Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

So it's been roughly 2 months now since EoD launched but, afiak, there's still no sign of them adding the runes for the latest e-specs. Has Anet ever given an official statement on why that is or have they at least hinted at them being added to the game? 

 

Any info you have will be greatly appreciated 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Which runes are you referring to? There are two new stat combos, but no new runes nor sigils, AFAIK.

 

The armor runes based on the elite specializations introduced in End of Dragons

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Which runes are you referring to? There are two new stat combos, but no new runes nor sigils, AFAIK.

Things like the Superior Rune of the [insert elite spec here] from the previous expansions. They have stats and a bonus that tends to help the basic build idea of the spec.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2022 at 8:11 PM, Tanek.5983 said:

Things like the Superior Rune of the [insert elite spec here] from the previous expansions. They have stats and a bonus that tends to help the basic build idea of the spec.

So we are talking about hypothetical EoD runes -- got it.

On 4/24/2022 at 8:01 PM, Mediahead.3542 said:

The armor runes based on the elite specializations introduced in End of Dragons

I don't recall the devs ever insinuating that there will be sets of new runes for EoD.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mediahead.3542 said:

So it's been roughly 2 months now since EoD launched but, afiak, there's still no sign of them adding the runes for the latest e-specs. Has Anet ever given an official statement on why that is or have they at least hinted at them being added to the game? 

 

Any info you have will be greatly appreciated 

The devs have never said anything about these, whether they would be added or why they didn't add them.  I would theorize that there is a small chance we see them added with the Summer Profession patch due June 28th, but most likely is they will never add them to the game and they will never tell us why they didn't add them.

Just another knock against EoD for not providing a full featured release with assets in line with the prior expansions.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know they haven't said anything about any new Elite Specialization runes based on the EoD Elite specializations. 

My only guess as to why there aren't any is that they finished the Elite Specializations too late in development to also be able work on new runes to balance. I don't think any new runes at all got introduced in End of Dragons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Just another knock against EoD for not providing a full featured release with assets in line with the prior expansions.

I think for an expansion that (quote) "was devloped under such difficult circumstances", these are shortcomings one can live with.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I think for an expansion that (quote) "was devloped under such difficult circumstances", these are shortcomings one can live with.

It really ends up being what the developers can live with.  They made the choices of what to develop under 'difficult circumstances' and they delivered it as such.  I would trade Fishing and Skiffs for Runes every day of the week.  They felt it a good idea to add a mini game that doesn't actually tie into the core game in any meaningful way except for blocking some achievements/collections.  That development time and energy could have been used on anything else but they made a choice; Add something useless to the game and leave players asking where X, Y and Z features are that other expansions delivered.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

It really ends up being what the developers can live with.  They made the choices of what to develop under 'difficult circumstances' and they delivered it as such.  I would trade Fishing and Skiffs for Runes every day of the week.  They felt it a good idea to add a mini game that doesn't actually tie into the core game in any meaningful way except for blocking some achievements/collections.  That development time and energy could have been used on anything else but they made a choice; Add something useless to the game and leave players asking where X, Y and Z features are that other expansions delivered.

Don't you think the variety of runes we already have in the game suffices?

Also, how is fishing blocking other achievements/collections?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Don't you think the variety of runes we already have in the game suffices?

Also, how is fishing blocking other achievements/collections?

 

You have to fish in order to complete the collections for all the the new elite specs. I'm sure that's probably only going to be just the beginning.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Also, how is fishing blocking other achievements/collections?

To get your Elite Spec's weapon you need to fish. By extension to get the new ascended profession trinkets you need to fish since they require a completed weapon collection to buy.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Don't you think the variety of runes we already have in the game suffices?

No, I don't.

Adding more combinations of Runes would provide more ways for customizing a build.  It doesn't have to be Meta making/breaking, but simply Runes that could empower different build and gameplay styles.  I also do not limit Profession based Runes specifically to the named Profession, and see new Runes as something many builds/professions could potentially use.

There is a lot of room within the Rune design space that could be leveraged.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of rune types and combinations are missing, certain features are heavily weighted in certain rune types.

For example, Power runes have a huge lack of anti-condition options, most anti condition runes are Toughness / Condi.

A Power version for the Superior Antitoxin rune would be nice.

Edited by Ezrael.6859
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a problem with adding more Runes with "even better" stat combinations. It would lead to only those Runes being used. There are many Runes already that are never being used.

I think the solution isn't to add more but to give the existing ones a complete overhaul.

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2022 at 10:34 PM, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

They could do both.

 

yes please for the love of tyria do it. so tired of the meta being basically just 5 different runes.
maybe i been playing ESO to much but i would love runes to have something similar to the set bonuses ESO have.

one thing i could see them doing is adding a cool effect to most of the runes and making the cooldowns of those effect like 20-30s (especially for the runes that already do have a cool effect tied to them). for example Rune of the Privateer. 6/6 bonus on it is "shout "YARR" summoning a parrot and granting might to allies" pretty cool rune set bonus imo.... then you look at the large 60s cooldown and it (pun intended with the example) takes all the wind out of the sail.


but back to elite spec runes, im "HOPING" they show up once the next season of living world starts.

Edited by crosknight.3041
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...