Weaver Vs Tempest Vs Catalyst - Help Needed

Soyjuro.7152

Hey yall!

Just wanted to get some help on picking a build (could also be Core Elementalist) for running WvW Elementalist. My main focus with this character is to run zergs and small group roaming (no intention to solo roam). I want to start farming WvW for the Conflux Legendary Ring and decided to make my retired level 80 Elementalist, with full Celestial gear, my WvW character.

I have absolutely no idea which build to pick nor weapon sets. From my research so far I saw Catalyst and Weaver as potential candidates that can take advantage of Celestial gear.

Any advices would be appreciated!

Ps - Skill is also a matter to consider. I don't play with an Elementalist since Vanilla Gw2. So a more accessible build is also a plus!

If you want to run with zergs, Id say go tempest.

Fire/Earth/Tempest with dagger/warhorn will be a good start for you to stay stacked and keep up with your zerg while being able to tag a lot and actually help your group some. Overload earth (while having stoneheart) when engaging with the enemy zerg, follow up to overload air/fire to tag as much as possible and clear downs. And water when your zerg needs a heal. This setup is not the best support or dmg, but will help keep you alive (fire aura traits to remove condis, earth for protection and crit immunity) and relevant in a fight. When you see that you are able to stack and help your group you can upgrade to a more dmg (with fire/air or arcane) or support (with water/arcane or water/earth) and take a more relevant role.

Staff weaver is nice, but needs you to be more mindful of positioning (not just stacking) and is better with more aggressive stats than celestial.

D/D celestial catalyst is great for roaming, but not sure if it would be as good in a zerg fight, you get a lot more tagging power from overloads as you can cast them while moving into the enemy zerg. Hammer might be better, but it lacks the mobility of daggers to make sure you stay with your tag.

• Thanks 1