Fishing - Can you remove baits / lure?

Hi all

I've been enjoying fishing on and off, building up on baits and lures but I wanted to know can you remove them when not needed? For example, doing the Eastern Wilds Heart the fish don't need high fishing power, but I can't remove the baits so I have a feeling that I'm wasting them.

I understand this is probably a minor thing but if there's a way that I'm overlooking would appreciate it.

Was just wondering, long time no-player returned to the game only a short time ago. I did what most people do, get into PoF to get the base raptor mount, just as a QoL-feature and then played the first bit of EoD to check out/get the fishing and the skiff.

Sorry if I'm braindead - might be because I just celebrated my 16th birthday ... oh wait, might be the other way around 😜 - ah well.. Anyway, I love the fishing but I'm a bit flustered on how to get baits. Is there any way to craft them or do I need to get back to Canthan to buy them. I would not like to spoil my 'historical' playthrough going from personal story to LW and so on?

And also - please - don't redirect me to the Wiki. Very informative but does not connect the dots. Thanks a bunch 🙂

2 hours ago, Keehra.4621 said:

Sorry if I'm braindead - might be because I just celebrated my 16th birthday ... oh wait, might be the other way around 😜 - ah well.. Anyway, I love the fishing but I'm a bit flustered on how to get baits. Is there any way to craft them or do I need to get back to Canthan to buy them. I would not like to spoil my 'historical' playthrough going from personal story to LW and so on?

There are fishing supply vendors in Tyria, definitely one in Lion's Arch, they don't sell the Lures (100), but do sell the Lure (50) and (75). You'd find a few zones hard to fish in with those Fishing Power Stats. To casually fish you'd be ok, but if you're wanting to fulfill the collections, maybe wait until you can buy the (100) lures in Arborstone/Dragon's End in Cantha.

And happy belated birthday.🎂🎉

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Haleydawn.3764 said:

There are fishing supply vendors in Tyria, definitely one in Lion's Arch, they don't sell the Lures (100), but do sell the Lure (50) and (75). You'd find a few zones hard to fish in with those Fishing Power Stats. To casually fish you'd be ok, but if you're wanting to fulfill the collections, maybe wait until you can buy the (100) lures in Arborstone/Dragon's End in Cantha.

And happy belated birthday.🎂🎉

Thanks a lot. Really helpful 🤙

• 5 months later...