More Marketing for WvW

Floz.8904

Hi Anet,

Please do more marketing for WvW. Showing the unique game-mode will attract more players and then they'll buy skins and do server transfers and you'll have so many gems it'll be truly outrageous.

Just slap down a Canthan inspired New Kaineng borderland with ziplines n kitten and then you've got a cornerstone gamemode with fresh content and big money. And we have content too.

It honestly can't come soo(-wo)n enough.

Just take Blizzard to court over their new griffon animations and pay for the borderland.

Cheers, keep it up, ocx servers too. That's all.

Floz

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Attract more players from where? other games? or from pve? Cause the biggest hurdle for pve is they hate pvp, so good luck with that.

The other biggest hurdle is players out of this game see it as a joke, it's been 10 years, if word of mouth still can't get people to play the game and this game mode, I dunno what miracle you expect to happen....

You'll probably wanna wait until they unleash the new rewards they have in planning anyways.

Nothing says "come play here" like ktrain rewards.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

!!!Commercial break!!!

HEY! you! yeah you! are you tired of dying in spvp? 

FEAR NO MORE! in WvW we have something magically! we call it Celestial! You will suddenly turn into a raidboss!

oh what? you dont wanna abuse celestial? what? you dont like Trailblazer aswell? what are you even doing here then? Then this gamemode is saddly not for you.

You can still play Zergcontent tho!  oh wat? you dont wanna use one of the 5 Metapicks? Well we are just gonna kick you then!

Welcome to WvW.    

Everyone playing WvW is doing it because of nostalgia(or because they like to feel like a pro, when in reality they are just getting carried by some Cele-nonsense) or because they are farming leggys. You can not tell me that people find enjoyment with the current state of WvW. The roaming population took a big nosedive recently. Not gonna pull any new players into this "Cele-Boonball-shtshow" before they do some serious balancing! The only thing that is remotely fine in WvW is largescale.. and... lets be real... its not fun... It is just boonball/strip meta, and "avoiding the enemy blob at all cost" gameplay. And Smallscale is completly in the dumpster, everyone and their dog is running some Cele or straight up condicheese. I honestly have no data about this... but it feels like that for every powerbuild there come 4 people running condi/cele. If you are not playing Cleanse/stabilitybot in WvW you are gonna get wrecked. Period.

Dont get me wrong... i am having no problems in WvW... but that is only because i am using Cele and rune of antitoxin on basicly anything that i am running! And i seriously mean ANYTHING! Renegade? CELE+ANTITOXIN Weaver? CELE+ANTITOXIN! Firebrand? CELE+ANTITOXIN! Corenecro? CELE ANTOXIN! Harbinger? CELEANTOXIN! Holo? CELE ANTITOXIN! Tempest? Cele+Antitoxin! Mesmer? YOU GUESSED IT! Sadly this is not the solution to the problem... it is the root of the problem. Nowadays you HAVE TO spec completly into cleansing, to even have a remote chance to be successful in roaming. If you dont do it.... you are gonna hit a brick wall as soon as you meet the next "CeleHarbinger-enjoyer"

i doubt that thats a good experience for anyone new to the game. i highly doubt it.

-sincerely, someone that used to love WvW.....  sadly they murdered my boy :C

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

visit a cornerstone of gw2!

you get nerfs, free nerfs and half loot without a usage! nice right?

also u got mounts here. they just have basically no use as part of our EXTRA FEATURE. one mount which mainly enables everyone to run the same speed and get hardcc'd after like 2 hits of incoming dmg. nice.

about the maps, yeah we got this TOTALLY NEW, freshly 2015 released desert borderlands here. u totally also won't randomly drop to your death from random cliffs on your useless mount 20000 times there. very fun map, that's why it has 1/5 of the other maps activity.

@Sahne.6950 instead of criticizing the 10% meta players u should rather critizise the 90% other clowns, because the insane ppt blob mentality is what ruins this mode.

defending is worth (wxp) less than capping either. leading to bobo ktrains only

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

instead of criticizing the 10% meta players u should rather critizise the 90% other clowns, because the insane ppt blob mentality is what ruins this mode.

dont really get what your saying here. :C

If i crtizise anyone it is Anet to let WvW degenerate to what it is right now. A ktrain-stacker, celeslacker, and teleporthacker clownfiesta.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

And Smallscale is completly in the dumpster, everyone and their dog is running some Cele or straight up condicheese. I honestly have no data about this... but it feels like that for every powerbuild there come 4 people running condi/cele.

Only high skill ganker guilds from spvp still play power in my experience. That and duelist roamers / solo roamers coming from spvp. Talking small scale.

I'm starting to see trailblazer as the lesser evil honestly, at least the build eventually dies...

Condi just deals too much damage when it starts stacking and cele lets you outlive the cleanses. Eventually you win the sustain game. The cele topic that got moved from wvw to professions (...) has apologists going "but it counters SB and thief". Like duh.

But yeah honestly idk how you market this. I've watched 20v20 (or so) gvg groups stay on top of each other for minutes with no1 dying. The only "balance" is the big spikes in 50v50 and who knows how that is going without winds. And how long can you play support fb/scrapper and dps scourge/herald, before you get bored?

The mode has so much to it and its all turned into bunkering. Cant wait for all those 1vx builds to have only other 1vx builds to fight. I'm gonna be watching while I'm flipping camps and also watching something else on the side (cause cele vs cele you just check every minute to see hows it going). And when I got all the crap from wvw that I want, bb to the mode - its only fun on paper at this point. Better to just duel in armistice with a select few.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 3

Complaining bout condi spam meta still getting one shot by boomer scrappers and soulbeasts... Legitimately trying to poke holes in the game mode and vent your own personal frustration is not constructive and will drive newer players away.

Ultimately, wvw needs more players. With more players comes more revenue which leads to more content, balancing and active development. To get more players, market more....

Out of all the "high end" content, wvw is probably more accessible and friendly than spvp and less competitive to get into than high end pve. Community guilds frequently run and a development of server identity can create communities too (e.g. mag cloud degens).

Also all classes have at least 1 spec that is viable in group and roaming content. With a little help, players will also reach out and experiment.

Quit your whinging and promote the gamemode you love. You wouldnt be looking at wvw forums unless you actually appreciate wvw. More exposure = better wvw.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 4/24/2022 at 7:52 PM, Floz.8904 said:

Complaining bout condi spam meta still getting one shot by boomer scrappers and soulbeasts... Legitimately trying to poke holes in the game mode and vent your own personal frustration is not constructive and will drive newer players away.

Ultimately, wvw needs more players. With more players comes more revenue which leads to more content, balancing and active development. To get more players, market more....

Out of all the "high end" content, wvw is probably more accessible and friendly than spvp and less competitive to get into than high end pve. Community guilds frequently run and a development of server identity can create communities too (e.g. mag cloud degens).

Also all classes have at least 1 spec that is viable in group and roaming content. With a little help, players will also reach out and experiment.

Quit your whinging and promote the gamemode you love. You wouldnt be looking at wvw forums unless you actually appreciate wvw. More exposure = better wvw.

The playerbase has doubled since EOD. Theres a massive influx of new players. But marketing a trash gamemode isnt going to get people to play it. I mean look at how long its taking anet to fix the rewards and change the server balance.

The reason " WvW needs more players" is because the game mode is stale and boring. Roaming is pretty much dead and like others have mentioned, if you arent running cele or trailblazers youre just trolling. 

also Wvw is the end game of endgame in gw2. Its not new person friendly at all. New players get kitten stomped by veterans, they cant even keep up with zergs because of the mount, the rewards are so bad that its not even worth it, 

and unless youre in full legs, you need multiple sets of gear. 

"Also all classes have at least 1 spec that is viable in group and roaming content. With a little help, players will also reach out and experiment." - it might be the case for zerg, but for roaming power builds are dead. I dont get one shot by scrappers or soulbeast on Cele Harb or Trailblazer ranger with toughness trinks. 

The condition meta is a by product from Celestial being overtuned and Toughness gear making powerbuilds null. Most players arent "whining", its honest feedback about where the game is headed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

On 4/22/2022 at 3:37 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

!!!Commercial break!!!

HEY! you! yeah you! are you tired of dying in spvp? 

FEAR NO MORE! in WvW we have something magically! we call it Celestial! You will suddenly turn into a raidboss!

oh what? you dont wanna abuse celestial? what? you dont like Trailblazer aswell? what are you even doing here then? Then this gamemode is saddly not for you.

You can still play Zergcontent tho!  oh wat? you dont wanna use one of the 5 Metapicks? Well we are just gonna kick you then!

Welcome to WvW.    

Everyone playing WvW is doing it because of nostalgia(or because they like to feel like a pro, when in reality they are just getting carried by some Cele-nonsense) or because they are farming leggys. You can not tell me that people find enjoyment with the current state of WvW. The roaming population took a big nosedive recently. Not gonna pull any new players into this "Cele-Boonball-shtshow" before they do some serious balancing! The only thing that is remotely fine in WvW is largescale.. and... lets be real... its not fun... It is just boonball/strip meta, and "avoiding the enemy blob at all cost" gameplay. And Smallscale is completly in the dumpster, everyone and their dog is running some Cele or straight up condicheese. I honestly have no data about this... but it feels like that for every powerbuild there come 4 people running condi/cele. If you are not playing Cleanse/stabilitybot in WvW you are gonna get wrecked. Period.

Dont get me wrong... i am having no problems in WvW... but that is only because i am using Cele and rune of antitoxin on basicly anything that i am running! And i seriously mean ANYTHING! Renegade? CELE+ANTITOXIN Weaver? CELE+ANTITOXIN! Firebrand? CELE+ANTITOXIN! Corenecro? CELE ANTOXIN! Harbinger? CELEANTOXIN! Holo? CELE ANTITOXIN! Tempest? Cele+Antitoxin! Mesmer? YOU GUESSED IT! Sadly this is not the solution to the problem... it is the root of the problem. Nowadays you HAVE TO spec completly into cleansing, to even have a remote chance to be successful in roaming. If you dont do it.... you are gonna hit a brick wall as soon as you meet the next "CeleHarbinger-enjoyer"

i doubt that thats a good experience for anyone new to the game. i highly doubt it.

-sincerely, someone that used to love WvW.....  sadly they murdered my boy :C

cant agree more. its salt on the wound that Cele is mad kittening boring to play/ go against. It just needs to be deleted from WvW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

WvW is a large match and not a persistent warzone. Depending on the time of day you log on, you might have no hope of pushing much further beyond spawn, or you might log on just in time to miss your server taking a whole map and you know things will be dead after that. They would need something perpetual and engaging to promote that's thematically still part of the game and not just a few tagless squads trying to catch each other by surprise on the same few lanes. 

New players expect some kind of open world sandbox to explore and run into fights but they're mostly going to get a series of flat MOBA matches and there wont even be any of the new music or look from any of the game updates.

Alliances will kill off that server identity someone above mentioned so new players will be even more lost if that ever happens. 

Anet could put in town criers in a bunch of places around the core world popping off about the happenings in WvW that can let people click and spectate through players on their server or guild/alliance who designate themselves for spectator view that are on map at the moment. There's not even any light chatter or posters in game or anything like that to say there's this game mode over there, just as there's really nothing in WvW to tell you that the rest of the game left it behind. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Fix the game mode first for the love of God. WvW should just have its own separate balance.

It does, that's why it's terrible.

If WvW had the SPvP gear system + balance, WvW would be tolerable.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

1 shot cheese sure can complain alot. I am having fun with celestial. I still die but at least not getting ganked out of thin air anymore.

I don't mind if they remove cele but stealth gotta go as well with it.

"Sorry I have no skill I play [CELE]"

This is the guild a roamer on my world represents when switching to cele fb from power fb. Fits your stealth complaints perfectly. Dealing with stealth is l2p, dealing with it using broken cele is getting carried by broken stats. If the stats gets balanced you will have to learn to play against stealth, something you should be doing already anyway.

Other than that, grenade engi is the only stealth reliant cheese build that works. Grenade barrage needs the spvp nerf, stealth is just a tool to ensure the barrage lands on unbooned players (to ensure the "1 shot", which is more like 10k dmg).

And before you comment more nonsense, no I dont roam on 1 shot builds, no I dont roam on builds that have stealth. I've learned to deal with stealth. There is nothing to learn vs cele, its just broken bloated stats. You can only play it yourself to "deal" with it, which is what is happening to roaming already.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

"Sorry I have no skill I play [CELE]"

This is the guild a roamer on my world represents when switching to cele fb from power fb. Fits your stealth complaints perfectly. Dealing with stealth is l2p, dealing it with broken cele is stat carry. If the stat gets balanced you will have to learn to play against stealth, something you should be doing already anyway.

Other than that, grenade engi is the only stealth reliant cheese build that works. Grenade barrage needs the spvp nerf, stealth is just a tool to ensure the barrage lands on unbooned players.

stealth mesmers, stealth deadeye?

I don't want to play around stealth. Its crappy way to play. It dictate how people roam.

I have been roaming in WvW over few years. So, I definitely know how to play against stealth and with cheese stealth play. I just hated it.

I don't care for skill play. I am past my prime for gaming. I just play for fun and cele lets me roam without getting ganked from thin air as I said earlier. It gives me little fighting chance. I still loose and die fyi.

If you are real skilled player, then plz adust your playstyle instead of looking for easy kill.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

@kash.9213 don't fool yourself, server identity is dead years ago. it was yet a zombie only when i started playing in 2019 and it has gotten way worse even.

like those players who stay on one single server for longer than 2 years is like 1%   if even.

especially since the majority these days aren't bound by guilds (the ppt pugs are a big issue due to always bandwagoning to servers where they can leech easy content and have others doing the fights for them)

...or if, they are just in very casual guilds who jump around servers a lot as well, in big numbers.

so ye, invalid. a bit like this thread 😛

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/22/2022 at 5:25 AM, Floz.8904 said:

Just slap down a Canthan inspired New Kaineng borderland with ziplines n kitten and then you've got a cornerstone gamemode with fresh content and big money. And we have content too.

They did this with the Desert Borderland during the HoT release and it was a total disaster and nearly killed WvW.

Just putting a PvE map into WvW does not make it a fun or good WvW map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

It does, that's why it's terrible.

If WvW had the SPvP gear system + balance, WvW would be tolerable.

No, its bad because they keep dialing up the most kittenous mechanics of the game mode. I dont get how the game has gotten worse and worse every update but when it first released it was way more balanced outside of immortal eles(which there still are), unkillable hambow warriors, and one shotting d/p thieves(which still exist due to quickness).

8 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

They did this with the Desert Borderland during the HoT release and it was a total disaster and nearly killed WvW.

Just putting a PvE map into WvW does not make it a fun or good WvW map.

agreed, don't give them ideas.

a new border would be nice, but the issue seems to be that anet has lost the devs who made good maps like EBG and alpines long ago. a cantha map could be done easily, just avoid some absurd fiesta with insta death height and messed up terrain, messed up spawn points etc...

RBL simply does everything wrong that a map could do wrong, kinda. only good parts: it uses a lot of map space (but that is partly also bad bc the only fightable grounds are very restriced and a far too long and uncomfy walk) and the NPC lords are less pathetic than all other maps' ones.

@Kozumi.5816 "f WvW had the SPvP gear system + balance, WvW would be tolerable. " - this is big time wrong btw. spvp has a totally different system and it makes zero sense to translate it onto Wvw. spvp is super smallscale, that has nothing to do with, as i showed above, the most of Wvw-style content.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:37 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

I fully agree. Delete Antitoxin runes. 😘

• Confused 1

For the love of God, you dont HAVE to run Cele. You just dont. To all you people complaining, git gudder. kitten, play what you want and get good at it. Complaining about cele shows you just like to complain instead of improving your play style.  I swap stats all the time. From the dreaded cele to mauraders, to vipers, to zerker ect...  just to have a little fun while roaming.

Confused emojis over there please ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

For the love of God, you dont HAVE to run Cele. You just dont. To all you people complaining, git gudder. kitten, play what you want and get good at it. Complaining about cele shows you just like to complain instead of improving your play style.  I swap stats all the time. From the dreaded cele to mauraders, to vipers, to zerker ect...  just to have a little fun while roaming.

Confused emojis over there please ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

there's no reason to not play it. it wouldnt be a problem if the gear set was viable for certain builds, but currently its the best option for almost every build. 

why play marauder and die slowly to conditions when i can play celestial and do condi, power, have decent boon uptime, toughness, decent health, and just straight up not die lol. 

• Confused 1