Ferocious Symbiosis

Gotejjeken.1267

19 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

If the pet is triggering it, is it only getting the buffs? 

If the pet triggers it, you get the buff and if you trigger it, the pet gets the buff.

21 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

trying to see if this trait will work with rune of speed?

If you mean "works" as in triggering the bonus speed. No. 

If you mean "works" as in the speed stacking. Yes.

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

trying to see if this trait will work with rune of speed

Most movement speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect.
Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed.
( Swim-speed infusions provide an additive bonus to forward speed on top of most buffs, but are still subject to the 400 u/s speed cap.)

From wiki

The frustrating thing about this trait is that the wording of "When this triggers, it refreshes the duration of all stacks" actually only means that pet hits will refresh stacks on you and vice-versa. It would be much better if hits by either you or your pet refreshed the duration on both of you, but you'd still need pet hits to add new stacks on yourself.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

If the pet triggers it, you get the buff and if you trigger it, the pet gets the buff.

If you mean "works" as in triggering the bonus speed. No. 

If you mean "works" as in the speed stacking. Yes.

6 hours ago, Eurantien.4632 said:

Beddo.1907 is right.

Pet hits give you stacks. Your hits give your pet stacks.

The move speed from ferocious symbiosis does stack with other movement speeds.

So, if you get 5 stacks of the buff and have swiftness would that yield 190% in-combat movement speed like rising momentum does? 

I know the stacks from ferocious symbiosis don't last too long so it may not even be worth it. 

I initially thought the player triggered their half and pet theirs, but since it is switched it may be even less effective since you have to rely on pet hits to get stacks and we all know how well they hit things...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

So, if you get 5 stacks of the buff and have swiftness would that yield 190% in-combat movement speed like rising momentum does? 

no, it is 133%, swiftness +33% > Ferocious Symbiosis +25%, so only swiftness applies.
Rising Momentum stack with other speed bonus. 

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I know the stacks from ferocious symbiosis don't last too long so it may not even be worth it. 

I initially thought the player triggered their half and pet theirs, but since it is switched it may be even less effective since you have to rely on pet hits to get stacks and we all know how well they hit things...

I am not sure what the numbers are for move speed.

All I can say is for in combat move speed the spectrum goes like this:

Chilled < Crippled < Normal < 5 FS Stacks < Swiftness < Swiftness + 5 FS Stacks < Speed runes + swiftness + 5 FS stacks <? Superspeed

3 hours ago, enkeny.6937 said:

no, it is 133%, swiftness +33% > Ferocious Symbiosis +25%, so only swiftness applies.
Rising Momentum stack with other speed bonus. 

3 hours ago, Eurantien.4632 said:

Chilled < Crippled < Normal < 5 FS Stacks < Swiftness < Swiftness + 5 FS Stacks < Speed runes + swiftness + 5 FS stacks <? Superspeed

Interesting.  Was wondering if comparable to Rising Momentum because both stack 5% based on criteria, whereas something like Druid's passive (Natural Stride) and Soulbeast Merged speed get overwritten by swiftness.  

Going to mess around some more, as I'm finding Untamed to be SLOW without burning the heal / elite for superspeed.  Gotta be a boon build in there somewhere to stack swiftness but find myself always defaulting back to scholar runes so as not to lose too much damage. 

8 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Interesting.  Was wondering if comparable to Rising Momentum because both stack 5% based on criteria, whereas something like Druid's passive (Natural Stride) and Soulbeast Merged speed get overwritten by swiftness.  

Going to mess around some more, as I'm finding Untamed to be SLOW without burning the heal / elite for superspeed.  Gotta be a boon build in there somewhere to stack swiftness but find myself always defaulting back to scholar runes so as not to lose too much damage. 

Trying surging runes, +25% movement speed, 15% boon duration, +power and shocking aura on elite.

14 hours ago, Eurantien.4632 said:

Don't mix debuff, because work separately. so if you have swiftness and crippled it is -17 %
and FS shouldn't add with swiftness, Rising Momentum is different.
and for numbers:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

1 hour ago, enkeny.6937 said:

Don't mix debuff, because work separately. so if you have swiftness and crippled it is -17 %
and FS shouldn't add with swiftness, Rising Momentum is different.
and for numbers:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

Yeah I didn't mix debuffs with movespeed because I wasn't exactly sure if chilled superspeed was faster than some form of cripple or not, for example.

FS does add with swiftness.

Edited by Eurantien.4632
  • Thanks 1