Pistol

onio.6403

I don't see the point of using the pistol in the off hand and with a melee scope on "bladeworn", it's quite absurd that with all the combination of melee weapons that the warrior has the third elite specialization also has this type of weapon and the saber-pistol is also a melee weapon in its majority and of obligatory use.

From my point of view, the pistol should be from the main hand and have some ability that has a stealth skill to be able to execute the "dragon slash" attacks with a certain coherent combination in relation to the equipped weapon.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The selling point of Pistol is that it synergizes with a bunch of Bladesworn things:

1. Dragon's Roar is a fast ammo dump that that procs both Guns And Glory and 6x Fierce As Fire.

2. Gunstinger gets you back into melee range and refills Dragon's Roar. It also gives you Aegis so to help you while you're in Dragon Trigger.

3. Both Gunstinger and Dragon's Roar are movement skills that will trigger Swift As The Wind.

Dragon's Roar is also a reasonably potent little burst in PvE, you can definitely take out some trash mobs with it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Bladesworn is absurd as a whole.

- A technological warrior who takes an oath to use just this weapon (?) (Which sucks, honestly)

- of course warriors are no engies, so the weapon only works with magical bullets thst you have to charge fighting (??)

- and at the end the whole thing revolves around the warrior shouting a lot and healing (???) (Probably out of frustration)

Why would the pistol make any sense at all?

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Pistol is best if you want to upkeep Fierce as Fire stacks and Guns and Glory buff, which you should if your aim is dps build. Pistol 5 at max stacks has also decent melee burst damage. Skills on pistol fit the fast paced rotation very well.

A bit offtopic but idk where to put it:

I despised bladesworn at first, I tried it during beta and twice after EoD release and still hated it. But after 3rd try (like week ago, after few weeks of break) I started to really like it (PvE) and now I don't even want to play Berserker anymore (at least for now). It's new, it's different and it's not bad at all (in PvE that is).

Just accept that Bladesworn isn't what probably most of us wanted and move on. The spec fits lore well (which was most likely very important during its developement) and it's just missing things like stow ability and so.

Also, I don't even consider the spec to be weeb-y anymore, so I'm happy 🙂

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

well the off hand pistol is actually pretty good, it's the first decent offhand since forever.

it has defensive, damage and mobility.

it is decent in pvp and fun in pve.

i wouldn't mind for a main pistol tho, but i also want the current off hand pistol

imo offhand pistol is of the very few better part of bladesworn

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

well the off hand pistol is actually pretty good, it's the first decent offhand since forever.

it has defensive, damage and mobility.

it is decent in pvp and fun in pve.

i wouldn't mind for a main pistol tho, but i also want the current off hand pistol

Pistol ain't that bad. Put like 300 range more on the 5, add a 1/4 sec daze on 4 and make it an evade, make a mainhand with some CC, 900 range and immob or something and boom. Just needs a actually good profession mechanic and youre good to go.

I didn't hype gunslinger warrior, but I would def want it a million times over Bladesworn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/23/2022 at 4:54 PM, cryorion.9532 said:

Pistol is best if you want to upkeep Fierce as Fire stacks and Guns and Glory buff, which you should if your aim is dps build. Pistol 5 at max stacks has also decent melee burst damage. Skills on pistol fit the fast paced rotation very well.

A bit offtopic but idk where to put it:

I despised bladesworn at first, I tried it during beta and twice after EoD release and still hated it. But after 3rd try (like week ago, after few weeks of break) I started to really like it (PvE) and now I don't even want to play Berserker anymore (at least for now). It's new, it's different and it's not bad at all (in PvE that is).

Just accept that Bladesworn isn't what probably most of us wanted and move on. The spec fits lore well (which was most likely very important during its developement) and it's just missing things like stow ability and so.

Also, I don't even consider the spec to be weeb-y anymore, so I'm happy 🙂

I hate to tell you, that is near textbox definition of Stockholm syndrome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/24/2022 at 5:44 PM, anbujackson.9564 said:

The only reason its played now because they pretty much "forced" warriors to use it when they reworked fierce as fire.

It's really stupid. Instead of making the weapon good (or at least semi-decent), they rework a trait to make a trash weapon semi-mandatory. Meanwhile, Willbender got powercrept to the heavens and beyond.

But sadly, Warrior always being mistreated is far from new or surprising.

23 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

If a specialization offers hardly anything of worth and even takes away parts of the profession, being one of the better parts is not hard, even for that less-than-mediocre pistol.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:54 PM, cryorion.9532 said:

The spec fits lore well (which was most likely very important during its developement)

Don't forget that in lore, the bullets are filled with Amber, which Arenanet said lost most of its worth.

This can easily interpreted as Junksworn being of equally little worth to Arenanet as Amber is in GW2 lore.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

the premise/rationale/key to warrior frontline tanking alone, with some or with zerg is that they should be able to kill targets quickly for defense (given that you survive a zerg fight and not even in coms running full zerks). if you make that undoable by adding an specialization that obviously weakens the classic GS/Sword/W/e by using a Pistol, a skill set that just tops @ 3 digit figure crit on full zerks or weaken it in lelz ways (like hitting 900 dmg versus a not even veteran dredge on full zerks lelz), you just, yet again, put the warrior another level into to the sinkhole (which we all know, filters the SOLID particles).

and you'll know that among the 16 million population of GW2, probably like 25 play warrior hardcore..

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 12:20 PM, ASP.8093 said:

There is no "textbook definition of Stockholm syndrome," it's not in DSM or any other diagnostic manual.

1. Cantor, C., & Price, J. (2007). Traumatic entrapment, appeasement and complex post-traumatic stress disorder: evolutionary perspectives of hostage reactions, domestic abuse and the Stockholm syndrome. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry41(5), 377-384.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Vanthian.9267 said:
  1. Cantor, C., & Price, J. (2007). Traumatic entrapment, appeasement and complex post-traumatic stress disorder: evolutionary perspectives of hostage reactions, domestic abuse and the Stockholm syndrome. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry41(5), 377-384.

Irrelevant, but I always like it when I fully understand harvard system sourced citation. Learned how to this year so woohoo.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Confused 1

On 4/25/2022 at 3:14 PM, Vanthian.9267 said:

I hate to tell you, that is near textbox definition of Stockholm syndrome.

I don't think so. I took break from gw2 and thus stopped thinking about it. When I came back I just figured some things and the spec has grown on me since then. I think the main reason I enjoy Bladesworn is that it is new, compared to Berserker which I played for years, and that the spec's performance in PvE can be great... in some situations. If you think that "accepting that anet gave us spec we didn't want" is stockholm syndrome, then yikes.

Bladesworn isn't perfect and surely needs more love, but it isn't as bad as some people claim. I would try to avoid comparing it with current top performers because those are overtuned af.

Edited by cryorion.9532

8 hours ago, cryorion.9532 said:

but it isn't as bad as some people claim. 

yes it isn't as bad as some people claim, it is just as bad as other warrior specs

i know you want to "like" it so bad, i "liked" it when i quited gw2 for like 1 year and just started playing EoD as well, but then after i started picking up my skills and i realize how bad bladesworn at it's core is when you overlook the clearly overtuned healing number. it is just a bad spec

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

yes it isn't as bad as some people claim, it is just as bad as other warrior specs

i know you want to "like" it so bad, i "liked" it when i quited gw2 for like 1 year and just started playing EoD as well, but then after i started picking up my skills and i realize how bad bladesworn at it's core is when you overlook the clearly overtuned healing number. it is just a bad spec

You probably mean competetive modes. I was talking about PvE as I no longer care about PvP/WvW after Feb 2020 balance patch. In PvE, the biggest issue of Bladesworn is that like 90% of its damage output is condensed into 1 skill and so its performance is quite sensitive. This ties with long charging time during which you do literally 0 damage and if you don't land your charged Dragon Slash, that is pretty massive dps downtime. I still can't believe Anet thought this was good idea... oh well. On the other hand, the spec is very satisfying in more favorable situations where there is not that much incoming cc/weakness and targets don't move like on crack

I would be lying if I said I have only good times with Bladesworn, I rage pretty frequently when things go bad cuz they do go bad frequently 🙃

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 8:03 PM, ASP.8093 said:

The selling point of Pistol is that it synergizes with a bunch of Bladesworn things:

1. Dragon's Roar is a fast ammo dump that that procs both Guns And Glory and 6x Fierce As Fire.

2. Gunstinger gets you back into melee range and refills Dragon's Roar. It also gives you Aegis so to help you while you're in Dragon Trigger.

3. Both Gunstinger and Dragon's Roar are movement skills that will trigger Swift As The Wind.

Dragon's Roar is also a reasonably potent little burst in PvE, you can definitely take out some trash mobs with it.

ASP.8093 this isn't an attack on you but I've heard many repeat this bladesworn pistol 'synergy' rationale for the pistol skills.  This is a self-imposed limitation.  Why couldn't we have the same exact synergy but with 900 range like every other dam-n pistol in the game?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, RiyazGuerra.9203 said:

ASP.8093 this isn't an attack on you but I've heard many repeat this bladesworn pistol 'synergy' rationale for the pistol skills.  This is a self-imposed limitation.  Why couldn't we have the same exact synergy but with 900 range like every other dam-n pistol in the game?  

Oh, I'm absolutely not saying you couldn't have more range. (Maybe 600 like the Holosmith's Fingerguns.)

I think the OP's "Pistol should give you stealth" is a complete non-starter because it doesn't work with any of the aesthetics of the class, though — you're a guns-blazing samurai duelist, not a sneaky killer.