Account blocked

I wanted to play some Guild Wars during the anniversary festival but it turn out my account got blocked.

I got no response from support so far and I don't know why they would block it.

I haven't played for maybe two years. I was able to change my password without a problem but then can't log in because of security reasons.

What is the reason behind it and why do they not unlock my account again? or make a warning that if you stop playing you will get banned

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Petzel.4593 said:

I wanted to play some Guild Wars during the anniversary festival but it turn out my account got blocked.

I got no response from support so far and I don't know why they would block it.

I haven't played for maybe two years. I was able to change my password without a problem but then can't log in because of security reasons.

What is the reason behind it and why do they not unlock my account again? or make a warning that if you stop playing you will get banned

The CS Team allows 72 hours to respond, after the near-immediate 'We got your ticket' email.  Check spam/junk folders.  Your account might have been usurped by some nefarious person, and locked for security reasons.  Make sure your email account has not also, been compromised. 

If you have not heard back after 3 days, try contacting the CS Team from a new, secure email account.

Good luck. 

My email account is fine and the guild wars account just got a brand new password since I forgot my old one. So it couldn't have been possible that the new one was compromised.

The festival is over for me if not this weekend since I work during the week.

Why do they feel the need to do this?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well I am trying but they won't answer. And as I said I just changed the password. No one but me could have the new one.

And even if my account was compromised I rather have a hacker or what not delete my characters than not being able to play at all. What logic is that?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Petzel.4593 said:

Well I am trying but they won't answer. And as I said I just changed the password. No one but me could have the new one.

And even if my account was compromised I rather have a hacker or what not delete my characters than not being able to play at all. What logic is that?

What festival is it your trying to access?

SaB just ended the 19th so there is not one running at the moment.

1 hour ago, Petzel.4593 said:

If you have a keylogger on your computer, the "hacker" will be informed of any new passwords you assign, be it to your game accounts, e-mail, bank, ...anything.

If it's not that, is it a possibility that you got banned for frequent IP changes due to using a VPN?

1 hour ago, Petzel.4593 said:

The anniversary festival which started today

There is no such festival, on-going or otherwise. (The game's 10th anniversary is in August, but there has never been an annual celebration.)

Edit - Oh, you were talking about this: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Anniversary_Celebration

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1

I don't have a keylogger. And I never used a VPN for playing.

Yes I moved 12 month ago which gave me a new IP and I sometimes log in when I am in a hotel for work but that is legit what a password is for.

Support contacted me and I had to send them my paypal history of the last 10 years buying Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 stuff.

I haven't heard from them since. I feel like this actively harms the player base more than it would ever protect them.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Petzel.4593 said:

I don't have a keylogger. And I never used a VPN for playing.

Yes I moved 12 month ago which gave me a new IP and I sometimes log in when I am in a hotel for work but that is legit what a password is for.

Support contacted me and I had to send them my paypal history of the last 10 years buying Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 stuff.

I haven't heard from them since. I feel like this actively harms the player base more than it would ever protect them.

I'm sorry you have run into this sort of trouble. Hope it gets sorted out soon!

P.S. I believe two-factor-authentication can solve the IP change issue. You get to verify that the new IP is yours, which should prevent any interference on ANet's side. Then again, after 12 (!) months this should no longer be a reason to block an account...