Tempest question

Yrch.5491

I'm trying out the Tempest on my ele, it's the only spec I have unlocked so far, I find it very meh in world pve. What do most ele's do when not healing? When running world PvE? I still havent figured out the alt specs and gear tabs, but I assume you can switch between specs and gear fairly easy? Thanks.

We could probably use a bit more information.  You mention open world, healing, and...meh.  So I'm going to assume you've chosen some sort of support build and aren't too happy with it for solo play?  Understandable.

When it comes to the equipment/build tabs it's a little convoluted.  Unlike a system that makes sense where you just have a template you swap into, you have both build and equipment templates.  So, click that little up arrow bottom left of your weapon bar and you'll see two rows of numbers.  One is build and the other is equipment.  Set your build however you like and just select the number associated with it to swap to it (out of combat only).  Do the same for equipment tabs.

As for what build might work for you?  I'd recommend either a power-based tempest running X/air/tempest with the fresh air trait.  The reason for this is that overload air is very powerful for power builds and the fresh air trait allows you to bypass the long cooldown and use it much more frequently.  This is an easy way to go for open world, with the downside being you will be somewhat flimsy and need to be careful about how much damage you take.  Use berserker or marauder stats for this build.  Dagger/x is probably a good choice for weapons.

The other option is condition damage.  For this you should run X/fire/tempest.  Scepter or dagger for weapons.  You'll deal most of your damage in fire attunement with this setup, but earth can lend some bleeds.

I don't know Tempest very well, so hopefully someone more experienced with the spec can chime in and provide more specifics.

If you'd like to go with weaver, I'd recommend condi weaver with sword/focus, x/fire/weaver, where x is either arcane or earth.  Trailblazer or celestial stats are great options, but you can also use dire on the cheap.  Check out this thread for more info: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

personally my fav tempest build is fresh air damage dealer. im planning on taking WPs tempest build (celestial stats with Pack runes and sigils of celerity and rage) to modify to work with the fresh air trait, since i like spamming air overload.

damage dealing tempest is still viable, not as much as the meta builds but i still enjoy it.

7 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

....So, click that little up arrow bottom left of your weapon bar and you'll see two rows of numbers.  One is build and the other is equipment.  Set your build however you like and just select the number associated with it to swap to it (out of combat only).  Do the same for equipment tabs....

Huh.....played this game on and off since release...never knew that  o.O 

Thx for the tip  😄

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 10:11 PM, Yrch.5491 said:

What do most ele's do when not healing?

Die if their bad like me.

Or you can do an ok amount of damage.

I'm will try this build to see if it is viable as a damage tempest(power)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGAFsEGaYZCsFWGriVij3TbrC-e

Edit: It works well in both PvP and ow just tested yesterday

Edited by Infinity.2876