. Please try to follow the conversation here. 

(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?

So you telling me now they dont have vision for rev where and how they wanna see him played? But above you said i can just read it in patch notes?

(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?

So you telling me now they dont have vision for rev where and how they wanna see him played? But above you said i can just read it in patch notes?

(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?(•ิ_•ิ)?

I'm just telling you that patch notes give the reasons the changes are made. I never said anything about Rev vision ... that's just your own imagination working overtime. 

Again, the point here is pretty simple ... not sure how you continue to not understand it. people 'rerolling chars' is something Anet monitors to make class changes, contrary to what you think. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I'm just telling you that patch notes give the reasons the changes are made. I never said anything about Rev vision ... that's just your own imagination working overtime. 

(•ิ_•ิ)?

Did you read what i asked for? "and what they aim for with said changes."

So today we learned that indeed anet has no vision for rev. Thanks for confirming

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

(•ิ_•ิ)?

Did you read what i asked for? "and what they aim for with said changes."

So today we learned that indeed anet has no vision for rev. Thanks for confirming

No, I'm not reading what you are asking for because it's not relevant to the point I'm making. I'm simply telling you that when you tell people rerolling chars doesn't matter, I'm telling you that's incorrect because we know from patch notes Anet makes changes based on how much they want specs to be played. It's pretty important to not give people false information about what Anet is doing just to make a soapbox about how much you don't like Rev performance. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, I'm not reading what you are asking for because it's not relevant to the point I'm making. I'm simply telling you that when you tell people rerolling chars doesn't matter, I'm telling you that's incorrect because we know from patch notes Anet makes changes based on how much they want specs to be played. It's pretty important to not give people false information about what Anet is doing just to make a soapbox about how much you don't like Rev performance. 

Thats not what ive asked for. Ive said they never explain why they make changes and what they aim for with said changes. You replied me that they do and all i have to do is read patch notes. Now you telling me its not revelant.

U know how it is called?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Backpedaling

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Ive said they never explain why they make changes and what they aim for with said changes.

You can say that all you want, but that's incorrect ... and that's why we are having this discussion to begin with because creating misinformation doesn't make your complaints about Rev performance any more compelling and only results in confusing players that don't know with alternate realities. 

Again, the point is that Anet is paying attention to what people play and making changes to classes if that doesn't align to how much they want it played. Why I know this? because they say so in the patch notes.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4