Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Ranked season about to end. Match manipulators and cheaters galore....


Recommended Posts

For your sanity since I sorta care, don't take this mode seriously despite your burning desire to be competitive and win legitimately. If ranking solo, odds are not in your favor. 

3, THREE games in a row I had someone AFK for absolutely lame excuses. Obvious manipulators; either having 2 accounts and AFK's one or got paid. Then in one match, when we caught up and led after a 200 pt deficit, one player decides to jump and run around, dancing singing, feeding. 

 

The devs have done NOTHING about this problem. It's a great game and I respect the original developers. The current management team, I'm not very confident about. 

 

Developers should view their gamers, their community as their real partners. Channels of communication should be open and pressing concerns like cheating and match manipulation should be addressed. 

 

Do that math Anet, a happy community will bring in far more revenue and introduce more gamers organically. What angers the gamers is the exclusivity, favoritism and invincibility of certain individuals. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup, my friend that was aiming for top 25 got a guardian afk while winning by 100 pnts

 

Higher you go crazier are the exploits

 

One or 2 seasons ago we had a gold 2 skill level player on top 10

 

I havent seen him since then, maybe he got banned considering how obvious was the exploit 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2022 at 9:25 PM, greedywholesome.9081 said:

3, THREE games in a row I had someone AFK for absolutely lame excuses. Obvious manipulators; either having 2 accounts and AFK's one or got paid. Then in one match, when we caught up and led after a 200 pt deficit, one player decides to jump and run around, dancing singing, feeding. 

To be honest the end of this season was the worst of win trading I have ever seen. It was blatant, no efforts to even hide it. I had two games with a ranger going far and just sitting off node afk. I said something to him about throwing and he literally just typed "lol."

 

Its wild. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2022 at 7:19 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

Yup, my friend that was aiming for top 25 got a guardian afk while winning by 100 pnts

 

Higher you go crazier are the exploits

 

One or 2 seasons ago we had a gold 2 skill level player on top 10

 

I havent seen him since then, maybe he got banned considering how obvious was the exploit 

Boosting is pretty common at the very top%

Where lower-ranked players pay top-ranked players to play on their account, and people have even got Rank 1 doing this. Many times.

 

And this is the one source of match manipulation that Anet takes action against, so its worth looking into if you think you're seeing it.

2 years ago they banned 5 dozen accounts on EU for exactly this, and shortly after they pinned this post here and it has remained there for a long time.

 

I don't like the favoritism personally. I feel like there's too much leniency towards content creators, or big competitive names.

They don't want to ban them or something. For doing exactly this, some people have gotten PvP bans for a few months, others have been perma banned entirely. Just doesn't make sense.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Boosting is pretty common at the very top%

Where lower-ranked players pay top-ranked players to play on their account, and people have even got Rank 1 doing this. Many times.

 

And this is the one source of match manipulation that Anet takes action against, so its worth looking into if you think you're seeing it.

2 years ago they banned 5 dozen accounts on EU for exactly this, and shortly after they pinned this post here and it has remained there for a long time.

 

I don't like the favoritism personally. I feel like there's too much leniency towards content creators, or big competitive names.

They don't want to ban them or something. For doing exactly this, some people have gotten PvP bans for a few months, others have been perma banned entirely. Just doesn't make sense.

this gold 2 that placed 7 at leaderboards i think it's gone from game, but also the top 1 of that season, that wasn't particurlaly great, maybe he could peak plat 2 solo, i havent seen any of them since then

 

this guardian afking was on stream, maybe it's worth opening a ticket sending the footage, but it feels waste of time. Maybe he afked every single game against another player or duo

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for all of your input - I can't fathom the intensity at the very top during the end of the season when g3/p1 are also riding the bandwagon. I stopped reporting the AFKers and still practice niceties like saying gf after defending a node and gg at the end of the match. 

To diffuse my disappointment of anet's inaction, I'd facetiously ask on mapchat how much they paid the AFKer. Lol. At least it gets people to talk and keep a somewhat positive energy despite my annoyance. It goes both ways, sometimes the enemy team gets an 

AFKer and I'd be first to apologize and preface that I wasn't the "buyer" 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...