Stuck on "Establishing a Foothold" quest in Silverwastes

Hi!  New player here.

I was going through the Heart of Thorns story last night and everything was fine.  I logged out at what I considered to be a good stopping point (the third part "Establishing a Foothold", and then when I logged back in today I was ported back to Camp Resolve and now I can't seem to be able to progress the story.  I've tried running to the area where the quest marker is pointing me, but all the entrances seem to be blocked off by Mordremoth vines?  It's entirely possible I'm missing how I'm supposed to get over there?  Is it tied to this Foothold Meta Event?  I've been trying to progress that too, but it takes ages. 

The part of the story I'm on right now says
"Return to the jungle to earn Masteries.  Earn your Glider Basics Mastery to continue your story."

My Glider Basics mastery slider is at 50%.  I've tried grinding events in Silverwastes all evening and the mastery slider won't move.  It's still at 50%.  I don't think I'm getting Heart of Thorns mastery.

I've also tried replaying the story to chapter 2 "Torn from the Sky," but that quest marker is also on the other side of the Moldremoth vines.

Anyone have any tips?

Edited by solesca.4620

"My Glider Basics mastery slider is at 50%.  I've tried grinding events in Silverwastes all evening and the mastery slider won't move.  It's still at 50%.  I don't think I'm getting Heart of Thorns mastery."

The Silverwastes is not a HoT map, so you can't earn the mastery there. You will have to do that in the actual HoT maps.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

When you completed 'Torn from the Sky', did you not open a Waypoint in Verdant Brink?

Have you tried completing this, again?  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prologue:_Rally_to_Maguuma

No, I don't have the WP to Verdant Brink and I can't go back to the Prologue.  The Prologue doesn't have that "Replay Mission" button on the interface.  "Torn from the Sky" does, but the Quest Marker is on the other side of the vines.

Edited by solesca.4620